Best make for the Affinity level 50 achievement?

SeanTM22

I'm doing Ferrari because you can have a car in every class from D to R1. Sure you have to do another manufacturer for E and F but many other manufacturers have holes in the R1-R3 cars or you have to use a crap C class car upgraded to R3 which usually makes them terrible to drive. Cars tend to handle much better if you only upgrade them 1 or 2 classes. There are exceptions of course.

For E and F I'm using Chevys, because I started out driving Vettes a lot. Right now my Ferrari level is 23 and Chevy is 18. That's with over double the time spent in Ferraris vs Chevys. And it's just going to get worse as the levels get higher. I bet it's going to be 10 hours or more just for one level as you get closer to 50.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm doing Ferrari because you can have a car in every class from D to R1. Sure you have to do another manufacturer for E and F but many other manufacturers have holes in the R1-R3 cars or you have to use a crap C class car upgraded to R3 which usually makes them terrible to drive. Cars tend to handle much better if you only upgrade them 1 or 2 classes. There are exceptions of course.

For E and F I'm using Chevys, because I started out driving Vettes a lot. Right now my Ferrari level is 23 and Chevy is 18. That's with over double the time spent in Ferraris vs Chevys. And it's just going to get worse as the levels get higher. I bet it's going to be 10 hours or more just for one level as you get closer to 50.

BMW is better as you only miss out on F class. You can upgrade your R3 GT2 to the bottom end of R2. Obviously it is a little harder to compete but still very doable.

BMW is better as you only miss out on F class. You can upgrade your R3 GT2 to the bottom end of R2. Obviously it is a little harder to compete but still very doable.

I do like BMW, but some of the cars (M5) feel like tanks at times. I'd love to have one in real life, but in racing games they just don't handle as well as the smaller, lighter Ferraris. Really you could cover F through R1 with Chevy I believe (not 100% about R2) but then you're pretty much just driving one Corvette or another the majority of the time. I'm sure there are other vendors that have a good range of cars as well.

So I guess I shouldn't have said it was just for the wide range of cars, but also because I wanted to use the cars I'm spending many millions of credits on for the Ferrari Collector achievement.

• 2 weeks later...

I did Chevy as well, and truthfully it wasn't that bad. What helped me specifically was that I really enjoyed the Classic Muscle rivals challenge on Maple Valley Short. Every day Id run many laps there, just climbing the Leaderboard against another club member (now @280 or something) every lap is 1000 exp. So It was killing a few birds with one stone.

I suggest finding a rival race you like to run, and take your Affinty car to it. It is great way to get experience and $ without just grinding.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was going through the career and there were a lot of Fords so used them to level 20. Then decided to use the australian car Holden. Only had one which I raced 2 500 odd km s before buying the commodore as I was bored. Finished career and did quite a few on the event list before getting to level 50 on affinity. Now almost finished driver level too.

Go to the event list and hit Start. At the bottom you'll find Class Restriction. This doesn't make everything available with all cars, since there are model, make, and all kinds of other car restrictions. But you can use a X999 for things that aren't restricted by a car type.

Thanks!!!

wish i would have known this prior to finally reaching 80% on this FUCKING god-awful event list:uzi:

this thing is taking forever!!!

• 3 weeks later...

LEVEL 20 WITH SUBARU I LOVE SUBARU :p AND LEVEL 15 WITH FERRARI

Originally Posted by GeNN1z

i used bugatti on the eventlist, am now lvl 50 in affinity :=

set it on free class so u can use it in almost every race i just need 2 more achievments Bucketlist and the kinect achievment!

THIS GUY HAVE 0 % OF CAR PASSION

I HATE GUYS RUNNING WITH BUGATTIS :uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi: IN ONLINE MATCHES !!! :uzi::uzi:

Edited by Spun77xLucky Stricke

I would say that the best manufacturer for this one is Ferrari as you can get the Ferrari achievement along the way. Am I the only Honda fan in there ? I know they don't have a big range of cars but I like them. I use the Mugen in A classes events and my CR-X in C classes events. I will upgrade them to finish some more events in the higher classes. Great game !

I'm doing it with ferrari purely because of the achievement to own all ferrari's on disc 1

Exactly. I got 50 affinity with Ferrari for the same reason, however I don not like their handling at all. Switched to Nissan after that and currently level 24 affinity. Also once you reach level 25 (i think) its a flat 50k for each affinity level onwards. I'll probably work on BMW next.