Buy Fallout 3 or New Vegas?

duff28

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it depends on what you're looking for if you want more content and better gameplay new vegas is the one you want, but if you'd rather like a better story, better quests and more interesting characters fallout 3 is the one you want. but if you can afford it just by both, they are both really fun games that everyone should try out:)

• 2 weeks later...
if you are talking about xbox, get both they are amazing games. if you mean computer get new vegas because most computers these days can't play FO3.

Huh? What do you mean? I'm running them both on a Mac in Crossover just fine, albeit with the Tale of Two Wastelands mod, but I see no reason why a PC user should have any issue when I'm playing it on a computer that's not even supported. Just make sure you have at least 2GB of RAM, because both Fallouts eat RAM, 4+ GB with NVSE or FOSE 4GB enabler is best if you have it.

Well they are both good games but I think fallout 3 is much better. It has a better story, setting and better npcs. New Vegas is also tons of fun but it just doesn't have the impact like fallout 3 did for me.

I have played fallout 3 several times and new Vegas twice. But you should play both because they are awesome and the dlc's are also really good!

• 2 weeks later...

They are both good but have some differences. Fallout 3 is more about wandering in the wastelands and exploring locations with less than 20 side quests but the main story is very good.

NV has more than 70 side quests with little less of exploration. But it has a better gameplay including hardcore mode, weapons mods and factions standings. One small thing though, NV DLCs tend to corrupt save games sometimes, so my advice is to install the main game, play until you reach level 30, then install the DLCs and continue your game saving very often.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found them both amazing games. I missed things of the other one every time I was playing one of them. I also think Skyrim is awesome.

In my opinion, you should go and buy both of them. They're so alike that it's unlikely you're going to enjoy one of them and not the other one. Besides, they should be quite cheap by now. I recently bought New Vegas for PC for $4. :D

I found them both amazing games. I missed things of the other one every time I was playing one of them. I also think Skyrim is awesome.

In my opinion, you should go and buy both of them. They're so alike that it's unlikely you're going to enjoy one of them and not the other one. Besides, they should be quite cheap by now. I recently bought New Vegas for PC for $4. :D

Make sure to load it up with mods! That's what the PC version is all about. If you haven't yet, check out: newvegas.nexusmods.com

They have like 10,000 mods (although, there are a lot of crap ones in there). Also, if you have Fallout 3, check out Tale of Two wastelands, so you can play FO3 inside of New Vegas (turns it into a giant DLC for NV, with all the new features of NV).

Make sure to load it up with mods! That's what the PC version is all about. If you haven't yet, check out: newvegas.nexusmods.com

They have like 10,000 mods (although, there are a lot of crap ones in there). Also, if you have Fallout 3, check out Tale of Two wastelands, so you can play FO3 inside of New Vegas (turns it into a giant DLC for NV, with all the new features of NV).

I always played Fallout 3 and New Vegas on my 360, but it seems there's plenty of new things to do on PC! Thanks, I'll look into it! :)