Bugged Achievement?

carnal equinox

Anyone else having trouble with "Gold Standard" achievement? I have all the gold medals (30/30/30) and it hasn't unlocked for me. It's the only achievement I'm missing.

*Note: Discovered that on the trophy wall where it lists out the games and the medals you have, each area at the top of the list shows that you've unlocked a cub from that area (2 are bronze, 2 are silver, and 2 are gold). Unfortunately, it doesn't have the Sabretooth Cub shows on mine as being achieved. Anyone else see what I'm seeing? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Mine also did not unlock, and like the OP I show "achieved with a trophy next to the other 5 areas, but not the last area... has anyone tried clearing their cache, or got it to unlock?

I've replayed all 5 events in the last area with no luck on unlocking it.

Mine also did not unlock, and like the OP I show "achieved with a trophy next to the other 5 areas, but not the last area... has anyone tried clearing their cache, or got it to unlock?

I've replayed all 5 events in the last area with no luck on unlocking it.

I have a thread on Xbox forums, but have not got a single reply. I have no idea if I even want to attempt replaying everything. Might try emailing the developer and see if that gets a response.

The exact same thing happened to me, except on the trophy cabinet above the list it shows achieved 2 bronze, 2 silver, 1 gold and nothing next to the last area. Inside the cabinet itself, it shows 5 gold medals and a gold trophy for each area.

I have a feeling this is only affecting people who have the "Kinectimals Now With Bears" disc, and not those with the original disc who bought DLC. It may be due to the differences in the end of each game where in the original Kinectimals should end the game and let you go between each area as you please, while at the end of the Kinectimals Now With Bears, it forces you to start the Bear adventure. Maybe with this change, a glitch was left in where it didn't automatically check at that point if you had all the medals in that area. If anyone can confirm or refute this, let me know.

I don't want to try getting all 30 golds again only to find out that I still can't unlock the achievement. I have an idea for a possible workaround but I don't feel like trying it right now to see if it works; it's to play through the game as you would, getting all the gold medals, but in the final area, intentionally do bad in one of the contests so you don't get even a bronze medal. Beat the final contest, start the bear adventure, go back to Lemuria and redo the challenge you did bad in to get your 30th gold medal. Under these conditions, it might do the check for all medals and give you the last area's "achieved (gold medal picture)", and more importantly the Gold Standard achievement.

Edited by MarkusPP

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...