NHL 13 Wishlist

Lyrical707

im not very picky as i think the game is pretty good as is but there are a few things id like to see

1.Winter Classic Online

2.Request Trades In Be A Pro

3.Team Goal Celebrations

4.FIX A.I.......I Know I Wont Be The Only One To Say It.....The A.I Is Stupid

5.ONLINE DYNASTIES

please feel free to add on

im not very picky as i think the game is pretty good as is but there are a few things id like to see

1.Winter Classic Online

2.Request Trades In Be A Pro

3.Team Goal Celebrations

4.FIX A.I.......I Know I Wont Be The Only One To Say It.....The A.I Is Stupid

5.ONLINE DYNASTIES

please feel free to add on

I would love online dynasty but it would be hard to implement IMO. You could simulate weeks at a time but it might be hard to try to play 82 games against human controlled teams. Dont get me wrong I love the idea but I just think it would not work.

After playing a shit load of "Drop-In" games trying to get my Legend Card I feel like EA needs to get rid of pausing in drop in games.

I've tried to way the pros and cons but what it comes down to is when you sit down to play you should be ready to play. If an interruption happens during the game then you should leave the game.

Drop in games just take way to long because of the time people take stopping the game. I also think that the intermissions take to long.

Like I said if you're not ready to play you shouldn't be playing.

i like the request a trade idea... also contract hold out as RFA and signing offer sheets... or just get randomly traded during the season

being able to change position and player type in a career would be nice too

Yeah the whole trading on BAP thing... and they need agents. Seriously they had this stuff in Madden 09, why not have it in the NHL games too?

• 1 month later...

overall needs to feel like im at the game. mb longer intros on gm mode(this would be annoying in multiplayer) before game with customizable highlights on the jumbotron. every game i go to i enjoy the hype from the music and highlight reel right before the players come out

Skills Contest at All-Star break in Be A Pro and maybe Franchise. Also maybe actually hold the "draft" that they've done the last couple seasons for the all-star game with your pro having a chance to captain later in his career.

Opportunity to play at Olympics or World Championships in Be A Pro mode (or World Juniors early in your career).

I'll also agree with prior suggestions for Request Trade and position/player-type change in BaP. I'd like to see this modeled after the system used in the MLB 2K sports games where you can request trade, suggest a free agent for the team to pursue and change position.

Also I'd like an expansion of the Video creation system. It's already the best I've ever seen in-game but I'd like to be able to combine highlights to create like a 3-5min clip of my Be a Pro's best stuff. I know I can do this with external video capture programs but with what EA already has in place it shouldn't be to hard to create an in-game system for this.

Edited by bigbear.

I'd love fixing the stupid glitch goals

Anyone that even bothers to say that probably hasn't played EA sports games for very long.

I've played them for close to 20 years now and there is always some "glitch goals" in NHL/Fifa or cheap insta-touchdown plays in Madden. Once they fix one, two more appear. Its the way things are.

Probably never going to happen.

better passing interceptions. I highly doubt a person can intercept a pass when they're not even facing the puck. Also for sniper, your team play goes up if you score. The point of a sniper is to score not to hit. They should also make the AI a bit better. Make it so the farther a goalie is in the net the more he gives off. I hate playing people who stay in their net and stop everything.

Anyone that even bothers to say that probably hasn't played EA sports games for very long.

I've played them for close to 20 years now and there is always some "glitch goals" in NHL/Fifa or cheap insta-touchdown plays in Madden. Once they fix one, two more appear. Its the way things are.

Probably never going to happen.

I've been playing EA Sports games for 15 years, and I realize that there have always been cheap goals. But they ruin the online play of this game. IMO, the best time to play OTP is only during the first couple of months when people haven't figured them all out.

I personally hate using them, but I'm thinking with 13 that's what I'm gonna focus on, since EVERYONE else does.

I've been playing EA Sports games for 15 years, and I realize that there have always been cheap goals. But they ruin the online play of this game. IMO, the best time to play OTP is only during the first couple of months when people haven't figured them all out.

I personally hate using them, but I'm thinking with 13 that's what I'm gonna focus on, since EVERYONE else does.

True True.

I'm not saying we shouldn't wish them to be fixed...Just saying, prior experience makes me think they never will.

The best you can hope for is finding a core group of "friends" to play against that refuse to use them. My brother and I had a circle of friends that used to have tournaments in the pre-online days and we would kick people out for over-indulging in "cheap" goals (a few here and there are ok).

Play 6 vs 6 and all cheap goals are gone.

I know I'm in the minority on that one, but I just want them to get rid of XP in EASHL. Just got my Legend 1 legit, an absolutely joyless grind that rewards selfish play, punishes gamers who just want to team up with their friends and have fun vs other teams, and creates a ton of frustrating situations where you're trying to do well against legend 3 juggernauts who unlocked/purchased all the +5 turbo slots. Why gamers embraced this kind of system in sports games and MP shooters is beyond me, it's just an abomination IMO.

I know I'm in the minority on that one, but I just want them to get rid of XP in EASHL. Just got my Legend 1 legit, an absolutely joyless grind that rewards selfish play, punishes gamers who just want to team up with their friends and have fun vs other teams, and creates a ton of frustrating situations where you're trying to do well against legend 3 juggernauts who unlocked/purchased all the +5 turbo slots. Why gamers embraced this kind of system in sports games and MP shooters is beyond me, it's just an abomination IMO.

I play defense most of the time, and I totally agree with you.

My wishlist for NHL 13:

1. Give the defensemen a fighting chance against these dangling dancing snipers. Why does my skating speed have to slow down so dramatically when I try to poke check? How can I check a guy and have that have absolutely no consequence in the puck carrier's path to the net? I don't expect bone crushing checks like we had in NHL 11, but jeez...

2. Give me the ability to dodge a check after I pass the puck up ice.

3. Better matchmaking when playing other EASHL Clubs. On a good day, my team is a mid-tier Pro level team. Matching us up against Elite champs all the time hasn't made us much better.

4. Co-op BAP mode.