Installed but disc still spinning

oooz1991

Hey guys,

I bought AC: AH yesterday, loving it so far but even though I've installed the game to my HDD it's still running loud, same noise as made with a game that isn't installed. At first I thought it would just do so for the first few minutes like with Gears of War 3 but it doesn't go quiet.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it again but the disc is still spinning. Anybody have any ideas at all?

Thanks in advance :)

Actually, it's probably that the game uses MS' new XGD3 disc format, which has extra security written to the disc which has to be read everytime the game is played to help prevent piracy, and make sure it's not a burned disc. Strange that it doesn't stop though, it should only do it for a little while after start up, or at least that's my understanding of how it works.

Actually, it's probably that the game uses MS' new XGD3 disc format, which has extra security written to the disc which has to be read everytime the game is played to help prevent piracy, and make sure it's not a burned disc. Strange that it doesn't stop though, it should only do it for a little while after start up, or at least that's my understanding of how it works.

That's what I expected to happen. It does that with Forza 4, Battlefield 3 and Gears 3. But not with this. Infact when it's loading up, just as it reaches the main menu after introduction videos, the disc stops spinning for a few seconds and then fires back up. If it's meant to do that, then I'm not complaining. The game is fantastic, wish I'd bought it on release now. Just wondering if it should be happening! Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...