Unicorn Chance - T10 Bounty

SatNiteEduardo

There is currently a T10 bounty event.

Its the monthly rivals event called High Noon Saloon. Sedans at Alps Club against the guy who designed the track.

His FINAL time is 1.20.259 in the Mercedes 190E.

Deadline: Friday Aug 17th 8am PST

Good tunes for that car are:

ONR lowrider - stable

F1415182235 - quick but loose. Driver needs to work hard and do many laps.

M3 Rocket - best mix of stability and speed.

I used F1415182235 to set a 1.19.59 and most guys setting times around there are using that tune.

In short I would recommend the following:

Easy to drive - ONR lowrider (I set 1.20.2)

Intermediate - M3 Rocket (I have set a 1.19.8)

Fast and loose - F1415182235 (I have set 1.19.59 and have run a 1.19.4 with rewind)

Currently the car winning the vote is the R34 Mines GTR.

Official thread here http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5636151.aspx

Edited by SatNiteEduardo

Thanks. I ran a 1:21:5 in only a few laps. I used the ONR lowrider set up. It is incredibly stable compared to my terrible setup. I use a Microsoft wheel and pedals and generally suffer from overstear but not with this recommend setup. Could probably do 1/2 sec quicker, or try a different setup depending on what the bounty does. Thanks again.

There is a new tune people can try - VVV Worm. I ran 1.19.38 with it.

I have gone back to F14s tune to run 1.19.327.

I have a video of one of my older laps here showing that people need to use the full width of the track. I do not mean cutting corner or running wide but I have seen people staying in the middle of the road way too much. Use the full strip of tarmac.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDgQNbssVFA]High Noon Saloon - Forza Bounty hunter - YouTube[/ame]

Will you post in here if he goes faster? I wish the online LBs allowed you to sort via favorites. I was able to beat his time in ONR's tune. I tried F14's (guess that guy has something against F16 falcons ?!? As it was the only US fighter number not in his user name) anyhow, it was pretty aggressive you definately feel on the edge in that tune, especially after trying to master lines in ONR tune. I also tried Khronokai's, but I felt I would spend the time on them if I had to.

I found I'd rather spend my limited Forza time in the C9 so unless I need to improve my time I'm done with this one especially for the r34 i wouldnt mind a dup r32. I would definately try harder for the 32. I do commend all those that have taken it to 1:19s. I've upped my r1 and x class ovals, satnite will take any of those, but i got a few top 50s and I really can't wait to take it through medium to long fast tracks like Road America, La Sarthe, Sebring etc.

You can sort by favorites. When on the leaderboard keep pressing X. japandru is on my favorites list but he also has photos on his storefront.

I will post if he improves.

If you preferred ONR tune to F14s I would recommend M3 Rocket or VVV Worm. They are a better mix of speed and stability in my opinion compared to the tame ONR tune.

F14s is what I call a free flowing tune.

Pervasive I think I know how to smash my Road America time in the Sauber. Will help at all fast circuit tracks if it works. It involves sim steering. I believe the Sauber can handle the sharp inputs.

I just need to rest my thumb for a few days before trying lol.

My new time of 1.19.327 in this event did not come cheap. Packet of Panadeine and still feel the pain even though the run was a few hours ago lol. There is a guy on my friends list in the 18s and the top 2 times are in the 17s. How the flock they do it is beyond me.

So you beat my R1 times or just my old X times?

I look forward to the Sauber in X at Motegi. That will be fun!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I beat any of your times. Only one I know I got in you is the c class MOTEGI and thats your tune so your on the board with my time. I'm pretty sure once you take the c9 to x, you'll be taking those times. I guess I'm going to have to bust out sim steering.

I was just saying I was moving on from bounty to x, I know I tend to hover at .2- .4 seconds behind you so like protagonist, I'll push till the point of frustration then move to the next. Got 70% to go on bucket list. But I figured I can get merc affinity up in this car doing ovals something I'm descent at (in a top 100 guy) and I feel it's going to be a good x class circuit. I wasn't throwing out a challenge or anything. I know how that is going to end. You game is steped up and mine hasn't. I'll have the occasional victories. But it will only be a function of you quitting at it but for the time being until you get to doing them our club LB ranking in x is respectable until you get the time to beat mine. (been using thunder kaboom's he's a top 25 in case you want to look up his real user name and tunes)

* I sort by favorite all the time on Xbox LB, I was talkin about not on the Xbox but from my iPhone or laptop to see if Andrew beats the time. I don't get much time to sleep during the week let alone get on Xbox to check. Via Internet (non Xbox) it is top scores, friends, club. No favorites. So I can't quickly see if I need to take a shot at it with out turning on the Xbox.

I did around 20 laps in 3 sessions yesterday. The longest one being the chase after Pervasive.

Everytime I was ahead but ended up messing my lap. It was quite annoying.

I'm using M3 Rocket tune but it could be slightly better since I hit the limiter for around 1 or 2 seconds before braking at the bottom of the hill.

Pervasive, were you at the top of your game? I find it suspicious how slow you are on the way up (till a certain turn that is). But you are impressive at the last corner, I don't get how you can brake so late/hard/outside, while still keeping more speed than I do on the inside lane.

I did around 20 laps in 3 sessions yesterday. The longest one being the chase after Pervasive.

Everytime I was ahead but ended up messing my lap. It was quite annoying.

I'm using M3 Rocket tune but it could be slightly better since I hit the limiter for around 1 or 2 seconds before braking at the bottom of the hill.

Pervasive, were you at the top of your game? I find it suspicious how slow you are on the way up (till a certain turn that is). But you are impressive at the last corner, I don't get how you can brake so late/hard/outside, while still keeping more speed than I do on the inside lane.

I spent a bunch of laps dirty. So I chilled out a bit and went for slow and smooth. I chased NESmario pretty sure we were both in the same tune. I never but once got the village run good (70% consistently carring good speed) and I tended to get 1st turn better but he was using clutch, I wasn't so he always got an edge in 1st sector on me burning the slight lead I had out of turn 1, I was on 45% on the down hill turn. I had one keeper a probable 120 .5 but I lost it on the last turn of all freaking places where I may not have compared to Satnite I knew I was doing that one pretty descent (90% or better consistent). Learned what I was supposed to do through trial and error at the bottom of the downhill left the second left. Not even sure if my good lap demonstrated that or not. But in the ONR. It was slight break downshift into 4th and coast in 4th almost to second left , down shift into 3rd and gas through apex. More than once I blew past Mario there. Then the turn that killed me I never found my line. The right into the village. Mario always went right past me on it but I usually gained ground by being slower on the left up hill against him, by being on the gas sooner then he was. I think the down hill last turn I always did better. I did slightest brake pressure downshifted and coasted to the gas through apex.

I know that if I watched some one good in ONRs tune I probably would have been better. But I figured what I did on my own and seeing my 120 go away fustration set in. So I settled for what ever I finially got having never bested Mario. I'm not even sure which lap it was but I know Mario was in the same tune we had to change gears at the same exact time.

ONRs tune was a definately let off gas, coast, slow in fast out type of tune. (IMO) I never tried M3rockets so I don't know what his was like. I was more interested in getting in the c9. I never got that one good

Lap feeling so if I see Andrew has improved. I'm pretty sure I got some time in me.

Short answer, no there wasn't anything wow about my lap. Totally just settled. Probable 20-50 I would be a low 120 in that tune, but I would need to get the right into the village better then I ever have. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my time, so, it is what it is. I kind of want to watch my ghost now. But if I get in I'll probably watch it then get in the sauber x class and start going at road America in spirit of the race coming up.

You know me anyway. I'm in a r class car going around a fast turn track. Not a twisty turning A class car. And I got a GREAT new group c r1-x class car to play with. Well it was totally easy to settle on this one.

off topic Pervasive I can not dial in my car for Road America in R1 even with sim steering.

I have however slightly improved at Motegi Oval but not achieved my goal.

I find it intriguing that you have got me in straight line speed ... in my tunes lol but not where you have to turn a little sharper.

I posted an ovals video in the August dlc thread.

I thought the original deadline was today (8/16) at 8am pst...What's up with that. I would have taken it more serious and beat Jean Rob time :p (he was only a tenth) I tried out M3's, but I really didn't have my heart in it. Just tired from work.

Actually I realized how much I really didn't like driving that rivals, I was consistent 122's so I moved on to Road America X class, with out TCS for a 7 laps... pretty sure I want it on from this point, but I was surprised how well it handled in 1st while racing.