Achievment guide and Road Map

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story will never make sense. Ever.

haha so I hear.. I've never played any of this series yet but I've got friends that swear by it!!

The chronological order would be: MGS3 -> Peace Walker -> MG1 -> MG2: Solid Snake -> MGS1 -> MGS2 -> MGS4

The collection doesn't have MGS1 nor MGS4, however. You can fill in the gaps of MGS1 by watching a playthough on youtube. Alternatively, you can read "In the Darkness of Shadow Moses", which can be found as an extra in MGS2. It's actually a novel written by one of the characters describing the events of MGS1 through her point of view. It's not the same thing as playing the game, but it's better than nothing.

Thanks very much that's exactly what I wanted to know.. I actually have MGS1 for my PSone, so I'll probably just play it in it's original form.. and who knows by the time I play the first few games of this series there might be an HD remake released of MGS1 on the marketplace or something..

Regarding the Kabuki facepaint, you have to go into the waterfall, meet EVA, then go back out to the pond. It doesn't show up otherwise. Same deal with the Tsuchinoko (It shows up, but you have no way of tranqing it unless you get your equipment back).

[Edit] The image for "Can I Keep It?" (MGS3 Achievement - Capture any animal alive) is wrong.

Proper image - http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/D2/nH/0YCLiGJhbC9DCBtyGy1TWTQwL2FjaC8wLzI3AAAAAOfn5-7oaRM=.jpg

Edited by x360a The End

Okay, I'm following this list http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox/561507-metal-gear-solid-2-substance/cheats

Is that 50 dog tags for the Unlock Bandana (Infinite Ammo for Tanker Chapter), on one difficulty or across the different difficulties?

It unlocks it for all difficulties, there is only 28ish-33ish per difficulty on tanker, so youll need to beat tanker at least twice on two different difficulties for the bandana and at least three for the stealth (80 tags) getting all or most tags.

Quick question regarding the peace walker achievement. If you kill an animal does it count against the achievement?

Quick answer: no.

Updating the achievement guide again with the latest suggestions!

Edit: I believe this update settles it, pretty much. Lots of videos, lots of corrections... if there's anything to correct from now on, I'm pretty sure it's just minor stuff.

Edited by AndreyCout

Personally, I tried going through the demo theatre and watched every single hidden video and didn't get the achievement. I'm not confirming that it doesn't unlock, it just didn't work for me.

A lot of different sources are confirming this. I didn't test it by myself, but until someone says otherwise, I'm assuming it's official that using the demo theather DOES NOT count for Snake Eyes.

Collectible Guide that I found and edited.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=345743

I'll be adding a link to your thread (which links the original thread) on the guide. Thanks.

Does anyone know if tranqing those guys on the hover craft counts as kill? I killed at least 6 in the final motorcycle run and shot a couple of guys on the motorcycle and in the final enemy count it said I only killed 3 enemies

I dunno if anyone has else has suggested this but if anyone is haveing problems getting the believe it or not achievement on MGS3 the absoutle best place is not the area where you fight the fear.

Two areas before the boss fight with ocelot or otherwise called Bolshaya past south just after the swamp is the area with all the electric fences and the first time you come across dogs. In this area no other animal can be caught BUT the tsuchinoko all you need to do is put down any mousetrps you have walk away a short distance and just listen you should catch it in a couple min if nothing happens in 5 min change the traps place and wait again its surprisng how little time and effort it takes to catch him here. If you dont know the ocelot mousetrap trick simply go one area ahead to bolshaya past base right before the boss there are two mousetraps there, collect them and go back to catch it. you have to keep it most of the game but it saves alot of effort later getting it somewhere else.

Does anyone know if tranqing those guys on the hover craft counts as kill? I killed at least 6 in the final motorcycle run and shot a couple of guys on the motorcycle and in the final enemy count it said I only killed 3 enemies

No, tranqing the ones in the bikes or hovercrafts don't count against you.

• 2 weeks later...