darkburn

Stupid chickens. I haven't won once yet in 15+ attempts. So clucking annoying.

Clucking annoying... -snickers-

This achievement definitely seems more about chance--

though I was lucky enough to get it on my second try,

I know quite a few people still having trouble with this. Literally losing one after the other. :I

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needed some money for expensive clothes so I bet some money there and right now, I won 4 of 5 tries (Lost the first, then won 4 bets in a row) but I completely choose randomly.

Just loose at my sixth try so my best will be 4 in a row.

Edited by davhuit

• 2 weeks later...

Square Enix can fucking shove this Gambler challenge right up their horrible stinkholes. I've won two out of about 20 fights and no strategy is working regularly. It would seem the odds are just mercilessly stacked against the player regardless which is total bullshit.

Honestly, what is it with these sandbox games and having shitty gambling minigames that you need to win an unreasonable amount of money on for an achievement? If I wanted to play poker I'd get out a pack of fucking cards ffs. Cunts.

no theory works

just keep picking the same one (black) and fight through the boredom and you should win 1 out of 2 or at least 1 out of 3.

it's also best to wait until you get far enough in the game so you have your crib near the high stakes cockfight

i was getting pretty frustrated with this gambler challenge and so i tested a theory while playing mahjong last night and these are the results:

- bet the max amount of money ($5000)

- play the game

- if you have the better hand then let the game finish

- if the computer has the better hand then cancel out of the game by hitt the "B" button and selecting "Yes" when it asks you if you're sure (you need to be quick as there's not much time to do this)

the upside to this strategy is that your net gambling performance stat will never decrease if this is done correctly.

the downside is that you will still lose the money that you bet when you cancel out of the game.

this is the fastest way to do this challenge and will help you towards getting the "Solid Silver" and "Pure Gold" achievements. if anyone else can find a better and faster way to do this challenge then please let us know.

Not the fastest way. The absolute most you can win in any one hand of Mahjong is 20,000 (25K for 5 of a kind - 5000 buy in). Even if you win virtually every hand you will be making about 5K to 10K most hands.

The fastest way is to start betting on cockfighting after you have the Kennedy house. Save before you bet. Bet 100,000. If you win save again. If you lose, bet one more time and reload your save if you lose that. You will load in the Kennedy house which is an extremely short drive from the cockfighting ring.

As long as your coin flip luck isn't extremely terrible it won't take long to get to 1 million in winnings.

OT: I'm not sure your guide actually works. I think that the people that are having success with it are just getting lucky. I started paying attention to breeds to figure out a system and noticed over time in my game that no matter what the match-up everything evens out to 50/50 even when accounting for wins/losses. For instance: I saw Jersey Giants and Brahamas fight 20 times and the Brahama won 12 of those (each time their win totals were within 1 of each other). Your guide suggests the Giant should have won most of them.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've had birds with several more wins, AND being the class that is, according to this guide, supposed to win, and they still lost. I say just bet on whatever bird you like better, based on whatever factors you want, and hope for the best. If you lose, reload, if you win then save. Someone mentioned waiting for the Kennedy safe house to try this; that's the best piece of advice I got from this. I was just cabbing it before.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

following this didn't work for me, actually going solely by this I had a pretty bad losing streak.

In the end I mixed this with betting on the underdog strategy.

I would see which of the 2 chickens should win according to this list but only bet if the difference in wins was more than 3. Won about 90% of the time. Just saved after each fight and relaxed if needed.

• 3 weeks later...
Not the fastest way. The absolute most you can win in any one hand of Mahjong is 20,000 (25K for 5 of a kind - 5000 buy in). Even if you win virtually every hand you will be making about 5K to 10K most hands.

The fastest way is to start betting on cockfighting after you have the Kennedy house. Save before you bet. Bet 100,000. If you win save again. If you lose, bet one more time and reload your save if you lose that. You will load in the Kennedy house which is an extremely short drive from the cockfighting ring.

As long as your coin flip luck isn't extremely terrible it won't take long to get to 1 million in winnings.

OT: I'm not sure your guide actually works. I think that the people that are having success with it are just getting lucky. I started paying attention to breeds to figure out a system and noticed over time in my game that no matter what the match-up everything evens out to 50/50 even when accounting for wins/losses. For instance: I saw Jersey Giants and Brahamas fight 20 times and the Brahama won 12 of those (each time their win totals were within 1 of each other). Your guide suggests the Giant should have won most of them.

I used your load/save strategy and it worked great. I chose the rooster with the most wins and it won most of the time, OP's guide is complete nonsense.

I am trying to figure the strategy as well so I color coded your guide but found some interesting results.

Check my thread that I made.

Click here.

Breeds

Croad Langshan

Jersey Giant

Rhode Island Leghorn

Buckeye Brahma

Langshan beats Giant but loses to Leghorn and Brahma

Giant beats Brahama and Leghorn but loses to Langshan

Leghorn beats Langshan but loses to Giant

Brahma beats Leghorn and Langshan but loses to Giant

I will defnitely try this out when I get my copy today. Thanks for this!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not the newest thread but thought I'd share how I just did this. Use the Kennedy Docks Cockfighting as already stipulated. Keep going into the fight, and wait for the White Cock to be called Chow Tai. Bet on this rooster everytime - I went 7-0 saving after each fight and had to reload twice for my remaining 3 wins.

Not a perfect strategy but as close to as I could work out, and hey - it worked for me :drunk

• 2 months later...

I ended up trying all of this and none of it worked. I had no idea that the money you lost counted against you prior to losing it, so ended up losing about 300K. So I gave up on the cock fighting and ended up playing about 50,000 games of mahjong. Had to make 1.3 mil, basically. What a damn nightmare. If I never see a game of mahjong again, it will be too soon.

I ended up trying all of this and none of it worked. I had no idea that the money you lost counted against you prior to losing it, so ended up losing about 300K. So I gave up on the cock fighting and ended up playing about 50,000 games of mahjong. Had to make 1.3 mil, basically. What a damn nightmare. If I never see a game of mahjong again, it will be too soon.

No offence to the OP, but the guide is a load of bunk. The fights are completely random.

Do what I did: go to the cockfights in Kennedy Town and save before making a bet. Pick a cock and stick with it. I heard if you go black, you never go back. If you win, save again; if you don't, reload and you'll spawn at your pad in Kennedy Town, which isn't far from the cockfights (couple seconds drive).

Btw, the game isn't mahjong, but poker mahjong, i.e. poker using mahjong tiles. Mahjong is a completely different game, where the objective is to make as much of a racket as possible, as far as I can tell.

Like the title states - RANDOM -

I appreciate when someone makes a guide, but I must agree with so many others, this is random.

I have made several million off the cockfighting, & the only thing that seems to work is betting on the Underdog! LOL, but that isn't certain.

Sometimes I start betting & lose them all, other times I win more.

Need I say it again? RANDOM & LUCK only :confused:

Using this "guide" and I use that term very loosely, I managed to win 5/12 fights. I don't for one second believe that there is any strategy involved with winning any of these fights, and breed, what the the owners say or number of wins the bird has bares absolutely any factor on the outcome, it's completely random. When I obtain my gold Gambler award I will post my final results.

Ok so just got the gold award and the results are...

9/18 wins or 50/50 or just simply RANDOM!

Edited by The Big LT