Tier 3 Mutator & Pips

DROGTURIST

Just thought I'd share that you actually do not need the 49000 for the first pip in tier 3. The numbers are just broken somehow.

The first pip costs 14900 and the second is 28250, but you need the 49000 on hand to be able to purchase the first one even though it only deducts the 14900. Same goes for every successive pip; they cost less than you actually have to have in the bank to be able to purchase them.

This doesn't help since you need to have the absurdly high amounts listed to be able to pay the much more reasonable actual price, but at least this may be easily patched. Some numbers have just been switched somewhere in the code.

No idea, we'll have to unlock it to see. The real price for a pip is listed as "previous pip" on the mutator you're upgrading so you need to buy it to see what it is.

The good part is that if they patch this, we'll all be sitting on way more points than needed and can just enter the menu and assign 10 pips right after the patch hits. Bad part is that if they don't, we'll all have to play this game for a long time.

Actually, no. You need to have gathered that high point cost in order to spend the low point cost, so we're actually going to end up having to gather quite a lot more points than we actually need.

I was saying that because we're spending less than we expect while purchasing the pips, there's ultimately less that we have to earn. Can you imagine if the actual cost is showed was what it deducted? We'd have to earn about... 2.5, 3 times as many pips? Yes, we have to get more than necessary to make the purchase, but it's not like we're gathering that full 228000~ (for the fifth pip), spending it all, and starting from scratch to get to whatever the 6th pip says it costs. Instead, we'll get to 228000~, spend about 55000~, and only have to earn about 130000~ (just guessing, I haven't seen the numbers for the 6th pip yet) as opposed to the full 6th pip cost.

Besides, whatever we have extra laying around, we can use on other pips in other tiers.

Yeah, the whale is waaaay too rare for how much points it gives. Sure, 50k is awesome but if you're only going to see it like once every two weeks...

Seems they're screwing around with mutator rarity on the server today though. Been getting tons of rare ones - I've had like 10 invulnerability today (had only seen it twice before) and I just had 3 Tesla Man in one match! Hopefully they made the whale a little less than ridiculously, obscenely rare.

Yeah, the whale is waaaay too rare for how much points it gives. Sure, 50k is awesome but if you're only going to see it like once every two weeks...

Seems they're screwing around with mutator rarity on the server today though. Been getting tons of rare ones - I've had like 10 invulnerability today (had only seen it twice before) and I just had 3 Tesla Man in one match! Hopefully they made the whale a little less than ridiculously, obscenely rare.

I actually had the whale 4 times over the course of 5 games. Sargentdog and I were playing Vigor; while he got the flags, I'd bound around and grab the mutators. We managed to get 1 whale, that I shot down for the 50k. We kept playing there, 'cause we knew we'd get a ton of points for either a lot of kills, or a lot of flag returns, and on the 5th game, we got /3/ whales in 5 minutes. Sargent took the first, I took the second, and while Sargent went for the third, some bastard grabbed a mutator and used Wipeout. XS

Still, it seems so random that even the rarity scale can break itself. =/

Our strategy now is to just go into Vigor, Station, or Tension matches; we've seen the biggest point gains there, and there's ways to easily get the whale should it show up without anybody interfering.

I actually had the whale 4 times over the course of 5 games. Sargentdog and I were playing Vigor; while he got the flags, I'd bound around and grab the mutators. We managed to get 1 whale, that I shot down for the 50k. We kept playing there, 'cause we knew we'd get a ton of points for either a lot of kills, or a lot of flag returns, and on the 5th game, we got /3/ whales in 5 minutes. Sargent took the first, I took the second, and while Sargent went for the third, some bastard grabbed a mutator and used Wipeout. XS

Still, it seems so random that even the rarity scale can break itself. =/

Our strategy now is to just go into Vigor, Station, or Tension matches; we've seen the biggest point gains there, and there's ways to easily get the whale should it show up without anybody interfering.

Ow just posted this in the other topic aswell...me and K4rn4ge also got the whale to appear only in Vigor and you aswell so it might be map based...KEEP PLAYING ON VIGOR I guess :p

^^

I replied to your other message, actually. XP I stated it there as well, but we've seen the whale in Vigor, Tension, and Crash, with a known possibility (from the trailers of the game) for it to appear in Station. We always go Vigor for the huge mutator pickup count, but try to get to the other three if Vigor isn't an option.

• 2 weeks later...

I have twice now gotten the whale and the pot of gold and ended a match with over 50,000 points, yet once I'm done playing and go check how many points i have i am no where near where i should be. It's as if my points are not saving and its really annoying. Anyone else have this trouble?

I have twice now gotten the whale and the pot of gold and ended a match with over 50,000 points, yet once I'm done playing and go check how many points i have i am no where near where i should be. It's as if my points are not saving and its really annoying. Anyone else have this trouble?

If someone quits XP almost never saves.