Annoying DLC Advertising

ScoobyWRX555

Anyone else finding this really irritating?

Each time you go to the main menu you see the dlc banner and the guy telling you to buy the dlc. I'll buy the dlc when im damn ready to! we need to complain to get this advertising stopped. has anyone bought the golf pack? does he shut the fcuk up if you do?

I thought Ksports was bad enough by having a flashing banner wanting you to buy the dlc, which i did in the end but the banner never went away. If you buy then they should disappear.

Rare whats wrong with a 'downloadable content' menu tab like all other games, remove them now!

i agree with the advertising.

Might aswell use this post for a little rant....rather than creating a new topic.

The game is poor on so many levels. The advertising as you said is soooo annoying its like a poor product shouting "buy me buy me!" comes across very desperate.

I'v never owned a kinect game but was bought kinect for xmas and played the game and got the dreaded one achievement so it was my own fault but now im stuck playing it trying for 100% achievements.

The sensor/sensitivity is shocking in some instances, throwing darts when i didnt throw it, changing from practise shot when i didnt raise my hand, having to run harder than usain bolt to get anywere in football. And iv changed position of the kinect and re-calibrated it so many times its not that.

The achievements are pathetic! a family game designed for fun. Has the look and feel of a Wii game for example. But then the achievements reflect a much tougher mature game. It took me since xmas day just to get the darts achievements. The football ones are ridiculous, tackled 99% of the time and like someone else said "the stars must align for this achievement" there right! its all about luck on this game not skill.

They continue the stupidity of the achievements with the dlc's, getting an albatross on such a tough course.

Even though it sounds like a whinge i feel im justified in my comments. I'm an avid RPG gamer normally, such as fallout,skyrim,mass effect etc.. and some of their achievements can be classed as "tough" like completing the game on insane difficulty but its doable! where as this kinect sports is pure luck most of the time

Hate the game and as its my first kinect game im hoping other kinect games arnt this annoying. 4/10 for me

I'm with you Scooby.

I downloaded the free Maple Lakes trial just to see if it would stop the vocal advertising. It does seem like the announcer is talking less now. "Ooh look at the banner" used to be on repeat and now I think he only says it once.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I realize this is an old thread but I had to mention this:

Fable 3, every time you pause the game, or go to the pause menu for anything (checking map, changing loot, etc...) not only do you get sales-pitched, but its by John Cleese. This got annoying too fast; Fable's a game where u r supposed to pay attention to what people say which makes this unwanted pitch all the more annoying as your ears are already 'tuned-in'.

Kin Sports2 I don't notice this as much as its not a game I'm really 'listening to' anyway; but it is annoying a liuttle as I've bought all the dlc and STILL have to hear the pitch :(.

thats true about fable 3. towards the end i started talking back "yeah yeah cleese blah blah cleese kiss my ass cleese" but it wasnt in an offensive way as i thought the speech dialog was very good throughout. But you are spot on with your words 'ears tuned-in' - thats how crafty subconscious marketing works.

but regarding KS2, if you have all the dlc the banner shouldnt be there or have to hear mr voiceover man tell me what ive got. and that includes KS1+DLC