You. Will. Die. (Seriously)

LordDVS

Didn't see this anywhere here on the forums. Info on the new endgame raid boss, Terramorphous, The Invincible. I'm sure Gearbox has made some adjustments to the challenge level in lieu of the added Badass system.

This article goes into detail about the Game Changer skills, the [email protected] skills that look awesome! And the changes to how multiple playthroughs will provide more challenge this time around.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-13-why-gearbox-created-a-borderlands-2-boss-so-tough-its-nearly-invincible

*added article about Mechromancer "Girlfriend Mode"*

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-13-borderlands-2-gearbox-reveals-the-mechromancers-girlfriend-mode

Edited by LordDVS

Crawmerax was pretty much the hardest challenge the first Borderlands had to offer, and required a group of four maximum-level players all with high-level gear to take it down

Wrong. It only required a mod with ammo regen, good weapons, and the ledge glitch.

Which makes me wonder, will there be a new ledge glitch of some kind which will result in Terramorphous flailing his tentacles wildly?

I just hope this time around there aren't any little worm and crab enemies you have to ALSO fight while fighting the main boss. Those pissed me off since those were what downed me the majority of the time if I was trying to fight it legitimately.

Wow that thing looks and sounds intense. I can't wait to kill it. :uzi: There was some really cool information released in that article too. I had heard about the "game changer" abilities. But I wasn't sure what they were for each character. They sound really cool. :)

Yeah, the way they breakdown how the end of all the characters skill trees "define" them makes me really excited. When I kept hearing about how Salvadore was a "tank", I was curious as to how he would fit that role. I saw him flip the bird in older vids and thought that was cool-looking, but knowing now he mitigates 90% damage for a short time, while taunting mobs towards him sounds much more awesome!

The idea about how the following playthrough ups the enemies AI in addition to obligatory HP and damage/defense boosts has me hopeful. It is sad and true that once you hit lvl69 in BL, you kind of dominated everything with little effort.

They made a great game with Borderlands. It really looks like they put a whole lot of effort into boosting BL2 into an even greater game. It even sounds like they are making the 5th character, the Mechromancer, into an "Easy Mode/Hard Mode" experience:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-13-borderlands-2-gearbox-reveals-the-mechromancers-girlfriend-mode

Yeah, the way they breakdown how the end of all the characters skill trees "define" them makes me really excited. When I kept hearing about how Salvadore was a "tank", I was curious as to how he would fit that role. I saw him flip the bird in older vids and thought that was cool-looking, but knowing now he mitigates 90% damage for a short time, while taunting mobs towards him sounds much more awesome!

The idea about how the following playthrough ups the enemies AI in addition to obligatory HP and damage/defense boosts has me hopeful. It is sad and true that once you hit lvl69 in BL, you kind of dominated everything with little effort.

They made a great game with Borderlands. It really looks like they put a whole lot of effort into boosting BL2 into an even greater game. It even sounds like they are making the 5th character, the Mechromancer, into an "Easy Mode/Hard Mode" experience:

I agree with the points you stated. Thanks for linking the article about the Mechromancer. She is sounding more and more intriguing as time goes by. I didn't even consider doing a separate playthrough with the different characters in BL1. I used Mordecai on playthrough 1 and then 2. But didn't have a desire to play through the game a 3rd time with a different class after getting their unique achievements. This game is making me seriously consider doing multiple playthroughs with all of the characters. That definitely includes the Mechromancer. It's an intriguing idea to simultaneously have a character type that is set up as the "noob friendly" and "hardcore elite player" builds. I'm really looking forward to seeing some gameplay vids of her in the coming months.

I feel the same way. I'm going to miss my little homicidal pet. He was awesome. :p

I never really felt him. I was from the "In yo face!" camp, rolling with Lillith. A well built Lillith gets her rocks off by phasewalking, and watching bandits faces melt off from all the obscene amounts of Elemental Damage pouring out from her. All the while, regenerating full health before exploding back into real time, and almost instantly regaining a cooled down Class Skill, ready to use again!

Mya has some big boobs... er, big boots to fill!

I never really felt him. I was from the "In yo face!" camp, rolling with Lillith. A well built Lillith gets her rocks off by phasewalking, and watching bandits faces melt off from all the obscene amounts of Elemental Damage pouring out from her. All the while, regenerating full health before exploding back into real time, and almost instantly regaining a cooled down Class Skill, ready to use again!

lmao That's great. I never played with the Lilith much in BL1. I'm going to give all the characters a shot this time. I look forward to seeing how good Maya is. Btw speaking of Lilith's boobs. Do you remember in the Knoxx DLC there was a shack with a wanted poster of Lilith on the wall. It had mesmerizing nipple covers on it. :p I was laughing insanely hard the first time I saw that.

Same here, always preferred using Lilith. She was an ass kicker of the highest order and itching to play as Maya. Seeing Lilith (with wings!?!?!:eek:) in the trailer was pretty sweet.

OT: Crawmerax kicked my ass over and over. Until a kind soul from the forums here had an "I win gun" that made the fight a breeze :p All I had to do was stay alive and collect the goodies afterward.

Looking forward to absolutely everything in the new game!

Btw speaking of Lilith's boobs. Do you remember in the Knoxx DLC there was a shack with a wanted poster of Lilith on the wall. It had mesmerizing nipple covers on it. :p I was laughing insanely hard the first time I saw that.

I just finished Knoxx (Started over on Steam out of boredom) a day ago. I was laughing at the revelation that off all the wanted posters, hers didn't focus on her face, but her boobs.

lol! those clever, sexist (insert GF Mode joke here) bastards @Gearbox! :p

Same here, always preferred using Lilith. She was an ass kicker of the highest order and itching to play as Maya. Seeing Lilith (with wings!?!?!:eek:) in the trailer was pretty sweet.

OT: Crawmerax kicked my ass over and over. Until a kind soul from the forums here had an "I win gun" that made the fight a breeze :p All I had to do was stay alive and collect the goodies afterward.

Looking forward to absolutely everything in the new game!

Admittedly, that's how I finally defeated Crawmerax. I didn't have a group of friends who played BL initially, and didn't trust random games. A guy duped me a couple of weapon and shields, that I swore to only use for farming Crawmerax only. I really want to do Terramorphous legit though!

Edited by LordDVS