Side Quests, Collectables, Puzzles, Endings guide

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mysteries are in order. Some of the mysteries are missable, but the side quests can be done anytime before leaving Silent Hill.

If you want all of them in order, check out Tyger7's thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=362054

Thank you :):)

I just got game today along with Ridge Racer Unbounded from shopto.net :)

There is something wrong with what you call the "suicide note", found on the ground after the mirror side-quest. I think you're confused, because the paper on the ground you find is a Silent Hill Psychiatric Center diagnosis report, talking about the woman being admitted after seeing things in the mirror in question.

The suicide note, on the other hand, is the mother's, Amy, and its not a suicide note but the mother's confession. She disappears, she doesn't kill herself. Either you're confused, or I am, and I missed the Suicide Note but I'm positive you made a mistake on that mirror quest :)

OK, I looked again and I'm positive you made a mistake. There is no "Mother's confession" as you put it, before Poem 1. What you're calling the Suicide Note is the mother's confession, and it's not a suicide note because she vanishes, she doesn't off herself :) Hence the confusion. You should erase the mother's confession altogether, put it in place of the suicide note that doesn't belong (doesn't exist, actually), and switch the description because at the end of Mirrors, Mirrors, you get the SHPC memo, not a suicide note :)

Edited by Asturgis

There is something wrong with what you call the "suicide note", found on the ground after the mirror side-quest. I think you're confused, because the paper on the ground you find is a Silent Hill Psychiatric Center diagnosis report, talking about the woman being admitted after seeing things in the mirror in question.

The suicide note, on the other hand, is the mother's, Amy, and its not a suicide note but the mother's confession. She disappears, she doesn't kill herself. Either you're confused, or I am, and I missed the Suicide Note but I'm positive you made a mistake on that mirror quest :)

OK, I looked again and I'm positive you made a mistake. There is no "Mother's confession" as you put it, before Poem 1. What you're calling the Suicide Note is the mother's confession, and it's not a suicide note because she vanishes, she doesn't off herself :) Hence the confusion. You should erase the mother's confession altogether, put it in place of the suicide note that doesn't belong (doesn't exist, actually), and switch the description because at the end of Mirrors, Mirrors, you get the SHPC memo, not a suicide note :)

Thanks a lot for pointing that Asturgis. I think I just labeled the mirror mirror one wrong; it should be Psychiatric Evaluation instead of Suicide Note, because it can still be found after the mirror mirror quest, and the mothers confession one is in the place as described. So I didnt add or leave out an extra collectable, I just mislabeled one. If I took out the suicide note and replaced it with the mothers confession, then that would mean you would miss the Psychiatric Evaluation mystery, because its found in the correct place, but I just mislabeled it Suicide Note instead of Psychiatric Evaluation. Thanks a lot for pointing it out, its fixed :)

Edited by FLIPADELPHIIA

You are very much welcome :) And I remember another mistake, during my play through, but I won't be able to remember exactly. It's about the safe with the gun inside on Hard, on the third line you say 2 numbers are "now in position", and they're not, because you ask us to go right one time too many. I know it's not precise, but I'm 100% positive there's a mistake there. It's when you say:

Turn dial 3 left three clicks

Turn dial 2 right three clicks. Dials 2 and 3 are now in position

I think it's:

Turn dial 2 right two clicks. Dials 2 and 3 are now in position

But it needs checking, I'm positive about the mistake, but not about where the mistake is exactly. I'm 90% sure it's what I wrote though :)

ALSO, you're missing an achievement, the one for using 20 health packs.

Edited by Asturgis

• 2 weeks later...
Great guide, I've been using it to get the collectibles but I seem to have run into a problem. I'm in the vault in the centennial building and there's no collectible. I've searched every wall about 6 times now at very speeds and there is nothing. Any ideas? Can I come back here later in case it just isn't loading right?

JUst ran into this problem as well today and figure to not take the dead guy's ID card. I just went in the vault to the shelf and the REVIEW was there. I hope this helps out those that are stuck in this building. I know that everyone doesn't have to do this and it might not help but its a try.

Guard Tower Safe

While your chosen puzzle difficulty affects the behavior of the safes dials, all difficulties share the same code (11725) and starting dial position (42416)

Easy:

Turn dial 1 right three clicks

Turn dial 2 right one clicks

Turn dial 4 left two clicks

Turn dial 5 left four clicks

Normal:

Turn dial 3 right two clicks

Turn dial 2 right one clicks. Dials 2 and 3 are in position.

Hard:

Turn dial 3 right twoclicks

Turn dial 4 right one click

Turn dial 5 right right clicks

Turn dial 1 left one click

For the hard one, can you clarify what was meant by Dial 5 right right clicks. as i had to do this one turns to work out what it was (and reloading each time as once wrong, its impossible to start again). I got past it but thought it may help others if this part could be amended.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guard Tower Safe

While your chosen puzzle difficulty affects the behavior of the safes dials, all difficulties share the same code (11725) and starting dial position (42416)

Easy:

Normal:

Turn dial 3 right two clicks

Turn dial 2 right one clicks. Dials 2 and 3 are in position.

Hard:

Turn dial 3 right twoclicks

Turn dial 4 right one click

Turn dial 5 right right clicks

Turn dial 1 left one click

For the hard one, can you clarify what was meant by Dial 5 right right clicks. as i had to do this one turns to work out what it was (and reloading each time as once wrong, its impossible to start again). I got past it but thought it may help others if this part could be amended.

I was wondering the same thing, I figured it out you need to turn it 5 clicks to the right.

in my achievement guide I give you one more than you even need

I missed one at the underground train station near the beginning of the game and considered re-starting until I read that you can get away with missing one.

As your guide is one short anyway I ended up missing out on the achievement and will now have to collect them all again on my 2nd playthrough. Whilst I appreciate you putting the effort in to make a guide, you should at least have mentioned this upfront instead of passing it off as a complete list!

I missed one at the underground train station near the beginning of the game and considered re-starting until I read that you can get away with missing one.

As your guide is one short anyway I ended up missing out on the achievement and will now have to collect them all again on my 2nd playthrough. Whilst I appreciate you putting the effort in to make a guide, you should at least have mentioned this upfront instead of passing it off as a complete list!

I missed more than one on my playthrough and still got the achievement. You must have missed another one some where along the way