Speedway Event: Tuners of Japan

Silentless

What cars can be used in this event that can win it? Without them being the unicorn cars (HKS Evo, Top Secret Supra) This is the only event I am having problems with in the game as I do not know, or own any of the cars that can realistically complete the event.

Any help or even if someone could add me to their club that has the car so I can borrow it for the event would be more than helpful.

The only car on the opponent list that isn't a unicorn is the RMR Genesis.

Aside from that, any Mugen Honda is eligible, along with Mazdaspeed, and apparently the Mazda Furai too.

Either try the RMR since its an R3 to begin with or just set the restrictions to open and use the Furai, it's a stupid event anyway because the fact is the RMR is the only non-unicorn car in the right class.

Thank you for this information, once I obtain all the Ferrari's (Which I am very close too) then I will buy it, even though it's only an S class car I'm sure some upgrades for the event will be allowed at least and yeah I agree it is a stupid event, or at least making the Evo an unicorn car was.

I went and did all the Speedway events today and honest situation on the Tuners of Japan one, the Top Secret Supra is the only one that has a chance in hell of winning. It's a horrible car with zero stability at any speed (perfect example of utterly retarded levels of power) but I had it doing 243 mph into the last braking zone on Sunset Peninsula and it has earth shattering torque at any speed and all revs.

Off the starting line I had to apply 25% throttle or it would just sit there spinning the rears, and until you get heat into them it's the same deal through the bankings or at any time you're in 4th or lower.

I tried the Mazda Furai before the Supra and it tops out at 175, you'll be locked in a back-and-forth with the HKS Evo lap after lap in the best case.

If you don't have the Supra then you're basically going to have to "cheat". Set the difficulty to easy, set the Class Restriction to open and upgrade the RMR fully. You could try disabling upgraded AI cars too but I think the Supra does 243mph as is (I don't remember ever upgrading the engine on mine) so that might not make a lick of difference.

Like I said before, stupid event. Most of the tuners are unicorns and the only one that can compete is basically a Veyron killer.

The Furai destroys the competition on all but sunset speedway. I got a solid third place. But almost a second slower on a quick speedway tune (slid the gearing down to where 4th was almost edge, set aero to minimums, but still tops out less the 200mph and sunset demands top end speed.

The Furai was built for turning not top speed so with that in mind, I was sure it would win hands down in the other two events and it did no problem.

I use TPR's tune on the Furai. I believe there is an open source tune for it on the official so you can use that.

On Motegi I never let up on the throttle. You do need to worry about the AI as they tend to drift to the outside of the turns so it is best to pass them in the inside. I lapped all AI, including both supra's by lap 12, I think it took 2.5 laps to be in the lead as they do have some serious straight line speed.

I lapped all but the evo and supra's on Sedona.

I'm not sure what the non uni would be to beat the supra on sunset yet

If you don't have the Supra then you're basically going to have to "cheat". Set the difficulty to easy, set the Class Restriction to open and upgrade the RMR fully. You could try disabling upgraded AI cars too but I think the Supra does 243mph as is (I don't remember ever upgrading the engine on mine) so that might not make a lick of difference.

I really wish I could remember what I did the first time I beat this event. Because I did not have the Supra and did not fiddle with the AI cars or open the class restriction.

I have no idea what difficulty I had it on because my difficulty has been adjusted at various stages during my career.

I will try this event again but I can not remember having difficulty with it.

Mazda Mx-5 (205ish- 180 in last turn) is available and there are some tunes are on storefronts under "Tuners of Japan". But I was unable to beat the supra's. There is something curious going on in last lap, so if you can do all 44sec. Laps you'd have a chance. I took 2nd place just after start/ finish of the last lap. A Mines look like it was stopped and The supra's which were 1,500 and 2000 ft in front weren't anymore, I passed into second and almost first at the first turn. But I ended in my normal third. I'm pretty sure with practice, I could get first. But it would take some luck on passing areas and full knowledge on how to run best lap times with the car. But if it wasn't for the "incident" on last lap start finish, the supra should win. (kind of like Dyson racing beating the Muscle Milk HPD, ya it's possible, but a battle on paper the HPD wins.)

I tried: a couple diff tunes on Mazda mx7, mugen Honda... Nothing is a dead ringer like the Furai is in the other 2. Not sure if taking simulation off would help any?

** SatNite- I think it was on an easier AI level when you did it... ?

Edited by PervasiveFall8

** SatNite- I think it was on an easier AI level when you did it... ?

Maybe but Skyline implies more than that is needed but maybe it depends on which car is used.

I did not use Furai because with class restrictions on it does not qualify.

I vaguely remember doing something with a Mazda RX8 and maybe the RMR Genesis.

Maybe but Skyline implies more than that is needed but maybe it depends on which car is used.

I don't use tunes remember. I tried the Furai on Sunset Peninsula and it topped at 175 and since that track is full throttle all the time I quit and used the Supra. I didn't want to use it at first because I had tried it once before and it was the definition of a horrible car but I got used to it after that race so I never bothered to try the Furai on the other ovals.

I didn't experiment with all the AI setting either just because I don't like that event to begin with and I was just trying to knock it out of the way quickly, which is why I suggested just trying everything to beat it.

If it was on easy, I would have beat the supra's on sunset. They brake in the middle of the D on professional. On easy they would be easy to beat, for a good driver an tuned mx5, rx8 (only goes to S class). I was 1sec per lap. Slow. Slowly whittling down with practice. That night. (I won tonight with the AI set to hard. So takashi best lap time is just .3 better then mine, he led 4 laps I led 4, took one to catch him, the 1st turn and the middle of the D is where I made up most ground. And I had to exit the last turn real well or he would pass me right before the start/ finish line. (supra best was 44.7 on hard, which I do that last time I tried just not this outing, pretty sure it was a 43.7 on professional)

(not sure if the Hyundai has enough for the supra at that level. The Mx5 was doing 203-205 into the last turn, 180-185 in the first turn. I don't think the Hyundai even gets that high)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...