What are your lucky moments when playing / buying games?

SilvereX

My local Best Buy recently messed up when I called to buy the Assassins Creed Brotherhood CE so while I was there I see they have the Prototype 2 steelbook preorder cases sitting on the shelf so I asked if I could have one and they say yeah.

They ended up having to order in the ACB from another store so when I went back on the day it was supposed to be there and it wasn't one of the people who originally dealt with me goes 'Did you still want one of those steelbooks?'...'hmm yes please'

Same thing happened again with the other associate when I eventually got to pick up my game and just to be cheeky I called at a different best buy to get Witcher 2 and asked for another.

Ended up selling 3 of them on ebay for $30 each so because BB f'ed up I pretty much got a P2 steelbook for my collection, the ACB:CE for free and $60 in my back pocket.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the warriors video game came out i went to get it the following week at gamestop along with a few other games, when I went to the register with the games the lady began ringing them up as this was happening her co-worker decided to speak to her while she was about to ring up the warriors game however she never was able to because she got interrupted and ended up taking the sticker off and putting it in the gamestop bag along with the other games I purchased, when I went to pay for all the games my total came out to $13.60 saving me $60.00... that was the best

Went into my local game store to buy prototype 1, got to the counter to find i was the 250th customer this month and got £50 to spend in store! I got wet, DMC HD Collection and Dante's inferno for free!

• 3 weeks later...

Working for Best Buy has its perks, I kept a copy of Gran Turismo 5 LE day of release in the warehouse when we only received 4 total so i'd have a copy guaranteed for myself... $16 off $100 is a nice discount for a brand new game especially limited edition, considering now people try to charge ridiculous prices for it...

Huh?

Recently I'm getting lucky finding games in pawn shops. Fable 3 for $10 and L.A Noire for $15. Very happy especially considering games retail for $100+ here.

He's saying he's lucky enough if he finds a game that's fun that isn't Call of Duty.

Anyways, I'd have to say Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition. I picked it up for only $15.00 and it was definitely one of the greatest and most fun games I've ever played.

Went to Tesco at midnight day of Black ops release but not for this reason, walked past everyone queuing up in the rain, huge queue by the way, bought some food and alcohol, walked past 'em all looking miserable and had a laugh with my mate. Went to work at 11am, still release day, picked the game up at dinnertime, no queues, sunny weather and got a load of free extras.

Not really lucky, just shows what a bit of patience can do :)

One of two things really;

Either Preordering Mass Effect 3 from Game UK, then after they weren't able to uphold preorders, gave refunds + £5 extra store credit. Cashed out the £5 and £2.50 on their reward card to get 1200MSP for £2.50 :D

Alternatively, finally deciding to play Halo 2 & 3, bought Halo 2 for £5, completed it in a day, took it back the next day and claimed it didn't work on my Xbox Slim. Store manager said to pick out anything of the same price, so picked up Halo 3 :p