The Crucible Guide

Bahroo3

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the levels carry over and you need to be level 25 for the last set to open up.

I would recommend playing the first world until you get the death grip before going for the full 100 in one sitting.

I found out the hard way that you need that item to get to wicked k as i had beat all 100 before that item was obtained. couldn't get to wicked k and had to exit the game to get out of the crucible. this caused me to lose the weapon that one gets for beating wave 100.

the levels carry over and you need to be level 25 for the last set to open up.

I would recommend playing the first world until you get the death grip before going for the full 100 in one sitting.

I found out the hard way that you need that item to get to wicked k as i had beat all 100 before that item was obtained. couldn't get to wicked k and had to exit the game to get out of the crucible. this caused me to lose the weapon that one gets for beating wave 100.

Thanks for the info and the tip. Sounds like a good plan.

Aftermath seems to give somewhere around 8-10 reaper energy per hit, it gives less than Harvest at 12 per hit.

What does the Hammer of the Deposed King do? I only have the Scepter.

Achidna's Fangs are not good weapons damage wise but the passive gives health steal to your primary, skills and itself.

Didn't see the health steal at the top of the list I apologize.

I have a few extra wrath steal weapons if you need one, wrath steal is way to good not to have.

If you still have a wrath steal item to send I'd appreciate it! LasherMX thanks!

Does that mean that I can save any time and come back to same wave, but void achievement this way? This doesn't really answer my question LOL

Sorry I thought it was clear enough, I'll explain further. This is a spoiler. So if you care about that I'll put it in a tag to be safe.

[spoiler=Wicked]In order to get the achievement for defeating Wicked K you must complete all 100 waves in a single session. This unlocks the hidden boss fight. You have to defeat him in order to get it.

As to your question about being able to stop at anytime and return later: yes you can do that. Once you've cleared a group of 25 you can start there on a return trip. So if you get to wave 89 and quit/die, you will be able to start at wave 75 since it's like a checkpoint. Hopefully that's more clear. :)

And obviously you get the option to quit every 5 waves and take the loot. But if you do you'll have to start over at wave 1.

Another set of questions (sorry, getting a bit confused):

1. Can you work through the Crucible in chunks? (i.e. do 25 waves, then come back to it later and do 25-50 and so on?). If you do it this way do you still get the "Complete crucible" achievement?

2. If you die on, say, stage 32 do you get reverted back to stage 1 or 25? Do you get the choice?

3. I understand the hidden boss only becomes available if you do all 100 waves in one sitting. If he kills you do you have to do all 100 waves again or can you just have another go at fighting him?

Thanks!

Another set of questions (sorry, getting a bit confused):

1. Can you work through the Crucible in chunks? (i.e. do 25 waves, then come back to it later and do 25-50 and so on?). If you do it this way do you still get the "Complete crucible" achievement?

2. If you die on, say, stage 32 do you get reverted back to stage 1 or 25? Do you get the choice?

3. I understand the hidden boss only becomes available if you do all 100 waves in one sitting. If he kills you do you have to do all 100 waves again or can you just have another go at fighting him?

Thanks!

to get the complete the crucible achievement you can do it in chunks, doesnt matter if you die as long as you complete each set of 25. if you make it to wicked k and die im pretty sure you can select to fight him right off the bat when you tell the guy you want to choose your own path.

to get the complete the crucible achievement you can do it in chunks, doesnt matter if you die as long as you complete each set of 25. if you make it to wicked k and die im pretty sure you can select to fight him right off the bat when you tell the guy you want to choose your own path.

Fantastic, thanks :) In which case I'll work my way through the Crucible for those 30Gs but give the 'Wicked K' one a miss. Seems like a major headache for only 10Gs heh.

You get it from killing Argul in the Kingdom of the Dead. He's in the location Lair of the Deposed King. You get this and 3 other side quests from Thane after you defeat him in a sparring match.

Is it the big guy at the end? From him i got the spear of the deposed king i think

Fantastic, thanks :) In which case I'll work my way through the Crucible for those 30Gs but give the 'Wicked K' one a miss. Seems like a major headache for only 10Gs heh.

if you have a level 30 character and a well made possessed scythe you can blow through the 100 rounds in around 45 minutes if you play on easy. for the last fight i just used my reaper and it was over in a matter of seconds.

Hammer of the deposed king is pretty useful in the crucible, but getting to level 25+ and making a possessed weapon with ice damage can be better if you know what you are doing. . . Having Health Steal, extra critical damage, as well as maybe piercing damage goes along nicely with the ice effect :)

I posted this to answer someone asking about how to get possessed items. It really belongs in this guide too I think.

The key to getting the right level weapon is choosing when to grab the prize. Here is how it breaks down.

Every 5 waves the weapon or item level of the chest prize increases by one.

• 5th wave prize = level 11 items.
  • 10th wave prize = level 12 items
  • 50th wave prize = level 20 items
  • 55th wave prize = level 21 items
  • 60th wave prize = level 22 items.

You get the picture now!

Another note: The more waves you do at once the more items pop out of the chest increasing your chances for a better lott. Upto 5 items can pop out at once.

Edited by LasherM

Another note: The more waves you do at once the more items pop out of the chest increasing your chances for a better lot. I'm not certain but I think it's one item per 5 waves! So if you start at wave one and go till 50, 10 items pop out of the chest. I can't totally confirm this but I did exactly that w1-50 and a whole ton of stuff poped out of the chest!

I can confirm, however, that doing waves 1-100 again in one sitting does not give you 20 items. I got 3 weapons and 2 pieces of armor...was expecting much much more from doing it again.

I officially have nothing left to possibly do in DS II until DLC.

I can confirm, however, that doing waves 1-100 again in one sitting does not give you 20 items. I got 3 weapons and 2 pieces of armor...was expecting much much more from doing it again.

I officially have nothing left to possibly do in DS II until DLC.

Cool thanks for confirming that. I had no way to be sure at the time because I could only do 50 waves at once when I wrote the original post.