Road Map to 1,000G

Road Map to 1,000G

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10 (depending on fitness level, flexibility, and strength). This game WILL test your fitness --- more than Your Shape: Fitness Evolved, more than UFC Personal Trainer, more than EA SPORTS Active 2!!! You've been warned!!! If you're not fit, it's a 10/10!)

-Offline: 30 (1000http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg)

-Online: 0

-Approximate amount of time to 1000http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg: 8-12 hours (again, the fitter you are, the faster you will finish). If you are unfit, you will not be able to complete the exercises and you will not be able to progress in the circuits --- and you'll have no chance to 1K it).

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (every exercise, circuit, and routine is playable at any time).

-Number of missable achievements: 0 (0http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg) (as long as you're fit enough to compete the exercises).

-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No Cheats (sure, you can fool the Kinect at times, but aren't you just cheating yourself?)

-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No (your fitness will determine the "difficulty" here... hehe! There are 3 difficulty settings (beginner, intermediate, and advanced) for each exercise, but they don't affect the achievements!)

-Glitchy achievements: None known (but the Kinect recognizing your movements is very frustrating, at times, and it will take you moving the Kinect around quite a bit for the best recongition).

-Unobtainable achievements: None (again, as long as you can do the movements).

-Extra equipment needed? Kinect (and a good 10'x10' area). Dumbells are optional (anything in your hand will suffice).

INTRODUCTION:

This game hardly needs a Road Map, but I'll post it so people can get a good understanding of what it'll take to complete this fitness game. There are 30 achievements for 1,000G. Jillian Michaels is your guide through a fitness adventure where you will be exercising your way through an Aztec jungle/temple. Think Tomb Raider meets Kinect Adventures meets The Biggest Loser!

STEP #1: THE "NO" EFFORT ACHIEVEMENTS

You'll need to complete a workout once every day consecutively for the 3, 5, and 7 day achievements (Third Time's a Charm (15G), High Five (30G), and Weekly Challenge (50G)). Obviously, this can be done at any time, but might as well start with the easy ones, right?

Next, simply access the Fitness Calendar for As Days Go By (5G) and First Date (5G), and then access the Leaderborads for Checking the Ranks (5G).

STEP #2: SINGLE EXERCISE MODE

I highly recommend going into Single Exercise Mode and completing EACH exercise --- there are 68 total exercises: 53 without dumbells and 15 with dumbells. Not only will this give you an idea of what you'll be doing for the HARDER achievements, but you'll find out whether or not you can even play this game through to the final 1K! If you're fit, these will present no problems for you. If you're not fit, however, this is where you'll need to stay until you can complete all the exercises on ADVANCED (yes, I said ADVANCED)!

Simply completing each exercise in Single Exercise Mode will net you the following:

- Combat Veteran (20G)

- Cardio Champion (20G)

- Core Crusher (20G)

- Totally Armed (20G)

- Plyo Prize (20G)

- Carry Your Weight (15G) (simply hold an object in each hand and complete the dumbell exercises)

- Try, Try Again (60G) (This is for completing all the exercises in Single Exercise Mode)

STEP #3: CIRCUIT MODE

Next, I'd recommend going into Circuit Mode. There are 10 circuits to complete, and each circuit has 12 exercises each. Here, you'll be completing groupings of exercises together. This is where it gets a bit tougher as you'll be doing more exercises back to back to back.

First, go into the Fitness Training Section, select Circuits, select any circuit and complete a Warm-Up routine (any will suffice). This will pop the Stretch It Out (10G) achievement. All the warm-ups are quick and fairly easy. No problem with this one, right? Good.

Next, create a custom circuit for Personal Trainer (5G). You can put together as little as 2 exercises back to back for this one --- choose exercises that you can complete easily to make it easier. Complete it for All Aboard! (10G). Next, you'll need to create 10 different custom circuits and complete all of them for Keep the Train Rollin' (50G). Next, like I said, there are 10 different Jillian created circuits that you'll need to complete for:

- Follow the Leader (15G) (complete 1 Jillian Circuit)

- Jillian's Apprentice (125G) (complete all Jillian Circuits)

STEP #4: ADVENTURE MODE

Now, the TOUGH ones!!! You'll need to go into Adventure Mode and complete all the circuits --- yep, all of them --- all 58!!! Now that you've gone through Single Exercise Mode and Circuit Mode, you've got a really good understanding of the exercises and what it takes to complete them. THESE ARE HIGH INTENSITY CIRCUITS THAT WILL TEST YOU!!! Completing Adventure Mode will net you these achievements:

- Journey Begins Here (10G) (Complete 1 Circuit in Adventure Mode)

- No Turning Back (30G) (Complete 15 Circuits in Adventure Mode)

- Almost There! (70G) (Complete 35 Circuits in Adventure Mode)

- Mission Complete (175G) (Complete all Circuits in Adventure Mode)

STEP #5:

This is basically the clean-up for the remaining "Complete BLANK Exercise BLANK amount of times" achievements. I saved this for last because you'll most likely have all of these pop during the course of the other modes. If you're impatient or want the gamerscore faster, you can do them anytime. If you are missing any by the end of all 3 modes, simply go into Single Exercise Mode, pick the specific exercise you need, and start it. Repeat the exercise over and over until the achievement pops. And, these achievements are:

- Ups and Downs (15G) (50 push ups)

- Upper Body Strength (25G) (100 push ups)

- Jump for the Stars (25G) (100 power jumps)

- Energized! (25G) (100 jumping jacks)

- Strenth and Balance (30G) (150 forward lunges)

- Abdominator (75G) (500 crunches)

CONCLUSION:

THAT'S IT!!! Congrats on EARNING 1,000http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg on a very tough fitness game!!! Be proud! Hopefully, you're a bit stronger, leaner, and healthier for it!

Good luck, folks! If I can be of any assistance, send me message on XBL, post on my 360voice blog, or post here.

• 3 weeks later...

Great guide.

I found this game really frustrating, not from a fitness piont of view but from a 'software can't seem to track the simplest movements under certain circumstances' point of view.

The travelling push-ups were just a joke. I don't think I actually got the game to track me doing 1 legitimately. I ended up sitting on a chair, leaning over and flailing my arms around to try and get it to register as a very poor part of a push-up. It may sound like cheating but I can assure you it was more effort doing that than doing the exercises properly.

Edited by paraffin

• 3 weeks later...
i cant believe I have to ask this but the pelvic thrusts and leg raises are the only exercises i have left and this dumb ass game wont track them at all. Any tips?
I don't remember having any problems with pelvic thrusts or leg raises, but I do remember having to constantly adjust the position of the Kinect for the best recognition duing lots of the exercises.

It seems I had the most trouble with floor exercises (sit ups, push-ups, etc.), but standing exercises worked just fine for me.

Sometimes it took me quite a bit of Kinect adjusting and odd movements to get some exercises to register correctly. I would just keep trying to experiment like that unitl you find the right position, camera angle, and distance to make it work for you. Sorry, that's the best suggestion I can offer.

thanks for the feedback mac, I figured it out eventually. I play the game wearing shorts so I noticed the game didn't track my exercises when doing emphasized leg workouts. I am not that flexible so I figured it was penalizing me for my leg not being straight. So i threw on a pair of sweatpants and voila, it tracked me perfectly. I guess wearing sweatpants the game will assume your leg is straight and cannot see a slight bent or anything.

thanks for the feedback mac, I figured it out eventually. I play the game wearing shorts so I noticed the game didn't track my exercises when doing emphasized leg workouts. I am not that flexible so I figured it was penalizing me for my leg not being straight. So i threw on a pair of sweatpants and voila, it tracked me perfectly. I guess wearing sweatpants the game will assume your leg is straight and cannot see a slight bent or anything.
AWESOME!!! I never even thought about that --- that wearing shorts/pants could make a difference in the Kinect tracking. Hopefully it helps others having the same issue.

• 2 weeks later...
Did that work for you? I think i managed to get one when I was getting up to turn the damn thing off out of frustration!

Does anyone have any tips for travelling push ups?

I remember traveling push-ups were the worst thing to get credit for --- I think I literally did 4 push-ups to get credit for 1!

It was a real pain --- a great workout --- but a pain, nonetheless!

I seemed to have the best success when I started in plank facing slightly right towards the Kinect (about 45 degrees), did my push-up, then plank-walked to 135 degrees on the right away from the Kinect, did the push-up, and then returned to 45 degrees... and so on and so on.

Like I said, it was real hit-and-miss, and I never did find a fool-proof method for getting these to count every single time.

I really feel like playing this game again --- another play-through on Adventure Mode!!! I must be crazy, but workouts were awesome!!! Maybe I'll shoot for some better times on the leaderboards!!!

I remember traveling push-ups were the worst thing to get credit for --- I think I literally did 4 push-ups to get credit for 1!

It was a real pain --- a great workout --- but a pain, nonetheless!

I seemed to have the best success when I started in plank facing slightly right towards the Kinect (about 45 degrees), did my push-up, then plank-walked to 135 degrees on the right away from the Kinect, did the push-up, and then returned to 45 degrees... and so on and so on.

Like I said, it was real hit-and-miss, and I never did find a fool-proof method for getting these to count every single time.

I really feel like playing this game again --- another play-through on Adventure Mode!!! I must be crazy, but workouts were awesome!!! Maybe I'll shoot for some better times on the leaderboards!!!

You can actually cheat the travelling push ups by doing the "easy" way with your knees on the ground and your ankles crossed up. Do what Mac says here with the 45 degree angle then to parallel to the TV. I did one set just jumping back and forth! lol This wont track you well, but they give you a rep in fitness adventure.

BTW, I got you beat on a few! lol

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the push ups have to be perfect form? i ask because i've done around 150 in adventure mode but still don't even have the achievement for doing 50.

edit: it never popped for me in adventure so i ended up getting it in a custom circuit.

btw i don't think this game is as hard as the roadmap suggests. the hardest part for me was dealing with the awful tracking. if you can do wipeout in the zone (which in my opinion is way more physically demanding) you could do this.

Edited by thehellbeast

• 1 month later...

For people not getting the do X amounts of this and that achieements during adventure mode, it's because in adventure mode you get counts for "red" moves = failed moves as a favour from the game but they don't add to your total completed so you most likely haven't done as many as you think.

I started a new profile and did 45 "green" push-ups then I went into adventure mode and did 10 "red" and it didn't unlock, then I did 5 yellow in adventure mode and it unlocked. So green or yellow for them to count to your maximum, maybe orange works as well I don't know I can't do any more push-ups today so I can't check.

*edit Finishing up the last couple of crunches in Curcuits it's clear that "orange" moves count as well. So just "red" that doesn't.

As for tracking moves 9 out of 10 times I had any problems going further away from the TV always fixed that problem, I kept going closer and closer for some reason. The times it didn't help was for traveling push-ups those I just did normaly and then tricked the kinect to keep going.

Edited by Kinkimono

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Congratulations!

This Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Yunder and has been published as the Official x360a.org Roadmap! The link to the Official Roadmap is here:

Official x360a.org Jillian Michaels' Fitness Adventure Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 2 years later...

This guide/roadmap has been copied over to the Greenbook. This means that it is unfinished/unready to be published, and anybody is welcome to sign up to finish it off!

Each guide will have a brief paragraph describing what is needed to get it done and published.

If you can, please help us get this guide published to the site, and get your name eternally imprinted on the site!

If you are the OP, this doesn't mean you can't finish it off on your own, do that and we will remove it from the Greenbook :)

More information on Greenbook practices can be found in the Greenbook FAQ, here.