Problems with My New Xbox 360 Slim

Saxguy101

*Long Passage Ahead*

I've been having a lot of problems with my Xbox 360 Slim. I technically got it "used", but it had been used very few times and was practically brand new. Everything seemed fine for the first couple of days, but ever since then I've been having problems. Since I got the 4GB model and am waiting for my hard drive to come, I decided to use a Flash Drive for extra storage so I could play Battlefield 3 with all of the updates. It worked fine at first, but then I started having huge problems. Every time I got to the screen that would say "Loading" on Battlefield 3, it would freeze and I would have to restart my console. This kept happening and it took me several tries to get to the multiplayer menu, and even then it would crash during gameplay. I also started to have problems with Modern Warfare 2. I'd be in a party with my friend, and I'd be playing with him just fine, and then all of a sudden it would say "The Game Disc is Unreadable" and would exit me to the Xbox home. It eventually got so bad that it wouldn't start at all, and this happened for every game. I looked up some solutions and found that I might need to remove that flash drive, so I did that and everything seemed to be fine once again, up until a few hours ago. I was playing Battlefield 3 once again, and it said "The Game Disc is Unreadable", so I popped it out and decided to let my 360 cool down, seeing as Battlefield 3 is a game that requires a lot of power. After letting it cool down, my original problem began to persist, and it would keep freezing at the loading screen. My other games wouldn't start up either, so I tried putting the flash drive back in, and once again, it seemed to magically work. After a little bit of playing, Battlefield 3 began to randomly crash in the middle of a game. I figured it was overheating, but once again, after testing other games, they won't start up or work at all. I'm so confused and annoyed at this point that I don't even know what to do. Any help would be so greatly appreciated that I will shower you with hundreds of thousands of internet cookies. Haha, but seriously, I could reallllyyyy use some help. Please? :)

When you are experiencing issues with games loading and whatnot, clearing your cache should be the first step.

I'd recommend you register the console under your name via Xbox.com, in case a repair is necessary. It would help the support clowns at Microsoft return your console to the correct address.

I tried clearing the system cache, and that seemed to work well. Every game I played yesterday was just fine, including Modern Warfare 2, and I played it all day, but today my MW2 game won't work. I'm not sure what's happening. Halo Reach seems to work just fine, but MW2 won't. What's weird is that MW2 was working great yesterday. :/

Being used very little means nothing with a slim. I bought my slim the day of release and had to send it in for repairs within 3 weeks. After I got the replacement it worked fine for a few months, then it started getting really load. Its been a year now and it still works, but it can get very loud. Unfortunately i think the slim with suffer the same "red ring" that the original 360 did.

So do I need to send my Xbox in for repair? I would have right away, but what's weird is that some days it works flawlessly and others I can't even get the games to load at all. Are there any other simple solutions that I'm missing? I don't really want to have to ship it off, but if I have to I guess I will.