Community Challenge Boosting (100 Views/4 Stars)

ProXy

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work finding out the description does work, BlackDragon. I hold my hands up and admit when I asserted it didn't work, I was just reading what the game said somewhere, however I've since noticed that it does actually say title and description in the title of the text entry box when you're searching. Doh!

I'm going to go do some testing on the unique views front. I'm going to pick one of the x360a100 tagged pictures and sit here re-viewing it repeatedly. I'll check back in the morning once the servers have had time to catch up and see how many views it's got then.

I'm going to attack BlackDragon's spotlight. It's at 20 views right now. I'll hit it the full 80 times and I'll re-view all the other tagged pics while I'm there, too. Hopefully BlackDragon will have the badge by morning.

Edited by BoooDave

Well it only took me about 5 minutes to blitz the 80 views earlier.

I've just checked the pic and it's now on 21 views, so as far as I can see, one of three things is happening;

1) That extra view is by someone else that it's caught up with and has yet to catch up with my 80 views

2) It only registers one hit per day by any one GT, and that 1 hit is all Dragon's going to get from my 80 attempts

3) It only registers 1 hit per GT forever, so none of my 80 hits did anything and the extra hit is from someone else.

I guess we'll have to wait maybe 24 hours to be sure if we can eliminate option 1. I remain optimistic that the servers just take time to catch up and update though, as my count seems to jump 5 or 10 at a time.

I'm fairly certain that if it CAN register multiple views from the same source, it'd be a once-per-day thing, though even that seems unlikely... testing it would be a bit more difficult, but not impossible. Best way to do it is to grab some unimportant, unnoticed picture with 0 views, which nobody else is likely to be interested in, and then view it a few times over a period of 2-3 days. If it winds up with more than 1 view, then that works, and we'll be able to boost our way to 100 views relatively quickly. If not... well, we better hope that a LOT more people sign up for this. >_>;

I'm fairly certain that if it CAN register multiple views from the same source, it'd be a once-per-day thing, though even that seems unlikely... testing it would be a bit more difficult, but not impossible. Best way to do it is to grab some unimportant, unnoticed picture with 0 views, which nobody else is likely to be interested in, and then view it a few times over a period of 2-3 days. If it winds up with more than 1 view, then that works, and we'll be able to boost our way to 100 views relatively quickly. If not... well, we better hope that a LOT more people sign up for this. >_>;

lol - I'm going to go back in and view them all again just to see -- pretty easy once you put the tag in the description

Edit: There are only 13 of you with the x360a100 tag - so there's a few that need to add the tag. It's so much easier to grab the list of photos that way rather than going through individual GTs

Edited by HammerArch
Adding information

Well, since nobody else has come forth to pick up the experiment I proposed, I'm going ahead and doing it myself. I'm currently searching for an unimportant, preferably-old, picture with 0 views, somewhere in the recesses of the Storefront system. Over the week-end, I'll View it a couple of times per day. Monday, well, I'll be able to tell if you can get more than one view from each.

Incidentally, switching to this 'search by Keyword' bit is working quite cleverly. Lots of people haven't added that keyword, though. And who are those people? Well, that would be the ones who don't bother to check back in with the thread to see who else needs help. Who figure that just having their name down at the start of the thread will ensure them a steady stream of Views with no work on their own part needed. So if they get left out of the view-rounds from new arrivals, well, I think we can live with that...

Well, I think we can live with that...
Quite.

I was actually going to do just such a little experiment with the views on a 0-view pic myself, and I could have sword I posted a message to that effect. It's a good job I don't appear to have done so though, as I got distracted when gears 3 arrived in the post about 40 hours ago and I completely forgot to do anything other than play horde. When I eventually need a break from gears, I'll go have a peek at the storefont and get some views done for people. Hopefully by then you'll have good news concerning us being able to register at least 1 view per day on each picture. Once I know that's the case, I'll try to pop on most days to get some views for people.

Gamertag: File name (views)

--------------------------------------------

HTP ProXy: 2 (21)

x Kloetenpony x: tron 430 (17)

BlakeTheDrake: Spotlight (22)

MASS D0MINATI0N: Audi sunset (9)

MagixMan: GM Silvia TG (43)

Aiden 514: Bently (28)

Le Benjo: Alps Spotlight (18)

BoooDave: Cars dont fly (39)

DeFFeR: Snake bit (13)

MartyrDon: 5 (14)

JustMyReactionz: my drifting car (17)

Original Timmy: unicorn (10)

Leon ACE: Fingers Hurting (14)

DefEdge: Back to Basics (23)

Wafro Kid: Alps Spotlight (17)

R1Raven 69: FM3 R8 PreOrder (16)

BOOSTED 2ZZ: beat 86 (10)

MajorDarkM3llow: contest (14)

Cubivore: Camaro (8)

Kjeksen: Pepsi MAX (27)

HammerArch: nutz (30)

crashbox720: smokin start (8)

Tubby131313: S7 (6)

kazewei: Indy Spirit 177 (0)

20 of us in the list so far but not very many of us have 20 Views? Comeon people if you're gonna add your name here to get views at least go view the others also!

I also noticed that only 17 of us have added the "x360a100" to our descriptions..

Cubivore, Kjeksen, HammerArch, crashbox720, Tubby131313., kazewei

Have now been viewed and Rated

Sorry guys, was tied up in some battlefield for a bit;)

I have added the x360a100 tag to my description as well as viewed and rated the above new guys;)

P.S. And off topic, does anyone have an Astom Martin DBR1 I could borrow?;)