if you could make a video game movie?

ckingvengence

if you could make a movie of any video game, what would it be?(can be one which has already been made, for example resident evil, and from any console) and who would you cast in the main roles?

for me it would have to be jackie chan's adventure on the nes and in the main role it would be jackie chan. (sorry i just couldn't think but i'm curious about your choices).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heavy Rain.

I mean, it's half way there already, might as well take it all the way.

Same with Metal Gear Solid, but there's one of those on the way already. Easiest script writing job ever?

Alan Wake would be a pretty cool movie I reckon. Having said that, I've not finished it yet, so the rest of the story that I haven't seen could be shite...

Same with Metal Gear Solid, but there's one of those on the way already. Easiest script writing job ever?

Dear god don't jinx it x.x Just because it's based on a game with an amazing story, doesn't mean the (movie) writers give a crap and stick to the story instead of weaving their own, often much crappier tale because they have an ego. It's what happens to games with an easier story to follow than games like Heavy Rain, MGS, Deus Ex, etc, and still the story would get altered or flat out butchered for a movie.

• 2 weeks later...
I do like the Resident Evil movies, but as a whole, maybe a little disappointed in them. I wouldn't be against a reboot... usually, I HATE reboots!

I think about how I'd do a Resident Evil movie reboot quite often for some reason. Probably because the movies are awful.

I'd probably change the series name to Biohazard so it's not associated in any way with the Resident Evil movies for the people who don't know jack about the games.

There's definitely a whole lotta story going on in those games, even if it doesn't always make sense.

I always thought Bioshock could be a cool movie, though since it is a first person shooter it really doesn't matter who is cast.

This - I believe there was going to be one but got cancelled over the rating of the movie and a few disagreements. I'd love a bioshock movie, but it would have to start where the book does and could maybe be a trilogy? Or maybe start where Bioshock does and make a prequel like the book.