Ain't 'fraid of no ghosts achievement

ralleke

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to single player and then choose your skater, then go to the hanger. Go through the game modes until you get to the Hawkman mode. Then start the challenge.

Basically it is a bunch of orbs that you have to collect in one combo using grinds and manuals. It it difficult at first, but is easier after a few tries.

Unlock the level The Hangar, and unlock the gamemode Hawkman.

Now choose that level and that gamemode. You have to try and collect all the pellets littered around in 1 combo.

Video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXem_Z1SiOY]Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD - Ain't 'fraid of no ghosts Achievement/Trophy Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Maka

how do you get those 6 pellets above the garage door? i never have enough speed.

You might be having the same problem as me when I first started for this achievement. I was jumping into a manual after grinding the first rail (the rail over the half pipe after picking up the very first few manual pellets) and I'd run out of speed around or before the garage door. If that is what you are doing then don't jump off that rail just go straight into manual from grind. If not then I have no idea why you don't have enough speed.

You might be having the same problem as me when I first started for this achievement. I was jumping into a manual after grinding the first rail (the rail over the half pipe after picking up the very first few manual pellets) and I'd run out of speed around or before the garage door. If that is what you are doing then don't jump off that rail just go straight into manual from grind. If not then I have no idea why you don't have enough speed.

i don't jump after grinding the arch rail over the half pipe. I can get that first part no problem. Just when i go into the chopper room i try to jump off into a manual to get that one pellet on the groundand then can't get enough height to reach that top rail with the six pellets on it.

I also tried doing this achievement when I just unlocked the hawkman gametype. So maybe I wasn't leveled up enough. I have all my stuff almost maxed out now so it'll probably be easier.

i don't jump after grinding the arch rail over the half pipe. I can get that first part no problem. Just when i go into the chopper room i try to jump off into a manual to get that one pellet on the groundand then can't get enough height to reach that top rail with the six pellets on it.

I also tried doing this achievement when I just unlocked the hawkman gametype. So maybe I wasn't leveled up enough. I have all my stuff almost maxed out now so it'll probably be easier.

It's hit and miss for me. The parts where you jump into and out of the chopper room mess me up the most. I hope there is a video soon. I got to the last 2 pellets and missed them because the jump from the quarter pipe is so odd.

This is by far the worst Achievement in the game. I swear I've spent the last 2 hours and have been so close to getting this, but I just have not been able to do it. I thought I had it one time, but apparently I broke my combo somewhere because the Achievement didn't unlock.

At the beginning of the combo make sure when you shoot over the half pipe grinding the rail that you instantly go into a manual. Additionally right after when you shoot up the quarter to the railing and you come off at the split of the hanger make sure you land in a grind as sometimes it lands you on the flat not immediately in a grind.

At the beginning of the combo make sure when you shoot over the half pipe grinding the rail that you instantly go into a manual. Additionally right after when you shoot up the quarter to the railing and you come off at the split of the hanger make sure you land in a grind as sometimes it lands you on the flat not immediately in a grind.

Thanks for the tips, but I finally just did it. By far the hardest Achievement in the game for me. Now I just need to do Completist and I am done.

Finally got this achievement, though I didn't really deserve it! I was bailing after jumping out of the chopper room! Back on my board I decided to grab the last manual pellets anyway and suddenly the achievement popped :confused:

Well, maybe the game wanted to reward me for my countless close attempts before. I certainly won't complain :woop: