I can't get this game to play

Thomas001122

I click to play the game(from the dashboard not in the game)and it just goes to a black screen. It stays there and I have to turn my console off and back on. Anybody else having any problems?

Edit:Okay after trying for 30 minutes it is working now.

Edited by Thomas001122

I was running into the exact same problem and was starting to think it was my hard drive messing up. I originally had this game installed but then deleted and reinstalled. That seemed to have fixed it ... so far. I am glad to hear I am not the only one who has encountered this problem because trying to find a "fix" can be almost nonexistent.

Is this happening on all models of 360?

Not sure. I have an elite, and I had no issues last night when I put the game in. Title update popped up right away, redeemed my codes, and then started playing, no problems. Strange to see others are having issues. But as they said, hopefully this issue (since apparently it's with other newer games?) will be resolved with the new dash update, although I have yet to have this issue with any game, new or old, thankfully. *knocks on wood*.

Not sure. I have an elite, and I had no issues last night when I put the game in. Title update popped up right away, redeemed my codes, and then started playing, no problems. Strange to see others are having issues. But as they said, hopefully this issue (since apparently it's with other newer games?) will be resolved with the new dash update, although I have yet to have this issue with any game, new or old, thankfully. *knocks on wood*.

I have a slim and it happened to me. I installed the game, entered all my codes while doing so. Started the game up once all that was done. Immediately installed the title update. Afterwards it went black and the console froze up (couldn't even open in game dashboard with controller). Restarted my xbox and tried again. It froze up again (no title update though). Tried it one more time and it loaded fine.

I haven't tried to play again since my first session so I have no idea if its going to be a regular problem or not.

To those that think it may be an issue caused by the new 360 disc formats: I think you are correct. I remember this happening to me with either GoW3 or Rage (can't remember which one) as well. Never had it happen until then (at least never had a game freeze right as I was loading it).