Better sentients question...

UltraKev9

Kinda new to this, been playing maybe six or seven hours but have been using this forum to streamline my playing quite a bit.

Got home last night and noticed Epic, Legendary and Rare sentients in the auction house. Saw on some other posts that Epic and Legendary only come from people from WP7 auction house uploads and was considering buying one.

Question is: Do the Legendary and Epic sentients just have a higher level than Uncommon? I noticed that some of them went as high as 54 or something, but did the person that uploaded it max the level? Is there any way to tell or do I just have a crapshoot buying one.

Oh, yeah. Is the auction house still going to steal all of my money and put me in the negatives when I buy from it?

Question is: Do the Legendary and Epic sentients just have a higher level than Uncommon? I noticed that some of them went as high as 54 or something, but did the person that uploaded it max the level? Is there any way to tell or do I just have a crapshoot buying one.

Yeah, they have a higher max level which means they will have better stats, etc.

Oh, yeah. Is the auction house still going to steal all of my money and put me in the negatives when I buy from it?

Yep, the auction house will steal all your money and make you owe. Your best bet is Ark Missions, I haven't found one myself but I trust the reports that they are findable there.

Well, looks like no auction house for me, then. Guess I'll stick to my Uncommon for now.

Is there any real difference between tanks and DPS sentients? Don't they both just attack but with different weapons? Thinking of switching to Healer so I can survive longer. Did a couple warzones and got my first class 1 battlegun and clearly those are kicking WAY more butt than any other available weapons.

Maybe I should just cover my ship in battleguns when I get them all. Come to think of it, is there some status bar or something I'm missing since after about four seconds of battlegun stream fire it loses about 70% of fire rate. Is there something that tells me on screen where the guns are regenerating or should I just switch to some ship that allows for constant use?

Well, it seems that a Healer throws pretty powerful homing missiles. Kinda my new favorite. Heals me and slaughters enemy fighters.

Just figured out how to make black crystals, too. Wow. Is there any documentation on this game anywhere?

Edited by Shinobi273

Well, looks like no auction house for me, then. Guess I'll stick to my Uncommon for now.

Is there any real difference between tanks and DPS sentients? Don't they both just attack but with different weapons? Thinking of switching to Healer so I can survive longer. Did a couple warzones and got my first class 1 battlegun and clearly those are kicking WAY more butt than any other available weapons.

Maybe I should just cover my ship in battleguns when I get them all. Come to think of it, is there some status bar or something I'm missing since after about four seconds of battlegun stream fire it loses about 70% of fire rate. Is there something that tells me on screen where the guns are regenerating or should I just switch to some ship that allows for constant use?

Well, it seems that a Healer throws pretty powerful homing missiles. Kinda my new favorite. Heals me and slaughters enemy fighters.

Just figured out how to make black crystals, too. Wow. Is there any documentation on this game anywhere?

Sorry I haven't been following up properly. Big weekend, feel free to message me on LIVE or here.

Tanks and DPS are similar but tanks give better defensive boosts and DPS give better weapon boosts. The DPS also has a power weapon (large beam) that uses energy but can be upgraded to regen energy faster to help compensate. The power weapon needs to be turned on and can be turned off if you need the energy for soemthing else.

Battleguns are great but they are subject to pulse weapon cooldown. Either learn to use bursts or just use the cruiser or consortium heavy fighter.

The healer is great but the weapon wasn't IMO.

There is no documentation unfortunately.

Has anyone answered this? I'm currently going through the Dominion so I can get some battleguns from warzones. If I switch factions do I lose the ability to go back to warzones until I switch back to Dominion or Revenant Order or do they become "always available?"

Oh, yeah... searched for this and didn't really find anything... what's the max number of black crystals you can "feed" sentients and do different commonality of sentients possess higher levels of maximum stats, i.e., do common get like 20 black crystals and uncommon get 40, etc.?

Well, I guess it's true if you look hard enough on the internet you can find anything.

Evidently, it's 60 black crystals maximum which should max all regular sentient stats. Guess I'll start mining some blue and get started.

Edited by Shinobi273

Okay, 200G on this one. That was pretty fun with a relative minor amount of grinding at the very end.

Started as Consortium to get some skills, got to level 1 in Consortium. Switched to Dominion and got to a high enough level doing missions to get to level 3 in order to get my first cruiser. Bought a couple better guns and a Healer sentient and maxed out the sentient pretty quickly. Ended up buying another one later and re-speccing for a little more effeciency. Only need about 20 to 25 black crystals to max out necessary stats on sentient, the rest is a waste. Had full hull healing and specials were the ones that gave huge boosts to healing and shield repair. Got "looting" to max so the sentient could pick stuff up on the whole screen and set to "aggressive" mode to attack enemies on sight.

Started doing Warzones with my first cruiser and was collecting about 3 to 9 points per warzone. Seems the best way to do them is start, head towards the enemy battleship while tagging all the supply points, 3 or 4 is good and then heading to the battleship and going kamikaze until it dies. Eventually you'll have a few points and I bought Battlegun 1. Did a couple more until I had THREE Battlegun 1s. Kept doing Warzones until I would get a new story mission and then do that and keep getting better cruisers. Eventually, I had a cruiser that couldn't die and Battleguns have more range than standard pulse weapons, killing the battleship just offscreen and not taking damage. Eventually I had one Battlegun 4 and two Battlegun 1s and max healer sentient and got to Dominion level 9.

Joined all the other factions except Revenant Order to get them to level 1 and gain access to all skill trees.

Joined the Revenant Order and did ONLY warzones until max level 9 and only had to do two or three extra at the end to get three Battlegun 4s.

Joined the Praetoriate and quickly zoomed through to level 9 and only used the Interceptor fighter and two Battlegun 4s.

Joined the Sunshadow Syndicate and did the same, this time with the heavy fighter using two Battlegun 4s and the sentient.

Re-joined the Consortium and quickly finished the remainder of the missions to get to level 9.

Took the Consortium heavy fighter to do the story missions and wish I'd have taken the Dominion cruiser instead as the final couple missions are quite difficult and missed having 18,000 more hull on the cruiser. Prevailed anyways, after the third (?) or so story mission the Legion Raids became available. After the last story mission upon discovery of the location of the Ark the Ark Raids became available.

Re-joined the Dominion and took the level 4 Cruiser with three Battlegun 4s and healer sentient to the Legion Raid. The cruiser can be flown -nearly- as quickly as a heavy fighter by tapping the Afterburner button and then clicking the left stick to set warp engines. This nullifies the horrible acceleration and allows for speedy response to invasions. Finished the raid on the fifth day easily with only 6% damage to the station. Cheevo popped.

Took same setup to Ark Raid with no knowledge of what to expect and was nearly killed a few times. The roll trick works not only for the stage but for the whole time you are logged in and doesn't need to be repeated after the first roll with the cruiser. The mites are a joke and can't even hurt you. Before I knew a good way to fight the giant mite I almost died. As soon as the mite allows you to shoot after the confrontation simply fire all guns right in its face and don't move. He'll crash right in to you and can't hurt you and may disappear as well but you can still hurt him. Your front shield may actually drop and he'll be dead. The splitters can be killed by focusing all fire on a single one at a time. The Librarian boss can't even hurt you. The Elder Legion ships can be destroyed offscreen and won't even come to attack. The "captial ship gauntlet" is tough but concentrated fire will destroy all the ships before most can fire a second volley and repairing to full in between rounds is easy.

Janus is very dangerous since he copies your ship. I nearly died three times fighting this guy but used afterburner to run circles around him and strafe him.

The Ark is a quasi-joke but the cannons on the side of the beam emitters are very dangerous and nearly killed me due to attack spamming. You just end up running out of room to move and I kept getting pummeled by fire. Luckily you can hide in the corners for a bit before the mini fighters find you and heal up. Dropped the emitters a few times and did enough damage and the Ark blew up and the cheevo popped! Finished the game at level 69.

Spent about two and a half hours replaying area 1 and 2 in the Ark Raid and very quickly leveled up from 69 to 97. The last levels 98, 99 and 100 seemed to take a very long time, nearly two runs per level. Hope this helps.

Edited by UltraKev9
some wrong numbers and spelling errors

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...