Download Games From Steam With Achievements

matthewh00

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Dawn of War II has been patched to remove GFWL.

Do you, or does anyone here have DoWII (preferably with Chaos Rising) installed and unpatched? (ie not the Steamworks version)

If so, could you shoot me a PM? I'm trying to get a copy of the unpatched files. I thought I had it installed on my desktop, but I don't.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I realise this thread is old but have only just come across it, not sure how i missed there being so many games on steam that had cheeves, i knew about fallout but playing that again while fun was daunting and the glitch to get 1000g i just didnt feel right doing so never did.

Do any of these still exist and can be bought today and played for achievements. I still have GTA 4 to get through on PC anyway but there is some i thought were console only not to mention have they removed all GFWL from steamworks or just bits so far?

There are still a good few games on Steam that still use GFWL. The list should be up to date, (will check next time I am on a computer) but I do recommend checking the requirements and stuff before buying a game.

However alot have already been taken off the list because they have changed to the Steam version, or just removed from steam altogether.

• 4 weeks later...
i bought Red Faction: Guerrilla last week, i installed it and wanted to Play, but i haven't got a productkey from Steam to activate it in GFWL i guess Steam ran out of Keys, same happend to me with Fallout 3 and Fallout 3 GOTY :/

Nope. It switched to Steamworks a month or two ago.

It's still GFWL enabled though. You just have to manually change it back. IDK if this will help the poster's problem about the key though. it's possible the key is provided when GFWL is enabled. However...maybe not.

I wrote with the Support from Steam, they only told me that i shall check it again, but still no key, now im waiting for an answer again i'll let you all know, kinda frustrating if steam takes 2-3 days for a answer.

• 2 weeks later...
-snip-

It took you 4 days to make a screenshot and add some text with paint? Good job! Thanks anyway.

Nice, a dickish response; what a surprise! So much effort put into attempting to embarrass him when you could have just said, "Yes, they will." Simple.

Don't worry, I won't get embarrassed by a guy (?) who has ponies and little girls in his signature, hopefully he's still just a kid.

Nice, a dickish response; what a surprise! So much effort put into attempting to embarrass him when you could have just said, "Yes, they will." Simple.
I wasn't trying to be dickish, I gave him the tools he needed to find these things out himself in the future. Was meant to be silly.

It took you 4 days to make a screenshot and add some text with paint? Good job! Thanks anyway.
I don't go to this forum that regularly amigo. After I read your reply, it took me five seconds to Google "resident evil steam" to get to the Steam page, then another five to print screen, paste into MS paint and do the text, then another five to upload it. That's 15 whole seconds I used to help you that you couldn't be bothered to find out yourself.

A thank you would be nice.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...