Language Packs?

I was wondering if anyone was aware whether these Metal Gear HD remakes will be in both English/Japanese? I ask, because I originally played Snake Eater in Japanese and I'd love to replay it that way for nostalgia's reasons.

Something about the Fury in Japanese is completely awesome! His English voice is just... disappointing to say the least.

Does anyone have an idea? It would be totally awesome if they added that.

I was wondering if anyone was aware whether these Metal Gear HD remakes will be in both English/Japanese? I ask, because I originally played Snake Eater in Japanese and I'd love to replay it that way for nostalgia's reasons.

Something about the Fury in Japanese is completely awesome! His English voice is just... disappointing to say the least.

Does anyone have an idea? It would be totally awesome if they added that.

Yikes, thats a good question. Sadly, even though it would be awesome, I kinda doubt it. Thats one of those things we will just have to wait and see on release day.

Yikes, thats a good question. Sadly, even though it would be awesome, I kinda doubt it. Thats one of those things we will just have to wait and see on release day.

It's difficult, because I live in Japan. It might even be possible to download it on Games on Demand. However, my main account is a US one, but I do have a Japanese account as well. I'm wondering if the purchase is universal (Like most things are today), so if I purchase it with my American account, the Japanese account will get the Japanese port and vice-versa.

It's worth a shot, right? :)

PS: I like that we're both sporting some Scotts.

Scott Pilgrim ftw!

I can say for sure that your specific issue won't work. You'll be able to play the game on any account, but it will be the language from whichever profile you downloaded it from. Like when I started my JPN account I loaded up Castle Crashers and Black Ops and obviously Black Ops was US version, but so was castle crashers, and I bet its the same vice versa unless Japan has something crazy going on, on Live.

Edit: By the way, I'm totally fuckin jealous of you. I would literally give my left nut just to VISIT, let alone live in Japan. Don't get me wrong, I like the US......I guess, but man if I had the option......LAND OF THE RISING SUN HERE I COME!

Edited by MC Kazoo

Scott Pilgrim ftw!

I can say for sure that your specific issue won't work. You'll be able to play the game on any account, but it will be the language from whichever profile you downloaded it from. Like when I started my JPN account I loaded up Castle Crashers and Black Ops and obviously Black Ops was US version, but so was castle crashers, and I bet its the same vice versa unless Japan has something crazy going on, on Live.

Edit: By the way, I'm totally fuckin jealous of you. I would literally give my left nut just to VISIT, let alone live in Japan. Don't get me wrong, I like the US......I guess, but man if I had the option......LAND OF THE RISING SUN HERE I COME!

I figured if that was the case, I could just set my language to Japanese (Which is fine by me). I just want to hear the Fury in Japanese again! 「帰って来た!!大地だ〜〜〜〜!!」 Totally awesome stuff. :woop:

Oh, and Japan is awesome. You should just come. A lot of people don't end up visiting because they just won't take the risk. That's why I say, "JUST DO IT!"... but in a non-Nike kind of way. ;)

Not a matter of finding a language pack, but is there something in Audio/Visual in the Options menu to change the spoken language? Normally North America releases only have English, Spanish, and French, but since this is MGS, there might be a slight possibility that the Japanese might be on there as well (Like with Street Fighter IV).

Thanks for the info. :)

In the game manual it tells you that if you want to play the game in a specific language, you have to change your locale in the Xbox's system settings. The game reads what region your locale is set to plays in whatever language is for that region. So even if you have a US version of the game & in live in France, if you change your locale to Japan it will play in Japanese. If you live in the US & have a Japanese version of the game but your locale is set to Germany, it'll be in German, etc.

In the game manual it tells you that if you want to play the game in a specific language, you have to change your locale in the Xbox's system settings. The game reads what region your locale is set to plays in whatever language is for that region. So even if you have a US version of the game & in live in France, if you change your locale to Japan it will play in Japanese. If you live in the US & have a Japanese version of the game but your locale is set to Germany, it'll be in German, etc.

AWESOME! That's exactly what I needed to know and wanted to hear! You are a saint!

Did it work Disco? I tried using my Japan account and it was still in english. I did not change my region on my US account though.

Maaannnnn, If i had the money, I would have been there ages ago. Or if I could move there, I would in a heartbeat. Last I checked though, you had to be able to contribut to society, like an english anguage teacher, in order to live there long term.

Also sadly, from the sounds of it tattoos are still a no no thanks to Yakuza. I have kanji, Zoku, on my shoulder and Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do ying yang on my forearm. Long sleeve shirts would be a must and no water parks for me!

I dunno though on all f this since the internet/books are my only source of info...

Did it work Disco? I tried using my Japan account and it was still in english. I did not change my region on my US account though.

It's not tied to your accounts, but to your console's region setting. You have to go into your System Settings -> Console Settings -> Language & Locale & then change your locale to Japan if you want to play the game in Japanese (according to the MGS:HD manual at least). You shouldn't have to change your language. You can try to change both the language along with the locale it if you want but remember changing the language will also change all of the text in the menus on your Xbox. Locale just changes what region your games play in.