The end of the game (spoilers)

jenkins

I've just gotten through to the end of the game, gone through to do whatever it is I'm meant to be doing in the water purifier and been faced with a console with a key pad on it. I had no idea what to do so I was just messing around and entered 9999 followed by enter. This resulted in me blowing myself up.

The game ended, I got the "Take it Back!" achievement and the credits rolled after a brief ending sequence basically telling me that I was an arsehole.

I've been told by someone that the code is actually 216, something to do with a verse quoted right at the start of the game by the characters dad or something? I was just wondering... how on Earth was I meant to know this? lol. I've been playing this game on and off casually for the past year or so. Usually everything I need (passwords etc.) are stored in the notes section so I haven't bothered writing anything down, and I certainly didn't remember that far back. So did I overlook something or is it just genuinely a tricky game?

Also I have the Broken Steel DLC which I've been told is meant to kick in automatically at the end of the game but it didn't for me. Is this just because I blew everything up?

I want to say that the code was in one of your dad's holotape journals somewhere in Project Purity.

And Broken Steel will only come up after you enter that 216 code and beat the game that way. I died the same way you did once on purpose just to see what would happen, and it just ended the game for me right then. I think the storyline requires Purity to be running either with or without the virus to continue.

Yes, the gam end for you and no DLC plot because by blowing up everything you kill yourself in the process, which makes sense.

216 is refered constantly, in the beginning, when your father dies, in his records...it´s a verse from the bible that your father and mother use as a code and inspiration for their work, the purity project. If you send other person to do the job the number appear automatic as one of your answers, but you need the DLC for this to trigger.

Oh, and by the way, my neutral character send the robot companion to do the job. Technical that means you didn´t save the world and thus do not receive any kind of karma bonus or penalty.

I want to say that the code was in one of your dad's holotape journals somewhere in Project Purity.

Yeah I thought it might have been, but I listened through and didn't hear it anywhere unless I skipped it.

Fair enough its referred to in one form of another but I just wish there had been a solid written note somewhere. Like I said this game has taken me well over a year to complete, racking up a total of 155 hours. The notes section of my pip-boy has hundreds of notes, a lot of which seem irrelevant to anything... just seems a shame that the game had to end because I didn't pick up on some obscure reference that I probably hadn't even seen or heard for months.

Anyway, I loaded up a save file from 5 minutes before the end so not big deal I guess.