DLC Resurgence is live!

Yannie Boy

Update for you guys.

"Hi Everyone

The new Maps are now live, but we’re currently dealing with an internal server that’s gone down. As soon as we can resolve that, the new Resurgence content will become available in the Reinforcement Packs.

The new weapons and races are on the way. I'll post an update as soon as I have one. Thanks for your patience.

-Chris Priestly"

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets say someone has a busy job but likes to play Mass Effect 3 in there spare time, they can't unlock everything without taking years but has the money to buy the packs, they might as well buy the packs with points since they can afford to, giving them the weapons and characters they want. That makes sense to me.

When a new CoD map pack comes out, does that make it repetitive? No, this is the same case, a new map pack has come out with some added extras that are unlocked through playing and enjoying the new maps, that is added longevity if you ask me.

Since when are micro-transactions an MMO thing? Look at Tribes: Ascend, free to play game with micro-transactions to speed up unlocks. Battlefield 3 now has packs which unlock entire kits like Recon etc. when you can't be bothered to play the kit for hours on end to unlock the items.

You don't have to pay extra money, there is an in-game credit system purely for those who don't want to spend points. MS points are entirely optional here, there is no one preventing you from playing the game and earning credits that way.

If the game is that repetitive, why do you want to unlock everything? If you are just going to unlock it all and then no longer play it because its repetitive, then whats the point?

EDIT: If Bioware has done this right, then they might have fixed what every other MP game has failed to do. The micro transaction system is used to get that extra cash they get through post-release DLC to give free map packs etc. Whereby allowing the community to not be split up by those who have paid for DLC maps and those who haven't.

:whs:goodpost I agree 100%. Everyone who is whinning needs to chill out. If you are seriously that butt hurt then stop playing ME3 and return your copy so somone else can buy it used and enjoy a fantastic MP experience.

Update for you guys.

"Hi Everyone

The new Maps are now live, but we’re currently dealing with an internal server that’s gone down. As soon as we can resolve that, the new Resurgence content will become available in the Reinforcement Packs.

The new weapons and races are on the way. I'll post an update as soon as I have one. Thanks for your patience.

-Chris Priestly"

thats a corporate excuse. im pretty sure they just want it released on the exact time as when they release new premium packs. an untimely and earlier release will cost $$$. And the time the patch became available and the time the weekly pack rollout is unoticably less than a day... they just announced that to make those guys who bought packs and are now complaining in the forum or calling EA like crazy.

*in perspective of a soft dev.

i got it via xbox.com since im not yet home. Some say that you need to reboot the game or something for it to show via the in-game DLC menu. Some say you need to get it manually via xbox.com. Im still at work so i cant help you on that much.

Its currently on my DL que

Oh i already got the DLC pack. I thought you were talking about the update patch that fixed the import issue and other things. I still haven't gotten that.

Oh i already got the DLC pack. I thought you were talking about the update patch that fixed the import issue and other things. I still haven't gotten that.

arent the fixes included on that DLC pack? or maybe the DLC pack will trigger the patch once installed?

:whs:goodpost I agree 100%. Everyone who is whinning needs to chill out. If you are seriously that butt hurt then stop playing ME3 and return your copy so somone else can buy it used and enjoy a fantastic MP experience.

Wouldn't they have to pay a shitload just to get access to the MP if they buy it used?

Lets say someone has a busy job but likes to play Mass Effect 3 in there spare time, they can't unlock everything without taking years but has the money to buy the packs, they might as well buy the packs with points since they can afford to, giving them the weapons and characters they want. That makes sense to me.

When a new CoD map pack comes out, does that make it repetitive? No, this is the same case, a new map pack has come out with some added extras that are unlocked through playing and enjoying the new maps, that is added longevity if you ask me.

Since when are micro-transactions an MMO thing? Look at Tribes: Ascend, free to play game with micro-transactions to speed up unlocks. Battlefield 3 now has packs which unlock entire kits like Recon etc. when you can't be bothered to play the kit for hours on end to unlock the items.

You don't have to pay extra money, there is an in-game credit system purely for those who don't want to spend points. MS points are entirely optional here, there is no one preventing you from playing the game and earning credits that way.

If the game is that repetitive, why do you want to unlock everything? If you are just going to unlock it all and then no longer play it because its repetitive, then whats the point?

EDIT: If Bioware has done this right, then they might have fixed what every other MP game has failed to do. The micro transaction system is used to get that extra cash they get through post-release DLC to give free map packs etc. Whereby allowing the community to not be split up by those who have paid for DLC maps and those who haven't.

The items you get from the packs are all random, you can't choose which weapons you want, what characters to unlock or what equipment, and majority of the time, people seem to get the stuff they don't need, I keep unlocking shotguns and upgrades for them but I hardly use them.

Wouldn't they have to pay a shitload just to get access to the MP if they buy it used?

Not necessarily, I rented this game out from Lovefilm and bought an online pass from eBay for only £2.50 ($3.96?), can keep the game as long as I want too. I am not sure how much the preowned versions of the game are going for but the new copies over here are going for just over £20 so either way it's a bargain.

We should definately have a post of the day award around here.

:goodpost

The items you get from the packs are all random, you can't choose which weapons you want, what characters to unlock or what equipment, and majority of the time, people seem to get the stuff they don't need, I keep unlocking shotguns and upgrades for them but I hardly use them.

It can be annoying, I badly want to get the Vindicator and Revenant to rank 10, but I keep getting upgrades for other weapons. I take it as a sign to use weapons and play styles I wouldn't normally use. For example, I've become rather used to the Shotgun which I haven't used since my Vanguard on the original Mass Effect, but I've unlocked the N7 Crusader so why not? Its a lottery system so you don't go ahead and unlock your favourite class/weapon and play the same combination for all eternity without experiencing others.

In the end this isn't the best micro transaction system, but its damn good if they do go ahead and use these proceeds for free MP DLC and in general support the MP component of the game.

so far the batarian sentinel is pretty damn cool, blade armor gives damage to anybody that melees you, their power attack is a vicious punch that can take the head off a nearly full phantom. the net seems cool but it's a bit tough to aim at the moment as it goes slow and doesn't seem to lock. also unrelated to the new stuff but i FINALLY got my damn salarian infiltraito. was the only class i needed for like 3 weeks now

I know its as possible as it snowing in Anfghanastan in Mid July, but is there any word, IF any, that those of us who "assumed" once the DLC was downloaded spent our 1000's of credits compinsated in any way?

Nope, you're s*** out of luck I'm afraid.

I know its as possible as it snowing in Anfghanastan in Mid July, but is there any word, IF any, that those of us who "assumed" once the DLC was downloaded spent our 1000's of credits compinsated in any way?

Nope, you're s*** out of luck I'm afraid.

Rofl one of the dumbest things I've ever seen posted. You really think a company that is banking on you to spend RL cash over in-game credits is going to refund you? I know you said it was like a snowball in hell, but still.

The DLC is 166MB (rounded-up) for anyone wondering.

Edited by 13ip0lar

"The Resuregence Packs have been fixed. The maps, weapons and classes are now available.

Thanks for your patience.

-Chris Priestly"

has anyone got the patch yet??

LG

If you mean the DLC, then yes. You have to download it though like any other DLC. It's not a patch that you will be prompted to DL when you start the game up.

If you mean the DLC, then yes. You have to download it though like any other DLC. It's not a patch that you will be prompted to DL when you start the game up.

theres also a patch coming out as well today for the single player campaign, just wondering if anyone has got it yet?

LG