Arkham City or Arkham Asylum

JimCant

Which did you like better? Batman Arkham Asylum or Batman Arkham City?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Which did you like better? Batman Arkham Asylum or Batman Arkham City?

• Arkham Asylum
    • Arkham City

I liked both a lot, and they had their ups and downs, but I gotta say I enjoyed Arkham City more, mostly because you could glide around in a city-like environment, but also because of the side-missions and the many easter-eggs and references - and also the combat improvement - although both games suffer from not being able to abort a ground-takedown while someone is about to strike you :) Perhaps something they will change for a sequel?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked AA better story wise then AC in my opion. I also agree that it seemed in AC that they tried to focus on to much without much Back Story to it. I know they released the prequel comic but it still didnt seem like it was enough. I really loved AA and AC just didnt compair in my eyes. Even if AC had better gameplay an graphics I stand by my word on AA being better!

AA was way better imo

i dont see how i mean it was pretty dark game but theirs something in ac that u cant do in aa and that is free roaming and side missions, that was the big thing which made the game much better then aa. Not only that but their was much more drama in it too and more gadgets, not to mention the combat system has also improved. so ac beats aa all the way, u just cant compare it. i know someones going to reply to me and say im being rude but im just spreading the truth thats all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
The Combat in AC is alot better, but on the whole I didn't think the side missions were very good, I don't see why every developer has to try and make thier game a "sandbox" game, AA was awesome as well as being linear

I agree with you on this. Not everything has to be a sandbox game....I did like some of the side missions but some of them were really hard to trigger. I liked the new weapon additions in AC but I loved the AA campaign. I cant see myself playing AC again (I will never do the 2.0 Plus game part) but I will def. play AA again and again.

I didnt like AC at first, but it grew on me... I think with the first game most people didnt have such high expectations and were able to look past imperfections(like how u fight the same type of boss over and over again and yet joker and bane were just the same as the rest of them...) but with AC everybodys expectations were sky high.

I felt they did a great job on giving us a full fledge city, i liked scaling the talls buildings. but its really the boss battles that shined in AC in my opinion, it was a lot less repatitive... i just wish it had more

but i think its stupid to say one is better then the other bcuz they are 2halfs of the same whole... they are 1 story combined and should not be played without playing both (IMO)... and for the people saying "freeroaming was better in AA or AC" the free roaming was setup exactly the same in both games, one just had more tall buildings to climb around on... both games had an "outer explorable world" with about 6-7 main places for you to go... AC just had more side missions

Edited by severed360

The Combat in AC is alot better, but on the whole I didn't think the side missions were very good, I don't see why every developer has to try and make thier game a "sandbox" game, AA was awesome as well as being linear

i liked the side missions a lot, i do agree theres way too many open world games but i think thats how a superhero game should be and this is the first one to actually do a good job at expanding upon the formula (its almost like they took assassins creed and made it 1000x better and that series was already pretty decent)... but...

I hate how people call games linear, very few games have pulled off a decent non-linear story correctly but... both AA and AC have a great "free roam" while STILL BEING LINEAR... thats BOTH GAMES im saying have done a great job with there free roaming, theres nothing wrong with how each game is setup but despite them being "open world" the main story is still 100% linear... for BOTH GAMES there setup exactly the same, just AC has side missions which everybody seems to be making a big deal out of since there "notn-linear"... but if this game was purely hallways then none of us would like it!

Just bcuz a game is free roam or open world doesnt mean its not still linear, non-linear games allow you to play the story OUT OF ORDER... thats not possible in this game except side mission, your confusing "linear" for being the opposite of free roam and thats just not the case. the side missions just made the world feel more lively which is something that AA could have used a little more of.

I cant see myself playing AC again (I will never do the 2.0 Plus game part) but I will def. play AA again and again.

WHY???

Edited by severed360

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Prefer AC better as I've played that more than AA. I do have to admit that my exposure to AA is quite limited though, and it is on my list to get and play all the way through. The handful of times I played it was on my nephew's 360, so it was before I had my own. I can say the controls are improved in AC compared to AA.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

It's a really close one but the fact that City was just an improvement on Asylum makes it better. It had decently priced DLC, the game world was expansive, it didn't have that "Confined" feel Asylum had which in way works but you get really tired of the same corridors over and over and over.

• 4 weeks later...

this a great question and it is difficult to decide but its definitely arkham city. they added some much too the game without sacrificing what made arkham asylum great. their both awesome games but I have to give the edge to arkham city. larger world more villains better story. I would have rather used robin or nightwing more so than catwoman during the campain but even the her part was awesome. only thing I didn't feel about it was joker at the end.

• 4 months later...