Legendary Dragon Level

Crypt

Hello Everyone

While searching this forum, and the net, I can not find a straight answer. Do you need to be over level 70+ to find a Legendary Dragon? I am level 53 right now. There would be no way to "find" one? Thanks

Thats just great... That basically means that I'm gonna save time on create another save->level up to 15->daedric quest and get the book and level up to 81 instead of doing it legit (lvl 52)...

:Bounce:

im just grinding my character legit.

I was playing today and one randomly attacked me when i was exploring yet i'm only level 48.

you sure it was a Legendary dragon??? pics, or you're lying.

To say he is lying seems a bit harsh, at level 48 the highest dragon you can find is an 'Ancient Dragon' perhaps he simply got them both mixed up?

Well I went from 51-71 legit. Should hit about 72 really soon. I hear that 78 is the really magic number. I have been running into a lot of revered dragons. I do a bit of dragon searching twice every level. If I do not run in to them, I try and grind to the next level.

Okay so I've had 7 legendary dragons, they can dive through solid ice (its their main move) I'm a level 75 and I think your level is just one factor that affects when you get them.

Obviously you need to have completed most of the main quest line, 4 of my 7 were near the icy lands around Dawnstar and Windhelm.

2 turned up when I revisited the snow elf lands near Castle Volikhar after completing the Dawnguard questline.

Hope those two tidbits help.

I'm 75 and still not a single one. These bastards are annoying as hell. I can almost one shot other dragons with my bow, so at least I am not fighting a long fight. Revered dragons take a few more shots

When I started the Dawnguard DLC I was level 63. After finishing the DLC quests & other cheevos I started focusing on leveling my character. Once I got to level 70 I would make the rounds to the dragon lairs. then level up again & repeat. I usually saw Revered Dragons & occ. Ancient or Blood Dragons.

Once I got to Level 78 (legit) I encountered the Legendary Dragon at the 2nd Lair I visited (lair number one was actually a double dragon encounter). I shot the dragon at Ancient's Assent while it was asleep on the Shout wall.

As soon as I damaged it I noticed it was a Legendary Dragon. I immediately saved my game before battling further. I was actually mildly disappointed with how very easy the legendary dragon was to kill. At least the revered dragons would spew some purple magic-drainng goo on me. The legendary dragon was a legendary fail--easy to slay & rubbish loot! ;) At least the achievement unlocked without any problem or glitch.

I'm 75 and still not a single one. These bastards are annoying as hell. I can almost one shot other dragons with my bow, so at least I am not fighting a long fight. Revered dragons take a few more shots

Theirs only a 5% Chance to encounter a Legendary Dragon Before Level 78. I was at Level 77 and still not a single Legendary Dragon. Once I hit Level 78 the first Dragon I saw was a Legendary One.