US/NTSC version is NOT compatible with PAL consoles.

In other news.........DVDs will not play in CD players. Stay tuned for details!

It's not a completely absurd topic. Surprisingly, there are a lot more region-free games on the 360 than most people are aware. I live in Japan and have an American 360, and I have 6 games in my library that are Japanese "region" but work on my American 360.

And this is informative, because I was wondering if I could buy the retail disc in a couple weeks (The store I frequent is doing a great promotion!). Looks like I'll just download is on Games on Demand whenever it's released on there.

I understand that. I was just making the joke because of the tone of his words. He made it sound as if this was a major development (providing proof as if we wouldn't believe him, etc.). Even though there may be exceptions, it is still widely accepted that in most cases these two formats will not work on each of the others' consoles.

It's not a completely absurd topic. Surprisingly, there are a lot more region-free games on the 360 than most people are aware. I live in Japan and have an American 360, and I have 6 games in my library that are Japanese "region" but work on my American 360.

And this is informative, because I was wondering if I could buy the retail disc in a couple weeks (The store I frequent is doing a great promotion!). Looks like I'll just download is on Games on Demand whenever it's released on there.

60 or so NTSC/U Games, (not very many at all) and even then those may work in Japan but not Australia, or they will work in Australia but not England...

http://wiki.xboxic.com/Region-free_Xbox_360_Games

If there is red under the region it doesn't work, green is work, ? Is unknown...

As for getting the game, why not order online? from a US site. No sense in waiting.

I'm SO FUCKING ANGRY about this! Why they do this? They will lose money. Stupid people.

They do this either because they don't know what they're doing and when they produce the game with a different regionalisation it gets a different code.

Or they only want the game sold in a specific market. Perhaps Microsoft charges more for their license if the game is available world wide as opposed to an individual region.

Or the release in one region so they dont' have to submit to the various classification bodies around the world to get their game classified in a different region.

the reason im so upset is because in this case there is absolutely no reason to not release it in Europe or make the game region free.... if you dont have the money (konami yeah sure...) to press that many discs for a european release at least make it region free for fans to import it....i own a ps3 and it sucks i have to import it for that POS thing....if the next xbox still deals with this 90' region crap i will not buy it