Black Monolith Possible Solution - Need Input

Fenrakk101

There's a guy (soundofjw) on gamefaqs that was doing some analysis of the song LOVE. Is that person also posting here or does anyone know about octatonic (or septatonic) scales and care to try to relate "the answer" to the info he posted at - http://www.gamespot.com/fez/forum/monolith-and-the-music-62568232/ ?

As long as it even remotely resembles your excellent picture, I'm sure it'd be a match. Now for the search...again, did anyone else hear Dot say something about returning to the star gate after obtaining the 64th cube (it told me this BEFORE opening the 64 cube door)?

I think that's just because she's wanting you to finish the game with the zooming out ending for which solving the monolith or even opening the room does not seem to be necessary.

Edited by Jedpeter
answering lochcelious

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a guy (soundofjw) on gamefaqs that was doing some analysis of the song LOVE. Is that person also posting here or does anyone know about octatonic (or septatonic) scales and care to try to relate "the answer" to the info he posted at - http://www.gamespot.com/fez/forum/monolith-and-the-music-62568232/ ?

I think that's just because she's wanting you to finish the game with the zooming out ending for which solving the monolith or even opening the room does not seem to be necessary.

Thanks, I let my hopes cloud the obvious! :p

And you have every right to be! Most of us here in this thread are now in the top 200 on the leaderboards...haha

Except me, fucking game won't give me 200%.

What the hell? What are the 3D sunglasses for when you start a new Game+? Uh oh...more puzzles?!

If there was no 3D in the game everybody would be whining because, face it, this game it probably the most satisfying 3D experience ever. Even moreso than Avatar.

One of the kids of the first village indicate seeing a 'devil cube'...now I wonder what they are referring to...just cubes in general being as cubes seemed frowned upon in the village?

Yup. The dialogue before you get your 3D abilities is basically setting up the backstory, that everyone there thinks the world is only 2D and that 3D objects are the work of the devil. The guy with the tophat even says "You look nice and flat today!" in reference to your 2D existence.

One of the kids of the first village indicate seeing a 'devil cube'...now I wonder what they are referring to...just cubes in general being as cubes seemed frowned upon in the village?

I think since they're so far removed (or devolved too much) from the Zu people, they only exist and comprehend a 2-D, with the the arrival of Metatron and Gomez's procurement of the Fez, assume the 3D tesselated tetronimo form of Metatron is the "Devil Cube" of their lore.

For them, its mere existence is "non possible!"

And thus, the rest of the story about the fact that they believe 3D destroyed them (getting the technology and destroying themselves to almost extinction). Lovely story really. The second ending was really piss poor... I was expecting more of the "between the folds of the Universe" style the first ending had. They should have switched the two endings around; this may have been a better completion. As it stands, I am still wondering if there are more puzzles (aside from figuring out where we go from here and the answer to the monolith's input code).

And thus, the rest of the story about the fact that they believe 3D destroyed them (getting the technology and destroying themselves to almost extinction). Lovely story really. The second ending was really piss poor... I was expecting more of the "between the folds of the Universe" style the first ending had. They should have switched the two endings around; this may have been a better completion. As it stands, I am still wondering if there are more puzzles (aside from figuring out where we go from here and the answer to the monolith's input code).

I think the purpose of the endings is something you really need to think into.

The first ending shows them understanding the small seams of the universe: the way their 2D world is structured and why things are as they are.

The second ending looks at the big picture. The first is almost like "what was"; the small things are below them and can be understood without reaching out. But understanding what's around them requires another step forward, you have to explore instead of observe.