Which map is best for the Forces of Nature Horde related achievements?

BrinkX

Best map from the Forces of Nature DLC... for *Horde*  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Best map from the Forces of Nature DLC... for *Horde*

• Artillery
    • Aftermath
    • Cove
    • Jacinto
    • Raven Down

My buddies and I will be working on the Forces of Nature (FoN) Horde related achievements the day after the DLC comes out. Of the FoN maps, what do you think is the best map for playing Horde? Especially when going for "Unstoppable Force" (all 50 waves on a FoN map).

For example, Overpass was great with the single choke point on the stairs for the original achievements, Escalation was great for the Fenix Rising maps since you could set up camp at the top of the stairs and then there was no way that your group could get flanked.

Now I would imagine Raven Down is NOT a good choice since it is supposed to be a small map like in GOW1 (though great for Beast I bet). So that leaves Artillery, Aftermath, Cove and Jacinto (one of my favorites from GOW2). Let me know WHY you think this or that map is best... after PLAYING on the map (not looking for opinions just based on the video fly-overs of the maps).

(Please... I know this is not released until next Tuesday... so unless you have PLAYED on these maps, try NOT to post if you wouldn't mind. I know, wishful thinking on my part :-)

If your just going for complete 50 waves, doesn't matter if you fail, then I'd say raven down. Small so you can complete the waves faster. Plus it doesn't say you have to beat it on insane so you can play it on casual with 3 easy mutators on and you should be able to do the 20 waves without dieing pretty easy.

Sure you said not to post but i don't need to see the maps for this advice

I agree with ^ Raven Down should be the best map for horde IMO. It's small but it'll be hard for enemies to flank your team if your team is set up right. Plus, imagine how much of a HUGE help the command center will be, it will totally wreck all enemies on the board. Can't wait!

Should always post a "see results" option.

I voted Jacinto blindly.

Whenever you create a poll for a new thread there is ALWAYS the "View Poll Results" link at the bottom of the poll... so there is already one on this poll. Not really sure what you are asking for here?

So the count is at 6 posts from people that HAVE NOT even played all the maps, thanks (or even most of the maps). Not really much help, but hey I guess you got your post count higher though, good for you...

I think that creating a thread prior to the date that you want responses is an extremely smart idea.

Maybe you are not aware that Epic gives away codes for early release and sometimes there are people involved with the organization that do testing, etc. so there are plenty of times that people have played the game/DLC well before the release. So I was putting this out there on the off chance that someone might respond that had actually played the new DLC. Wishful thinking on my part (ooooh and another useful post, thanks).

Here is a thread from someone that got one of these early release codes...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=363086

Edited by BrinkX

Whenever you create a poll for a new thread there is ALWAYS the "View Poll Results" link at the bottom of the poll... so there is already one on this poll. Not really sure what you are asking for here?

So the count is at 6 posts from people that HAVE NOT even played all the maps, thanks (or even most of the maps). Not really much help, but hey I guess you got your post count higher though, good for you...

I think that creating a thread prior to the date that you want responses is an extremely smart idea.

I think Raven Down is the best map. Just choose a side (I chose west) and camp there. You have a bunch of barriers, 2 command centers, 2 turrets, and a sentry when you open just that one post. It's very small and all the enemies are forced to come to you. Plus there's a couple of places to take cover so playing horde on that map is like a walk in the park. Not to mention there's snow blowing more and more every time you progress further in horde, which is pretty cool. Played 20 waves without even going down. Mostly due to the fact of easy bosses, with mutators of course. Spiders, Reavers, and Berzerkers are all I have seen. Hope that helps

Maybe you are not aware that Epic gives away codes for early release and sometimes there are people involved with the organization that do testing, etc. so there are plenty of times that people have played the game/DLC well before the release. So I was putting this out there on the off chance that someone might respond that had actually played the new DLC. Wishful thinking on my part (ooooh and another useful post, thanks).

Here is a thread from someone that got one of these early release codes...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=363086

Cool story, bro. Anyway, raven down took about an hour and a half with a full team and multipliers.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this question but I didn't know where else to post and didn't want to start a new thread: Has anyone had a problem using a new character on the new maps when playing Horde? I'm trying to use Mech Baird and it keeps changing to Marcus when the map loads

Jacinto was mine was able to get all achievements on casual mutators infinite ammo, super melee and super reload - silverback with rockets camped top - built up one barrier and they all just came up one side - boss wave just melee beserkers as they came in most others silverback did the rest.

Jacinto is the easiest. Get the base by the mortar and the one by the boomshot. Have someone stay at each base and two at the towers ( buy those bases later if needed). The fifth guy should go to torque. Now the locust should just spawn on the far sides where players spawn in Versus and are easily contained and killed.

All 5 of us ended up doing it on Aftermath only because I wanted to try one of the 3 new maps.

Ended up being a plus for going for "Horde Natural" because for some reason, where we set up base (at the sniper spawn on the Clocktower/Statue Spawn side of the map), the two of us covering the Smoke spawn area BARELY EVER got ANY enemies our way. Easily got this achievement. Then when my friend who can't help but go "Rambo" when he shouldn't, got downed and died on wave 19 (boy did we joke him to no end... epic), we just switched cover spots and he was able to turtle the next 20 waves to easily get the achievement.

Loved this map for its beauty and the coverage area from the top of the stairs... half the time enemies couldn't even get close to us :-). Plus getting the Elemental cleaver on this map is REALLY easy.