Glitched Cage Achievement

Nozza

I'm still on the Jungle levels, but I've just got the last one and just realised, that my "Scout" achievement hasn't unlocked.

I've found a total of 14 cages so far and have 1 left in the last level but nothing has unlocked... Anyone else getting this?!

I'm in the process of writing a guide for these and the teeth but this doesn't help!

This is a regular glitch I've noticed. I have 242 electoons and all the teeth and the achievements for medals only unlock when you get the corresponding speed run achievements even if you met the reqs for medals. This is similar for scout that achievement unlocked around when I got my first cage in the second world. You will get the 15 medals achievement when you get 15 speed runs and meet both reqs and so forth. IT's kinda weird but so far I have no glitched achievs and have all the hidden cages achiev popped. Hope this helps! need any help and I can help :)

So I have all the cages on the first world but have no achievement. When will it unlock? When I get my first cage in the 2nd world?

Or do I have to unlock everything on the gold medal for that level for it to count?

Sorry, just a little confused as I've only really played a little bit of the game and it seems weird and wrong that I have over 10 cages but no achievement! It's only because in the guide I'm making I want to put when the achievement should unlock, but if it's all mucked up, then I'm lost on when it unlocks and where to place it within the guide. Plus I'll need to explain the reason behind it all.

Thanks for the fast response though.

So I have all the cages on the first world but have no achievement. When will it unlock? When I get my first cage in the 2nd world?

Or do I have to unlock everything on the gold medal for that level for it to count?

Sorry, just a little confused as I've only really played a little bit of the game and it seems weird and wrong that I have over 10 cages but no achievement! It's only because in the guide I'm making I want to put when the achievement should unlock, but if it's all mucked up, then I'm lost on when it unlocks and where to place it within the guide. Plus I'll need to explain the reason behind it all.

Thanks for the fast response though.

It should unlock sometime during the second world if you have all the cages in the first world because it does not count the final room cages towards this achievement so there are only 9 hidden cages in the first world. The final cage counts towards the get all hidden cages but not the first two achievements they only consider the ones in the secret rooms to be "hidden".

The gold medal achievement is the only one that's finnicky so far that i've noticed. The 15 gold medals unlocks when you get 15 speed medals as well as hving 15 gold medals so it's like you get two for one but not when you individually unlock those two. Does that help?

No problem though :)

It should unlock sometime during the second world if you have all the cages in the first world because it does not count the final room cages towards this achievement so there are only 9 hidden cages in the first world. The final cage counts towards the get all hidden cages but not the first two achievements they only consider the ones in the secret rooms to be "hidden".

The gold medal achievement is the only one that's finnicky so far that i've noticed. The 15 gold medals unlocks when you get 15 speed medals as well as hving 15 gold medals so it's like you get two for one but not when you individually unlock those two. Does that help?

No problem though :)

Oh ok, it makes sense now.

What about levels that only have 1 cage in them? So like the first level or the moskito one.. do they all count as final as they're not hidden? If so I'll have to edit my guide now lol

Oh ok, it makes sense now.

What about levels that only have 1 cage in them? So like the first level or the moskito one.. do they all count as final as they're not hidden? If so I'll have to edit my guide now lol

Levels that have 1 cage in them are either bosses or mosquito levels and in either case they do not count towards hidden, just the find ALL cages achievement. Any regular level will have 2 hidden cages and 1 final room cage. :)

Sweet. I'll keep my guide as it is then.

Seeing as it's for all collectables, it relates to those single level ones. But I'll put a side note, that only the hidden ones count towards the first 2 achievements!

Thanks a lot for your help!

PS: How many Cages are there in total, do you know?

Edited by Nozza

Sweet. I'll keep my guide as it is then.

Seeing as it's for all collectables, it relates to those single level ones. But I'll put a side note, that only the hidden ones count towards the first 2 achievements!

Thanks a lot for your help!

PS: How many Cages are there in total, do you know?

Sounds good and no problem I know what it's like to need help! :)

I do know but not off hand I'll post it next time I put the game in which should be right away haha

Really? How many people could've 100% the game by now? It seems like a game that'd be a real pain on some levels, I'm surprised that a few people have done it all in only a week or so. Maybe I'm overestimating the difficulty of this game? I've heard both extremes, opinion-wise, though..

Is there no real point to getting the gold ribbons? I'm still going to try to get them in every level.. I'm off to a good start so far.

It says that there's a guy with all 36 achievements, but you could basically check them all off even if you don't have them, couldn't you? There's no 1000 club thread for this game yet, either. So I wonder how many legitimately have the full 1000 so far.. It's been a little over a week or so, I guess it's enough time..

Edited by Hieroglitch

I got my 1000 2 days ago and didn't notice any glitches, I thought the description of hidden cages is pretty clear but glad you found the solution. ;)

@Hieroglitch

I think the difficulty is a little above average, some speed trophies/treasure chases are challenging but no level did take longer than 15 minutes to get the speed trophy or treasure.

Why should there be no point in getting the gold medals, it's part of completing the game, although there is no achievement for this, but I completed games for 15 years without achievements so I am going for them (and I still have a reason to play this awesome game). ;)

Really? How many people could've 100% the game by now? It seems like a game that'd be a real pain on some levels, I'm surprised that a few people have done it all in only a week or so. Maybe I'm overestimating the difficulty of this game? I've heard both extremes, opinion-wise, though..

Is there no real point to getting the gold ribbons? I'm still going to try to get them in every level.. I'm off to a good start so far.

It says that there's a guy with all 36 achievements, but you could basically check them all off even if you don't have them, couldn't you? There's no 1000 club thread for this game yet, either. So I wonder how many legitimately have the full 1000 so far.. It's been a little over a week or so, I guess it's enough time..

If you check my gamertag I legitimately have the 1000 as of today. Playing it a few hours a day and being decently good at platformers, it's very do-able but is very frustrating at times. It's just about memorization for the most part. You will need to get all the medals if you want to 1000 the game not just the speed ones. If you need help with a level let me know

I got my 1000 2 days ago and didn't notice any glitches, I thought the description of hidden cages is pretty clear but glad you found the solution. ;)

@Hieroglitch

I think the difficulty is a little above average, some speed trophies/treasure chases are challenging but no level did take longer than 15 minutes to get the speed trophy or treasure.

Why should there be no point in getting the gold medals, it's part of completing the game, although there is no achievement for this, but I completed games for 15 years without achievements so I am going for them (and I still have a reason to play this awesome game). ;)

That would totally explain why I thought the ribbons were the medals but oh well I got all the ribbons/medals/electoons and everything and my nice cozy 1000 just like you and it feels good :)

Well, I've basically gotten everything in the first world after an hour or two of playing time accumulated over a few days (I barely get any time lately to play..)

I don't just care about the achievements, and I said I was going for the gold ribbons/medals regardless of their relation to 'em.. But I guess you DO need them to complete medallions? I didn't know. I always seem to need 10 lums or less on every damn level, those gold ribbons drive me insane. :p

Well, I've basically gotten everything in the first world after an hour or two of playing time accumulated over a few days (I barely get any time lately to play..)

I don't just care about the achievements, and I said I was going for the gold ribbons/medals regardless of their relation to 'em.. But I guess you DO need them to complete medallions? I didn't know. I always seem to need 10 lums or less on every damn level, those gold ribbons drive me insane. :p

Yeah the ribbons were the hardest part for me as well. One thing I started doing which helped is before you go through any door make sure you are somewhere close to a multiple of 25 (ex: 75,150,225) or something close to those numbers as it's a good indicator if you are going to pass or not :)

I don't just care about the achievements, and I said I was going for the gold ribbons/medals regardless of their relation to 'em.. But I guess you DO need them to complete medallions? I didn't know.

No you dont need the gold medals to complete the medallions, you also dont need the speed trophy to complete the medallion - there is a much slower time for the speed electoon, but you need them ofc for the achievement.

That's not a glitch though, since your time trial award actually goes in the middle of the medal. Since it's part of it, the time trial achievement is sort of linked to the medal one.

Yeah the ribbons were the hardest part for me as well. One thing I started doing which helped is before you go through any door make sure you are somewhere close to a multiple of 25 (ex: 75,150,225) or something close to those numbers as it's a good indicator if you are going to pass or not :)

Well, I'll keep that in mind. I've got everything in Jibberish and the Dijiridoo Desert, and I've done the time trials in their sub-worlds so I've just gotta get all of the electoons/gold medals..

And Giddi, I'll keep that in mind. I'm still going to TRY to get everything.. Not doing too bad so far, can't complain.. 30/36 achievements.

I just finished a level like 15 minutes ago, "Hunter Gatherer", and it's a 350 lum level but I was shooting/getting EVERYTHING but came short by 100.. ?! What gives.. lol

Well, I'll keep that in mind. I've got everything in Jibberish and the Dijiridoo Desert, and I've done the time trials in their sub-worlds so I've just gotta get all of the electoons/gold medals..

And Giddi, I'll keep that in mind. I'm still going to TRY to get everything.. Not doing too bad so far, can't complain.. 30/36 achievements.

I just finished a level like 15 minutes ago, "Hunter Gatherer", and it's a 350 lum level but I was shooting/getting EVERYTHING but came short by 100.. ?! What gives.. lol

Hmm... Can't remember that one level off the top of my head but is it one of the levels with bombs you can suck in? if so make sure you blow up as many of them as possible and use the rebouding bullets to hit hard to reach targets as well as making sure you get every Red lum you possibly can when activating the big yellow one. I know some of those mosquito levels I got like 352 on so there are some that require a few tries most likely but you'll get it :)

Perfect, thank you! Should of asked this to, but what's the total amount of Teeth?

Glad someone answered this question for ya man but I was just thinking... the first thing you see when you pick a profile is how many Red crystals (teeth) out of 10 you have haha. Just pointing it out but glad you got your answer :) Look forward to your guide :)

Hmm... Can't remember that one level off the top of my head but is it one of the levels with bombs you can suck in? if so make sure you blow up as many of them as possible and use the rebouding bullets to hit hard to reach targets as well as making sure you get every Red lum you possibly can when activating the big yellow one. I know some of those mosquito levels I got like 352 on so there are some that require a few tries most likely but you'll get it :)

I'll have to give it a replay.. I've got about 200 electoons now, less than 50 to go! 1 more skull tooth, too. But I've still got to do about 11 time trials, counting across like 6 of the worlds, there's like 1 to 3 left in each one.. I'm close!