Season pass

iMartin AFC

Sorry peeps if this has been posted time and time again... buts its reagrding about the season pass.....

If I buy the season pass.. Do I get a 4 free DLC or do I get discount on 4 DLC?

If you bothered to read any of the comments you would know, but seeing as I'm a top guy I'll just save you the bother you will be able to download the 4 DLC free of charge as long as you have the season pass and no you will not get discount on a 5th if they do make more than 4

There have been exceptions to the Live rules, which usually mean new Live rules.

Basically, if they were going to increase max DLC gamerscore, chances are it would be a franchise like Gears of War or Halo to get away with it first.

I believe a Dawn of War title on PC has 2000 total Gamerscore. And that isn't a microsoft exclusive.

If you were to buy them all separately you would be paying 3600 MSP total.

There are no discounts other than getting 1200 MSP off the price of 4 DLCs when you buy the bundle known as the "season pass"

Three DLCs for 800 MSP (you pay for) & one DLC for 1200 MSP (you basically get for free)

Edited by Grammaton Dryad
wrong

^Exactly. They could just as easily give us a few weapon and character skins, with no achievements in the third and/or fourth DLC.

Yes... the fact that RAAM's shadow is 1200 points gets me thinking just that.

The season pass is 33% off means that the next 2 packs could be on sale for 600 points each. I don't know what content epic would sell for 600 points, but I'm pretty sure it won't be 3 maps and 3 characters.

I hope i'm wrong.

You really think they'd be assholes and just give us 1600MSP worth of weapons skins in the last two bundles that the pass offers? They're in business to make money, sure, but come on, they're not fucking evil. Plus, the first two pieces of content have all been packed full of goodies. Don't see any reason the final two won't be.

They already confirmed the pass would include a combination of horde/beast/SP/MP - so far we have our horde and SP, and a few maps that can be used in MP someday, so we're definitely due some beast and more MP.

You really think they'd be assholes and just give us 1600MSP worth of weapons skins in the last two bundles that the pass offers? They're in business to make money, sure, but come on, they're not fucking evil. Plus, the first two pieces of content have all been packed full of goodies. Don't see any reason the final two won't be.

They already confirmed the pass would include a combination of horde/beast/SP/MP - so far we have our horde and SP, and a few maps that can be used in MP someday, so we're definitely due some beast and more MP.

Well, they were evil enough to put the content on the disc and still charge us for it... lol

Well, they were evil enough to put the content on the disc and still charge us for it... lol

See, I hate that way of thinking. What you got on the disc is more than worth $60, in my opinion. There are plenty of games out there that charge the same and give you a six-hour campaign and nothing more. The replayability of horde, beast and MP are ridiculous.

If you read the fine print of purchasing a game, you're actually just purchasing the "license" to play the available content on the disc. They've done nothing wrong locking some of it away. Is it sneaky? Maybe. But I happen to think I got more value out of what they allowed me access to than they even charged, and I actually agree it's worth more than the $60 I paid, so I don't feel ripped off in the least paying the difference for the locked content.

Edited by The Pants Party

Yes... the fact that RAAM's shadow is 1200 points gets me thinking just that.

The season pass is 33% off means that the next 2 packs could be on sale for 600 points each. I don't know what content epic would sell for 600 points, but I'm pretty sure it won't be 3 maps and 3 characters.

I hope i'm wrong.

Your calculations are off, there's still 1600 worth of content left. The total is 3600, not 3400, of which 2000 is already accounted for.

See, I hate that way of thinking. What you got on the disc is more than worth $60, in my opinion. There are plenty of games out there that charge the same and give you a six-hour campaign and nothing more. The replayability of horde, beast and MP are ridiculous.

If you read the fine print of purchasing a game, you're actually just purchasing the "license" to play the available content on the disc. They've done nothing wrong locking some of it away. Is it sneaky? Maybe. But I happen to think I got more value out of what they allowed me access to than they even charged, and I actually agree it's worth more than the $60 I paid, so I don't feel ripped off in the least paying the difference for the locked content.

I agree with Pants, I feel like I got way more than $60 worth of content already. Honestly, I'm happy it's already on the disk because I'm running low on storage space.

^Nah dude. Look it up on Twitter. EpicCog said its four DLCs of their choosing. So really, they can put out another DLC between the season pass.

touche. here's the marketplace listing:

Are you ready for even more Gears of War 3 content? The Gears 3 Season Pass is your ticket to brand new Campaign, Horde, Beast, and multiplayer content, including new playable characters. The Season Pass serves as your pre-order (at a 33% discount!) of four downloadable content packages that you will receive every quarter, starting in November. Season Pass purchasers also immediately receive the exclusive Liquid Metal animated weapon skin to show you’re ready for all the good things to come!

I suppose I always thought it was the first ones, since that's how it was for L.A. Noire (but it was all the DLC too).

This makes me more nervous because now I don't know what DLC that's being released I'll be getting. I will correct my post.

touche. here's the marketplace listing:

I suppose I always thought it was the first ones, since that's how it was for L.A. Noire (but it was all the DLC too).

This makes me more nervous because now I don't know what DLC that's being released I'll be getting. I will correct my post.

Yeah, I think we all assumed that it would be the first 4. Aside from that, you never know what they'll offer us anyway. It might be Beast and MP, or just a variety of different things, or nothing for a while and they toss us OTHER non-Season Pass DLC.