Achievement Guide and Road Map

Neomop

I was going to post this yesterday but I had the same problem. I played the game the first time on Hard and defended the team, but didn't get the achievement. After I beat the game, I loaded this mission up on Easy and got the achievement first time after shooting a couple guys that head to the building you're at, after I had already defended the team.

I tried it again and also wasn't able to unlock it until I took a shot at the guys running down the street to your location after Chaffin gets extracted.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem on HARD I didn't kill every enemy on my own. Achievement didn't pop. Then I started a new campaign on NORMAL and killed every enemy on my own and got the achievement.

If you take too long your teammates kill the enemies.

I most definitely didn't kill every enemy when I retried on Easy, and got it. The key is killing 5/6 guys rushing to your building on the street after you're supposed to have protected the guys already.

Updated with re-ordered list according to order obtained in campaign, co-op, and likelihood in multiplayer + some other minor changes.

Still working on good descriptions for co-op missions, should be done tonight.

Also if anyone has a more accurate # of hrs for getting Colonel (rank 45), including the amount of xp is required, it would be appreciated.

Good guide so far. I would suggest ordering the missable achievements in the campaign in chronological order for those attempting to get them all in 1 playthrough. The order would be:

not on my watch

roadkill

involuntary euthanasia

you can be my wingman anytime

the professional

scrap metal

army of darkness

twofer

what the hell are you doing

butterfly

practice makes perfect

between a rock and a hard place

Edited by Vicktacular

Butterfly is not glitches.

You can reload checkpoints/die as long as it is before regrouping where the jet attacks. Once you see the jet you must make it all the way to the launcher and hit the jet with one rocket.

The achievement says "in one attempt" so dieing and trying again is not in one attempt. When you reload that checkpoint or die it starts you off closer to the launcher and you can actually get much farther ahead of your squad than if you do it in your first attempt.

I died early on and had to restart the checkpoint and it still unlocked.

your description for in the nick of time achievement is wrong, you need to disarm the bomb within 20 seconds of it being armed not less than 20 seconds on the counter.

I disarmed it the first time with 18 seconds left on the timer and I got the achievement. It kind of makes sense considering it's "In the nick of time".

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1364/UPiRlsM=.jpgIt's better than nothing! - 30 cMWqi33vd7VoXoMu7e1Xn2EfK_ueAvgwtQiAN427ezJCvmIfgkSxCGNh32eJVZ7y8BXaAB8gKUGZT86ECVCUW02MrjVUDR4Kc_321K6VRTo2O0XAG1c

Finish as 3rd MVP in a ranked match

See "Most Valuable Player" for more information.

Wrong Image! That one is from Support Efficiency achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/battlefield-3/achievement/59616-It-s-better-than-nothing-.htmlhttp://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1364/UPqwn3Y=.jpg

Right one above ;)

Edited by Achiever TM

@ guide maker.

Looks like "not on my watch" & "Butterfly" cannot be done on easy difficulty.

Just replayed the first mission on Normal and got it straight away. Going to spend another 10 mins getting to through rock and hard place to see if butterfly unlocks in normal.

@ guide maker.

Just replayed the first mission on Normal and got it straight away. Going to spend another 10 mins getting to through rock and hard place to see if butterfly unlocks in normal.

i got the butterfly achievement today on easy so ya it works on easy

Nice guide so far - but it would be helpful to have all single player achievements in order that you would get them in. I am constantly going up to the top of the page to see whats next, instead of just having to go down the line. Other than that its shaping up to be a great guide - and thanks!

@ guide maker.

Incorrect - I got both of these on Easy so yes, it can be done. I think the issues with achievements are not bugs/glitches but rather poor descriptions:

On my Hard playthrough, I took out the jet in one shot but did not get Butterfly. I think this was because I shot at it on the opposite side of it's run from the video guide posted earlier so I did not get the nice sort of cinematic where it flies overhead and blows up just to the side of the bridge. (although me being able to shoot it down from another angle may have been a glitch itself)

For Not on My Watch, it must have to do with the number of enemies you actually kill as opposed to your squad mates, because otherwise it would just be a normal story progression cheevo. I am not sure if these numbers are correct but I think there are ~12 enemies (on easy) and I think I took out 10 of them, it must have been a much smaller ratio on my Hard playthrough since it did not pop there.

I also got You Can Be My Wingman Anytime and The Professional on easy for those of you wondering if it's possible. All other achievements I obtained on the Hard playthrough without issue.

Edited by Thiago123

ibkYvL3R7hZVr3Di-nTpleAw18IyZ-f5FOmZ-WVcShP2ESsa9H8wr2qxhe9EFO28e7zTerD4PoiiQxPaXzYZTXU0JY5q-cSdekCvxJjDwEGRlXjPlIsBetween a rock and a hard place - 15 cMWqi33vd7VoXoMu7e1Xn2EfK_ueAvgwtQiAN427ezJCvmIfgkSxCGNh32eJVZ7y8BXaAB8gKUGZT86ECVCUW02MrjVUDR4Kc_321K6VRTo2O0XAG1c

Beat Solomon, flawlessly, in The Great Destroyer

At the end of the mission "The Great Destroyer", you will get into a bruhaha with Solomon after flipping his car. You must simply hit all the button commands as they pop up (and not miss any), and this achievement will unlock at the end of the fight.

Does the sequence in the train count for this achievement, also? (only one video I watched had the train sequence).

You might want to put the button sequence in the guide as well. I've watched 5 or 6 different videos on YouTube (as well as the one in the guide) and all of them have the same sequence.

:lbbut: (on train), :abut: (on train), :abut: (on street), :bbut:, :rtbut:, :bbut:, :abut:, :abut:, :abut: (those last three A's are in a row when you are hitting Solomon with a brick).