Anyone struggling with tax evasion read this...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried all strategies above...40+ hours now...no tax person

I got mine totally randomly, I think he was running through the archway near the market (where one of the master assassin missions take place). Can't remember whether the payment was due or not though.

As for your problem, I would suggest maybe picking three relatively close banks, and running from one to another when your money is about to be delivered to the bank. If the tax guy appears near the banks, this is your way of maybe increasing that bit of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

i did this. i had a deposit in the bank like 10 mins before going to this area. and did what the video did and he popped at the same place. i also did it during the day. also my templar awareness was only like a 5%. and i have all areas controlled. and this is also after the main game. hope all this info helps.

I registered for the sole purpose of thanking you for that video after running around like an idiot I went here and this was about 8 minutes after the deposit was made and did a full circle like in the video..soon as as I went in and out BLAM he was. Ran right up to him and stabbed him good. :drunk

i've already got it

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1919/UPjeelE=.jpg

not a problem. 1st try, honest.

You are by far the worst poster on this forum. Every thread you post in you just say "easy, did it first try" and offer no help or discussion. You apparently just rub it in everyone's face that you've done something already and had no problem doing it. Don't you realize you're not contributing in any way whatsoever?

finally got it with the method above, ow and the guy has a white triangle above his head, not a red one..

You sure about this? Unless there are different characters that pop up, mine had a red symbol above his head. It looked to me like the exact same symbol that was above the head of the Templar/Borgia delivery guys in the previous two AC games. Can't remember what exactly they were called, but I remember in the previous games if you tackled them you got a bunch of money, but if you killed them you immediately became notorious. Well that's the exact same symbol that was above the head of this guy, and he looked identical to previous AC games. I chased him and tackled him, got the usual money from him, and the achievement unlocked. I was surprised, because it was essentially the same guy that would pop up in previous AC games, but never before had he been referred to as a tax collector, that I'm aware of.

Are you saying there is a DIFFERENT character that pops up with a white triangle above his head? And that you have to kill him? Because I tackled one of those red delivery guys with the red circle with a white line above their heads that run from you when you spot them, and it gave me the achievement. And actually, I only noticed one the entire time I played, and thankfully it was right at the beginning of Sequence 1.

I'm in the same situation as CenturionElite... I've tried both the OP's method and the one in the YouTube video, and neither worked for me.

I THINK I actually saw one once, though. Some dude parkouring around that the camera automatically tracked - but it was RIGHT near the beginning, in the first mission after Masyaf when you're being shown around by the local guild-leader, and I couldn't pursue him without desynchronizing for being too far from my target... bah! They've made these guys WAY too rare.

EDIT: I replayed the 2-1 memory to check, and found out that what I'd caught a glance of wasn't a Tax Collector - just a couple of Byzantine Templars running ahead to set up an ambush. So that means that in my 25 hours of playtime, I haven't seen a SINGLE one of these blokes... gah!

EDIT de la EDIT: Finally got it, after following some instructions in the other Tax-threat... the key seems to be having money in the bank, then entering a bank and exiting again without withdrawing the money, and walking away a bit... that will spawn either a Stalker or a Tax Collector, so you may have to go through a few banks before you get a Taxman.

Edited by BlackDragon

i did this. i had a deposit in the bank like 10 mins before going to this area. and did what the video did and he popped at the same place. i also did it during the day. also my templar awareness was only like a 5%. and i have all areas controlled. and this is also after the main game. hope all this info helps.

Didn't work for me. I tried at least 20 times... None of the methods worked so far! I'm afraid I will miss this one... :(

anyone know what the icon looks like on the map? Is it similar to the borja carrier in brotherhood?

EDIT: Never mind saw the video..I saw one of those early on but didn't think it was the achievement....not sure I'll see it again.

Edited by Carmona

Guys if you have appointed a master assassin to each den, them how the hell now a, I supposed to do this? I can't see, to unassigned a assassin to allow it to fall back under Templar control.

I found one after I had master assassins over all the dens and the game completed, I read somewhere about hanging out around hagia Sophia during deposit time and he shows up, I tried in and walked around hagia Sophia and he spawned soon after the deposit.

I found one after I had master assassins over all the dens and the game completed, I read somewhere about hanging out around hagia Sophia during deposit time and he shows up, I tried in and walked around hagia Sophia and he spawned soon after the deposit.

I dont think it matters if the dens are assassin controlled, when i saw the tax guy i had all the dens controlled my master assains...i was near the harbor if that helps. i think you need to be near a bank when a deposit is made.

Ok I finally got this POS achievement tonight. I can confirm the following:

- Got it at outside the bank at the middle of the map (bottom half).

- I have 100% the game with every tower controlled by a Master Assassin, so it does work even with 100% control. No need to start a new game save.

- The Tax Man spawned after I built the cash up to $78,000, ie my cash comes in increments of $26,000 or so, so at $78,000 is when the tax man rocked up.

- I chased him and BEAT THE LIVING FARK OUT OF HIM for the achievement, then I carried his body around for 5 minutes, throwing it everywhere to make a point that this has to be the most ridiculous achievement out there, wasted 3 nights stuffing around trying to get it. Sheesh.

Also, tried to hang around the Hagia Sofia tower, but there are actually two of these, the one in the middle (lower section of map) and one on the middle (right side of the map). I beleive one is refered to as Little Hagia Sofia Tower. tried em both, to no avail. But I got it elsewhere anyways. :)

Thanks also for those that tried to assist with this acheivement, much appreciated.

Ok I finally got this POS achievement tonight. I can confirm the following:

- Got it at outside the bank at the middle of the map (bottom half).

- I have 100% the game with every tower controlled by a Master Assassin, so it does work even with 100% control. No need to start a new game save.

- The Tax Man spawned after I built the cash up to $78,000, ie my cash comes in increments of $26,000 or so, so at $78,000 is when the tax man rocked up.

- I chased him and BEAT THE LIVING FARK OUT OF HIM for the achievement, then I carried his body around for 5 minutes, throwing it everywhere to make a point that this has to be the most ridiculous achievement out there, wasted 3 nights stuffing around trying to get it. Sheesh.

This made me laugh...I'll try this and leave the money in the bank till he shows up. Love how you were carrying his body around to show your frustration. I plan on doing the same...maybe chuck him at a harold too.

I saw 2 where the OP mentioned but couldn't catch them. I did however run into 3 by the Mercenary HQ and was able to catch one. Throwing knives definitely help if you dont mind the increase in notoriety (seems like a small price to pay to get this pain out of the way). Good luck everyone!