September Pennzoil Car Pack

SatNiteEduardo

I thought the current racing vipers were r2, what do you do to get them to r3 heavy rims? I know there was one aqua/blue/green colored one that was right on the bubble.

Well you can do that to get the R2 vipers into R3 but there are 2 Vipers already in R3. One is painted in the Mopar colours and one is my favorite looking race car being mainly black.

I have left 2 of my R3 career double heat races for the new Vipers. I will try to "hand tune" them which will be interesting. Although given what I did last night after starting with a spreadsheet base tune I think it will be quicker without using the spreadsheet lol.

OK now that the XBox live is on again and the pack available, I managed to play it a bit.

2013 Viper #91 SRT Motorsport GTS-R - Nice, but not very exciting. Too good for its own sake :/

1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR - Not bad to drive, but there's no way I'm paying 9 millions for that!

1983 GMC Vandura G-1500 - Upgraded to B500 to compete with my Ford Super Transit. Quite fun to drive on Laguna Seca.

1968 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale - The icing on the cake. Definitely sweet looking, very fun to drive but extremely expensive! 3 millions?!

I ended up paying because this has potential and a trump card.

THAT GLORIOUS ENGINE NOISE! I think it might have the best sound of any naturally aspirated engine in Forza 4... Upgrade the camshaft to let the revs build up even more and the engine produces a majestic sound.

The only problem is the huge understeer that I can't suppress. On Road Atlanta, it's so bad that the car can't even turn at the light right bend on the long straight.

SatNite, if you want to give a shot at tuning the springs, be my guest ;)

Deadline? I have posted a time already but that being one of my favorite tracks I want to work on it some more but that may be next weekend for me.

**edited to add:

I see I'm last of our club of those that did it, no suprise there. Pretty sure I got the ability to match NESmario's time in me, problem was i was messing with a tuned one first. So Is the whole club going to get in the act?

*** took another second off and still haven't done a good lap yet. I think a 2:07.5-2:08 is possible.

Edited by PervasiveFall8

2.08.8 is definitely possible in the Viper.

I was thinking stock GT cars. Don't we have the full field now?

But anything anyone wants to do. I propose for the whole month we try and nail as good a time as possible in the viper rival event.

I was thinking stock racing on the weekend. And because its stock there would be no need to race nice since no leaderboards will be threatened.

I am getting closer to your prediction. 2.08.4 and can still see a little room for improvement.

Once again how the bleep they can do a 2.06.2 is beyond me lol

I have no idea. I watch their replays but im fairly confident if I did everything as perfect in my way (I'd have to do a lot more track time)I'd be able to get a sub 208 

Is there a particular time that you had in mind this weekend?

I'm starting to warm up to the stock PI  ALMS race cars . GTC black swan porche after rival challenge at Sebring, the LMPC Road Atlanta, etc. 

R3- GT cars used to give me all sorts of problems, but I'm starting to have fun learning how to race with them stock in there normal setup for the real class. I usually do ok with them maxed out with someone's tune to the top of the class but I'm really starting to like them at their original PI. The LMP1 cars can be just throttled through but it takes a bit more finess for the GT cars. I'm hoping that translates to better lap times with all the cars for me. Manual w/ clutch is becoming more natural, but I still hate it in braking as I'm not maximizing the engine braking still so I've spent a lot more time than normal skidding in breaking zones. But I've come a long way with it, getting a bit more competitive. I just wish I had the time that I was pouring in to it in the past. Finially getting the finess and I have barely have the time to play. 

Let me know when your going to get on an ill join you for a run or two. 

I'd love to see a stock race with a bunch of club members and others. The races in June were a blast and I think everyone in sort of even tuning setups would make it real competive at least for the first lap :D

*** sorry this was a multiple post on an iPhone so if it came across as gibberish, sorry