Want to Marry Serana?

Focus

You too huh? Don't know how much use this petition actually is, I found it googling if I even could so I'd know whether or not my current wife needed to 'fall down the stairs.' But apparently you can't. Which is pretty messed up. Petition located here:

http://www.change.org/petitions/bethesda-softworks-allow-serana-to-be-married#

I found it googling the quest to fix my glitch lol, then had to redoanload the whole DLC, then started wondering if I could. Then found this. Kinda lol'd. But hell why not?

Edited by Focus

Personally if you could marry her in the game I would. Unfortunately you can't but she is still by far the best companion I've had on my adventures.

There's nothing wrong with the petition though. I doubt it'd get Bethesda to change anything but people can at least make their voices heard. Maybe when they next make a kickass companion they will let people marry them.

How come nobody figures the petition would help?

Bethesda is great for listening to fans, and while I admit I know next to nothing about programming wouldn't it be as simple as going into some script and changing "marriage" to "true"?

How come nobody figures the petition would help?

Bethesda is great for listening to fans, and while I admit I know next to nothing about programming wouldn't it be as simple as going into some script and changing "marriage" to "true"?

I thought that too but there have been debates in many places about whether they could. While Bethesda are great for listening to fans the problem is apparently you cannot patch dlc. I don't know if that's true but if they patch dlc then they must give every person the patch. The problem being giving tiny bits of Dawnguard coding to people who haven't brought it.

Oh and I guess they would need to get the voice actor back in as she was voiced by a completely different person to the rest of the characters.

I just find it weird that its one of the only characters that you go into depth with and remains unable to die after you complete the main dawnguard quest. I have her following me around with full daedric armor rated through the roof and a dragonbone sword with base damage 997 and fire+shock for 4000 some odd number each. It threw me off that you couldn't but I guess it makes sense. They can't patch DLC but they can make either an .xex amend or an update that affects the character. So its completely possible, but I'm not sure if they'll do it. Marriage to her would be more than flipping a 'true' switch. Lots of coding to do. Not to mention if you asked her to cook a meal she'd have to go outside and kill some guards to throw over the fire.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Serana is the most annoying companion ever. The ultimate nag. She keeps repeating herself over and over. Also, it doesn't matter what you come up against, she's got a Serana's Xxxxxx that she's summoned. And then she's pissed if you accidentally attack it. Why would anyone want to marry her?

• 9 months later...