SFxTK Dead Already?

M1 Punk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an update today. Don't what this means. This game needs a serious re-balance with the DLC characters in Autumn. This game has so much potential, but Capcom really screwed it up in so many ways from the outset.

The patch fixed the Rolento freeze glitch. Don't know if it did anything else.

• 4 weeks later...
I hope the DLC that drops at the end of the month breathes new life into the online, I still need to get about 250 more matches under my belt to unlock The Harsh Road & The Endless Road.

i think it will, especially after EVO. at lest thats why i am so excited about the new characters.

i have like 5 friends already which are coming back to it too. the main reason why i didn´t want to get it in the first place was the "end of september" release date because TTT2 and DOA5 were supposed to be out to and i can´t play 3 fighters at once, i am not tokido.

i am not very good anymore probably but i learn quick and improve pretty fast so if you want some matches when the DLC is out you can send me FR if you want ;)

i can´t play 3 fighters at once, i am not tokido.

i am not very good anymore probably but i learn quick and improve pretty fast

Ehem... I think you mean Chris G.

Anyway, I started playing the game again today and it's like the easiest fighting game out there so you'll be back in shape in no time. Online is still laggy though.

I was disappointed playing SFxT. I was expecting a game which would have blown my face off but it's just not as great as SF4/SSF4.

I wouldn't go as far as boycotting them completely, especially if they release Monster Hunter in Europe or remake Power Stone.

Why won't they remake Power Stone? Why? Why?

http://tenka.seiha.org/images2/dog12/dog12_14.jpg

Edited by CHIRUNO99

i mean tokido who is playing soul calibur, SSFIV, SFxT, UMvC, VF, Tekken, BlazBlue and shortly KoF.

he was in top 8 with 5 of these already if you put the last 2 evos together if i remember it right. getting a evo seat in this many games is already insane.

he always played a load of different FGs, thats also a reason why he is one of the 5 gods.

why chris G? he plays skullgirls SSF and marvel as far as i know.

Edited by CoregBlue1

• 4 weeks later...
his morrigan tactic is uber lame but effective.

What is the definition of lame exactly? I call it zoning or keep away. I came across this video a while ago and it's very informative. I know it's long but you can always watch it whenever you're bored.

I love playing defensive myself with my Guile/King team and I keep getting hate messages from scrubs (who I beat free) who obviously don't know shit about fighting games. I know I'm not an expert but I feel like I know enough.

Even though I'm going for mix-ups, overheads and play footsies, they still complain because I threw more than 5 Sonicbooms. I'm considering dropping King for someone like Raven in order to piss those people off even more. Most of the time, I just block and wait till my opponent makes a mistake and then I punish it instead of mashing buttons.

Just because you don't know how to beat a certain character or person doesn't mean that player is cheating or that it's unfair. Learn to adapt.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4et5xOKj9tQ&list=FLhyvPLYXmnzz0cWC3DR6Aow&feature=mh_lolz]The Art of Lame -- A Study in Defensive Play - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by M1 Punk

• 4 weeks later...

Just because you don't know how to beat a certain character or person doesn't mean that player is cheating or that it's unfair. Learn to adapt.

sorry for being so late on this one.

definition of lame? well in my case its just a personal opinion regarding this style. btw. even the video is called "the art of lame". chris g doesn´t play defensive he just uses the same move with morrigan which is fine but dieminion on the other hand is a defensive player and in my eyes a genius with incredible skill.

i know its zoning and i never said anything about cheating or unfair i just said its lame. thats how i feel about this fighting style. i have no problem fighting or loosing to someone so defensive but i don´t have to like it.

Edited by CoregBlue1

Just got the game used and I cant get into any matches online to save my life. Gonna return the game this weekend and put the store credit tword fifa 13.

That's the wisest thing you can do. I guess the release of TTT2 gave this game the final blow. I literally buried my copy of the game in my backyard a while ago.

It had so much potential, may it rest in peace.

i don´t exactly know if you agree or disagree with me to be honest.
I didn't understand him either.

Regarding your opinion on lame or 'move spam' honestly that creates the one trait most gamers lack today, discipline. Usually you can gain discipline by playing a charge character but Marvel players don't know what that is, since it's just rushdown in order to get a touch of death combo going.

Not to mention Morrigan is using this same pattern: Fireball, fly, Fireball, unfly. Rinse and repeat and with Doom's missiles he has screen control. Technically thanks to the pressure the opponent just gets frustrated and does stupid things (Raw tag, non-invincible supers etc.) which is why he gets the upper hand and wins a lot of his matches.

It's also the same reason that although Chris G always makes it far, the top players in the game seem to have an upper hand and manage to beat him in the end. Simply because experience gives discipline. Technically it separates the button mashers from the people who are studying as they're playing, so I can see how as a spectator it's really annoying to watch.

That's the wisest thing you can do. I guess the release of TTT2 gave this game the final blow. I literally buried my copy of the game in my backyard a while ago.

It had so much potential, may it rest in peace.

Definitely agree, I think what gave this game a tough time was the time it was released. We just got AE 2012 at the beginning and before that people were still studying the meta game of UMvC3. With all these fighters coming back they tried to squeeze in one more capcom fighting game and honestly it didn't cut it. It felt like the developers were lost whole making the engine, as it has hype combos and great teamwork potential but one huge thing they messed up (IMO) is the damage scaling. If pokes were going to be the dominant part of the game, they made a huge design flaw right there as the game instantly becomes boring to 90% of the community other than the people who study for frames and such. I don't care if I die in two combos if they have 3 bars or even one crazy combo that requires 1 frame links or something but don't shoo off the MvC community by nerfing any combo past 4 hits.

Considering all the hype and amazing video packages, the gems weren't a problem until the defense gems were implemented. That and they should have just made Ryu and Ken mid or top mid tier like they are in every street fighter game, not give them huge hit box advantages since people only played Ryu in tournaments because he's so damn easy to play compared to the 40+ roster. Shame, since I personally think SF4 is boring (Since i'm ass at it.) and would've liked to see this game evolve more.

Edited by Ayx

so I can see how as a spectator it's really annoying to watch.

I don't know man, I actually find it incredibly exciting to watch. Wondering if Chris G's opponent can come up with something brilliant in order to get in.

BTW, I really think Morrigan is more that just Fireball, Fly, Fireball, Un-fly. Chris G can play ridiculous offensive without throwing projectiles when he needs to on characters that can counter or outplay her with projectiles. (Dormammu, Hawkeye, Ammy etc.)

Other thing I noticed is that he knows when to call out or protect his Doom assist. That's easier said than done, Doom is on the screen for like 5 seconds which is enough time to finish him off with certain supers and DHC's.