PC Achievement Discussion

The Pants Party

There is no LIVE on XP. You can play the game, but you can't download your gamertag or sign in. That is only available on Vista.

Epic have said there is going to be LIVE on XP ¬.¬ going to be the first game to bring it over to XP, was only not in Shadowrun and Halo 2 because it was not stable, now it is.

I give up with this back and fourth :p game is out next month and we will find out.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Epic have said there is going to be LIVE on XP ¬.¬ going to be the first game to bring it over to XP, was only not in Shadowrun and Halo 2 because it was not stable, now it is.

Well that's news to me. I was going on current status, where LIVE is not available on XP. As of right now I'm correct. :p

I was dissapointed with the achievements. Almost the exact replica of 360 version. I thought they were having some new type of multiplayer mode. Either way it is Gears and I will be getting it.

Your correct they are getting a new multiplayer mode which sorta plays like annex but different in certain ways check Wikipedia and also they are adding new maps as well and I would like to acknowledge to pants that I wonder as well if Annex will now count because it will be in the game from launch and the achievements couldn't be done on 360 for a weird reason and why did they give seriously 10 points less

What I don't get is how the new chapters come into achievements. The new content is between acts 4 and 5, so is all the new content in campaign the secret achievement?

I'm guessing the only secret achievement is for killing the Brumak on Hardcore like the other "boss" achievements.

Yeah I just read the PC achievement list and i am "SERIOUSLY" disappointed. I love gears, my favorite game ever. BUT 20,000 kills!?!?!?!? C'MON! What a joke. I mean normally you play ranked or player and I really don't like boosting for this game. It was fun getting the seriously on it's own merits. It better be allowed in annex or that new capture mode in this game. I wish they came up with some different achievements as well. At least ten different achievements.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Processor: 2.0 GHz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent or AMD Athlon XP or equivalent

RAM: 512MB

Hard Drive: 6.5GB

Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible 64MB video card with Pixel Shader 1.1 support or equivalent

Other: Supported videocards: nVidia GeForce 3 series or better, excluding GeForce 4MX model series, ATI Radeon9500 series or better, keyboard, mouse

RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS

Processor 2.4+ GHz Intel; 2.0+ Ghz AMD

RAM 1 GB

Hard Drive 12 GB free hard drive space

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce 6600+, ATI X700+

Online Multi-player: Broadband Internet Connection, Games for Windows -- LIVE Gold Subscription

I found it in the Gears of War Forum in Epic Games.

i was considering getting this game if at least most of the achievements were different but when i saw they pretty much exactly the same i have no interest what so ever in picking up this game. Unless i find it bargin bin for like 10$ i aint touching it and even then i might not... I can't justify buying the exact same game again on a different platform for a small amount of new content and 1 boss fight.. not worth the time just to get to that boss fight.

• 2 weeks later...
i was considering getting this game if at least most of the achievements were different but when i saw they pretty much exactly the same i have no interest what so ever in picking up this game. Unless i find it bargin bin for like 10$ i aint touching it and even then i might not... I can't justify buying the exact same game again on a different platform for a small amount of new content and 1 boss fight.. not worth the time just to get to that boss fight.
yeah i already bought gears 2wice cause one broke and i loved it plus it was hecka fun and i was in a gears clan (3) so yeah... unless its rediculatly cheap around 19.99 or lower i wont consider it plus i might return gears for gears hahaa if its that cheap

and its coming out tomorrow for $49.99 http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=647168 woa c'mon put it atleast in the 29-39 area...

Yeah I just read the PC achievement list and i am "SERIOUSLY" disappointed. I love gears, my favorite game ever. BUT 20,000 kills!?!?!?!? C'MON! What a joke. I mean normally you play ranked or player and I really don't like boosting for this game. It was fun getting the seriously on it's own merits. It better be allowed in annex or that new capture mode in this game. I wish they came up with some different achievements as well. At least ten different achievements.

As the title says I proberbly come bearing some of the best news so far since this thread (not being big-headed) it turns out that if you do have seriously all ready then no need for you to get it again as the second that gears loads up on pC all the achievements you have on 360 unlock for PC so all you have to do is do not so seriously and the secret (which really proberbly isn't so secret:p) for everyone that has all the achievements on 360 you lucky people I am no where near it but I don't know when I will get this game so by the time I get the game I might be close hopefully but yeah for all you people who want it on PC for multiplayer and don't want the hassle of seriously as you have it no worry and also co-op is free if you have silver account

I can confirm that XP does in fact work for achievements. I can also confirm that "seriously" or any other achievements DO NOT unlock if you have the achievements on the xbox 360 version. I can also confirm that if you play through on Hardcore it also unlocks the achievements for Casual.

I can confirm that XP does in fact work for achievements. I can also confirm that "seriously" or any other achievements DO NOT unlock if you have the achievements on the xbox 360 version. I can also confirm that if you play through on Hardcore it also unlocks the achievements for Casual.

what? is that why you unlocked the exact same achievements on both? wow you people are stupid. they are seperate games and all achievements will unlock if you meet the requirements.

and Kif, you dont even have the game. (neither do i, but i dont go around claiming things dont unlock for something i dont have)

Hey, I don't know if it's been posted before, but I just got the "Secret achievement and I can confirm that it's to

SPOILERS?????

kill the brumak on hardcore difficulty. If i'm the first to say, that's cool i've always wanted to contribute a secret ach. Hope this helps.

Also whoever said that if you have to 360 achievements they transfer to pc, are you high?

That is also not true.

Hey, I don't know if it's been posted before, but I just got the "Secret achievement and I can confirm that it's to

SPOILERS?????

kill the brumak on hardcore difficulty. If i'm the first to say, that's cool i've always wanted to contribute a secret ach. Hope this helps.

Also whoever said that if you have to 360 achievements they transfer to pc, are you high?

That is also not true.

I would like to say that I read that information off of IGN.com

and I quote "For Achievement junkies, Gears PC gives you points on top of what you may have already earned with the Xbox 360 version. So even if you've beaten the game on Microsoft's console, you get credit for all the same Achievements again on PC."

Here's the link if no-one believes me

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/832/832195p2.html

and you might have to go into the options menu or something or try and have a look in instructions thats what I have tought of that might be what to do.

So no I am not high

you are still high! they are saying that the achievements are seprate from the Xbox 360 version, so you can ACHIEVE THEM AGAIN. And please you dont even have the game for PC, so dont go around talking like you know what the f*** is going on

I would like to say that I read that information off of IGN.com

and I quote "For Achievement junkies, Gears PC gives you points on top of what you may have already earned with the Xbox 360 version. So even if you've beaten the game on Microsoft's console, you get credit for all the same Achievements again on PC."

Here's the link if no-one believes me

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/832/832195p2.html

and you might have to go into the options menu or something or try and have a look in instructions thats what I have tought of that might be what to do.

So no I am not high