Best make for the Affinity level 50 achievement?

SeanTM22

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chevrolet, just because there is at least one car per class. Teal Pavelski has a great idea though. You'll only be missing a few classes if you choose Ferrari (like E and F, or something).

I'm more of a Ford fan so I'll be hurting when I have to choose R1 races. I'm in my fourth year and I'm like level 18 for Ford.

I personally chose Ferrari initially due to the achievement, but even after obtaining it, I still use them because they have a diverse selection. Plus I love my F40 and 458 Italia TO DEATH. I will bite fingers if you try to take them away.

In all honestly I would say use the car maker that you like the most. My friend has been using McLaren and is level 23 :(

Edit: Also make sure when you see Affinity Bonus for your Manufacturer you use the car that fits the requirements. I have spent well over 80% of my races in World Tour in races that give me an Affinity bonus.

Edited by Maldastar52

Doesn't really matter what you pick as long the make has a decent low end car. Most cars can be upgraded through a wide range of classes making a lot of races available. My Prius can compete from F through A. I'm not going for Toyota, but there's an example of one car with a good amount of race choices.

The important thing isn't in what make you choose, but that you stick with that make for every race that you can.

Simply completing all 10 seasons in World Tour is nowhere near enough to get your affinity to 50. You will have to grind for it.

I would suggest Ferrari since in the "event list" there is a Ferrari GT (R2) race that will give you about 10,000XP each race + 100% bonus XP on top of that.

I personally am doing the Ferrari's. Just because their is an achievement for getting them and such, I'm also using them to help me get the achievement for driving on every track. Takes some time but I will get it soon enough.

I think the best is a combination of what cars you like and a manufacture with cars in many classes.

For me Ford was the best option, I love to drive with the Muscle Cars and the V8 Supercars. But Ford has no R1/R2 cars but I dont like them at all (would choose a F race over an R1 all day) so if you like these kind of races another manufacture would be better.

Overall I think Audi is the best choice if you dont have any specific wishes for races or cars.

If you're the kind who likes collecting Badges, the strategic move would be to focus on a make that also has a 'Drive 1000 Miles' badge, or even more. For example, if you picked Chevrolet, you can drive 400 miles in their Stock Car for one title, 1000 miles in a Corvette for another (while picking up the one for just driving 1000 in a Chevvy along the way), and you can even use the Chevrolet Volt to work on the title for driving 1000 miles in an Electric or Hybrid... all that would get you most of the way to 50 while working on several titles at the same time. Of course, it's just an example - you can do mostly the same thing with Ford - minus the Electric.

i used bugatti on the eventlist, am now lvl 50 in affinity :=

set it on free class so u can use it in almost every race:) i just need 2 more achievments Bucketlist and the kinect achievment!

you like to race with S class cars against E class? seems ultra boring, bc the AI is not even able to win if I race a car with the same index

So far Nissan and Lancia are the only ones at lvl 10 but i'm planning to use either of the aformentioned 2 or Dodge or Honda

Yes Lancia, i'm a Delta and Stratos fan xD

Don't forget the 037. I'm also a big fan of the Lancias in the game, all the good ones and none of the bad ones. I have plans to make classic rally racing liveries for each of them.

As for my Affinity, I'm thinking Nissan will be the one. I'm only at level 4 or 5 right now though because I'm at the point where I'm trying every car I can get my hands on, I'm not even going to bother thinking about level 50 until I'm done everything else.

I went with Ford, first car in the game and I generally love Fords apart from my type r all the cars in RL have had been fords :D I'll do as much of the bucketlist with one and i'll boost myself with Race Online agaisnt 11 AI cars while i'll watch some show. :)

I'm using Mazda for mine, currently lvl 18 or so. They've got a good selection of classes and some manufacturer specific events too. The 2 is fine for F class, the Miata can be upgraded through most other classes for 'handling' and the unicorn Spirit R is very fast for speed tracks. The Furai and the R1 cars are great for the R classes.