First impressions... well worth the 1200!

Paka

Only have played a couple hours or so, but this is great, well worth the points. :) I have six of the achievements already and unlocked all the modes, this is way easier than the ones in Bejeweled 2. I don't know what the hell they were thinking with the achievements in that one. Music is awesome!

ETA: Have to go with Butterflies as my favorite of the modes so far. To nine achievements now; they definitely went to the opposite extreme on them. VERY nice that they made unlocking the other modes so much easier! Anyways, no longer have to hold down A when swapping stones like in 2.

Edited by Paka

Yeah, I've had it for months and have been playing as much as my spare time allows but only have one achievement for it! I'm working on Endless, along with it the ones for the 10k and 1k cubes, but even with all the time I've put in, going by the 60 million mark that for the achievement for Endless (just 10G, BTW), I'm less than 1/4 the way there.

I like the fantasy theme of 3 more than the space one of 2, also. As I mentioned, better music, and love the sound effects with Zen/Endless. Usually I play music of my own but actually may stick with the game stuff for this one.

It is fun, but I do not feel ANY game as basic as Bejewled is worth 1200MSP, nor is any Mappack (I'm looking at you CoD) and don't get me started on the Avatar marketplace.

The more people that buy these at overly inflated prices, just spurs the companies on to bend us over and go in dry, for more and more things... I haven't purchased a single CoD Mappack because of the cost (not that I cannot afford it, just that its fucking horribly over priced, 800MSP should be the most we see Mappacks at) and if my wife didn't purchase Bejeweled, I wouldn't have skipped it too. As more gamers should do... then we may start seeing more down to earth prices.

It is fun, but I do not feel ANY game as basic as Bejewled is worth 1200MSP, nor is any Mappack (I'm looking at you CoD) and don't get me started on the Avatar marketplace.

The more people that buy these at overly inflated prices, just spurs the companies on to bend us over and go in dry, for more and more things... I haven't purchased a single CoD Mappack because of the cost (not that I cannot afford it, just that its fucking horribly over priced, 800MSP should be the most we see Mappacks at) and if my wife didn't purchase Bejeweled, I wouldn't have skipped it too. As more gamers should do... then we may start seeing more down to earth prices.

Can't say i disagree with the thought process here at all. 800 was the new 400, and then 1200 is now the new 800... pretty soon game will be 1600 points standard... which is a shame.

I love the DLC and the options available, and theres a lot of good games on the marketplace. However the BIG thing for me is if it's GENUINE DLC...

Capcom is totall BS. Resident Evil 5 - DLC Multiplayer that was already on the disc, and available at launch. Same with MvC3 Characters. Etc...

That is the stuff that upsets me for two reasons:

1. It's a way for them to scam an extra buck out of the general consumer instead of packing it with the game as it should have been... soon that $60 is now $70, just cause of that.

2. People without internet (LUL.. yeah they're out there... my brother... (the fool!)) It's really not fair to him that he can't play as the DLC that should have been included... or... buy the CE and get "FREE DOWNLOAD OF SPECIAL CHARS" yeah.. that doesn't help either.

Ok ok so the rant went off tangent - but I'm with ya on the pricing.

At least there is some saving grace that they have deal of the week and price drops... but i waited three years for Tetris Splash to go to 400 points... LAME!

Oh wow.. I feel out of the loop, didn't even know they came out with bejeweled 3... >_>

Glad to hear cheeves are a little easier on this one, I have bejewled 2, and I love playing it for the most part (despite the music getting tedious after awhile haha), but the achievements were crazyyyy hard!

I shall be checking out the demo for bejewled 3... but evidently you guys all say its worth 1200msp, so I hope you're right! :p

Man this thread got WAY off subject. I think this game is worth the ten bucks. It's called inflation people.. It happens.... Don't be cheap-skates. Love PopCap games, I own every one, and plan on owning every one in the future. I got 5 achievements on Bejeweled 2. The chievies on this one are a lot better. Only thing that bugs me about the Bejeweled games is the dpad controls. SO much easier with a mouse. But oh well. I love those chievies. xD

I had JUST picked up Bejeweled 2 for only 400 points, not knowing that 3 was about to be released.... Yes, I do agree that 1200 is a lot for a game like this, but, if you look at the number of hours of play that you will most likely get out of this one over the years, I think it's a great value! Not to mention it's appeal to the casual gaming crowd. If they came out with a special "popcap" system for the holidays, they might even sell systems to people who are used to playing on the computer...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...