Your Experience on getting achievement buildings

GAZZ16

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY, THE SPHINX HAS DROPPED 4 ME!!!

I'm so happy right now, to have completed a game, which I've played since the release in august last year. It was the longest time, it took me to complete a game (thx luck based chievos ;) )

Special Thx to everybody in this thread 4 sharing your experience of getting the achievement buildings with not just me, but all of us!!

Of course I'll keep on playing AoEO and will post any usable information in this thread as I find an achievment building. :)

And before I forget the most important thing of this post, I got the sphinx by farming the cyprus quest "Defeat Amathus", not "Recapturing: Amathus" since I haven't completed all cyprus missions yet. But the farming method is exactly the same :)

I'm updating the first post as usual :)

Edited by GAZZ16

Congrats dude, bet your real happy! Celts should prop come out next month give you something to go back to, though hopefully without the grind

Just to confirm got my spartan academy today from level 20 moes chest, only the tomb to go now :)

And before I forget the most important thing of this post, I got the sphinx by farming the cyprus quest "Defeat Amathus", not "Recapturing: Amathus" since I haven't completed all cyprus missions yet. But the farming method is exactly the same :)

Just realised thats how I got it not Recapturing, sorry for any confusion caused

Edited by mhkerr

• 3 weeks later...

So after about 300k+ total spent at Moes... I finally got a Spartan Academy from a lvl 25 chest. Now I just need the Sphinx... Recapuring Amathus has been kind enough to give me a few items that have sold for over 100k to help fuel my Moes spending...

I'm so ready to stop looking for this last blueprint, though...

• 2 weeks later...

So after getting tired of grinding out Recapturing Amathus, I decided to switch it up. I started exclusively doing the Skirmish Hall daily quests across all three of my civs... giving me something like 63 level 40 chests a day. After about two weeks of doing this, not only did I get some decent gear and advisors, but I finally got the Sphinx. I now have officially completed this game!

Edited by JerithGeros

Congratz have been using the skirmish method myself. Got loads of stuff that sold for a lot of gold plus another Sphinx, Library and Spartan academy.

After dumping just over 500k into moes, 200kish in level 20, no tomb Over 300k on level 40, 3 more libraries, 3 more academies and a sphinx.

Total so far 3 Sphinx, 5 Spartan academies, 5 Libraries, 5 small step pyramids. No tomb :( hopefully upcoming patch ill make them tradeable again

Edited by mhkerr

Just to let point out pretty much none of these methods of farming chests/gold work anymore after the spring update.

Chest guardians have a ridiculous amount of hp now and skirmish is a bitch to win.

Really have to get very lucky now :(

You can still do Lot's of Rogues by building some Towers at the camp.

You can still do Lot's of Rogues by building some Towers at the camp.

While doable its not as quick and I find its better to just spend an hour doing some of the easy daily repeatable quest for the gold, build up a decent amount then hit moes.

On the plus side less farming will prob mean less good items in trade and you might get more money for things

While doable its not as quick and I find its better to just spend an hour doing some of the easy daily repeatable quest for the gold, build up a decent amount then hit moes.

On the plus side less farming will prob mean less good items in trade and you might get more money for things

Skirmish farming still works.

Map: Oasis.

Map Size: Huge.

Map Resources: High

Player Resources: Standard

Maxium Age: IV and Victory: Wonder

Have 1 ally (Unstoppable Persian Agamemnon) And 4 enemies (Unstoppable Celtic Village Elders)

Takes around 14mins to win. Ive won 12 out of 13 attempts and got the spartan acadamy from one of the chests i received :woop:

Skirmish farming still works.

Map: Oasis.

Map Size: Huge.

Map Resources: High

Player Resources: Standard

Maxium Age: IV and Victory: Wonder

Have 1 ally (Unstoppable Persian Agamemnon) And 4 enemies (Unstoppable Celtic Village Elders)

Takes around 14mins to win. Ive won 12 out of 13 attempts and got the spartan acadamy from one of the chests i received :woop:

Just did this three times, and....

I love you! xD