FAQs - Look Here Before Asking Questions

highpass

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I am tempted to get in on this idiot agrument, I digress, I have passed the "Paragon/Renegade" glitch point, but I have about 55-60% (based upon the status bar thingy) in the Paragon, and I haven't finished the Feros part of the story yet, does anyone know if it is still possible/easy for me to make decisions which will get me the Paragon AND Renegade?

It is impossible to get paragon and renegade in the same game without glitching, there are two glitches for paragon though, if you haven't recovered the data module in the other system in the same cluster as Feros. You can do a trick with a monkey to give you max paragon. It is still possible for you to get the paragon achievement without glitching though.

It is impossible to get paragon and renegade in the same game without glitching, there are two glitches for paragon though, if you haven't recovered the data module in the other system in the same cluster as Feros. You can do a trick with a monkey to give you max paragon. It is still possible for you to get the paragon achievement without glitching though.

Are you sure it's impossible to get paragon and renegade achievements in the same game without glitching? My first playthrough I had over 75% renegade and around 50% paragon, and I didn't get Completionist until Illos (I know I missed a lot of side missions). I don't know for sure that you can get both in one playthrough, but you can definitely get close if you do all the side missions.

• 2 weeks later...

I wondered, when you gain a level, you are able to put points in different skills, one of them is First Aid. I would to know how this skill actually work, cause I can understand everyone heal when I click on ''Y'' , but I see I can put points for every characters in this skill...but I know I can use each character so they heal themself...the point is, does all my squad members heal of a different amount and this amount depend on how many points I put in First Aid?

Also, I would like to know some advide about wich ammo I should use, or weapon/armor upgrades! Cause I can't find any way to see if it's better to have +10% Wep Stab. or +5% Acc. ... I know that last question is a bit strange since I should just try to see what's the one I would prefer, but that's sound like a very complicated game (Well the way I see it at least) and could use some tips ;)

Thanks for help :)

Hello,

I found the following in the Q&A

Q: For the "Do x 75 Times" achievements, do I have to be in combat/affect an enemy?

A: In the case of biotics at least, yes, you do. Unless they're powers you cast on yourself, such as Barrier.

In the achievement guide it says

Lift MasteryUse biotic Lift 75 timesCreate an Adept character or any character with biotic powers. Use the power on a wall. Also, make sure you have adrenaline rush. Use all the powers, adrenaline rush, repeat all powers, and wait for them to recharge. YOU must do them, allies don't count.

I tried to get the lift-mastery achievement by following the guide, however I think the guide is incorrect and the Q&A is correct. How/Who can we change the guide?

Best Regards,

Theo

I tried to get the lift-mastery achievement by following the guide, however I think the guide is incorrect and the Q&A is correct. How/Who can we change the guide?

Theo

No lift can be done anywhere, as i recall, if not just use it on the Mako, must of the powers count on him, the only ability i dont recall working on him is Hacking and i am not sure Singularity (but i think it does), i only got the stasis achievement doing the mako trick anyway... Still lift is a really cool power, it probably pop out as you advance.

No lift can be done anywhere, as i recall, if not just use it on the Mako, must of the powers count on him, the only ability i dont recall working on him is Hacking and i am not sure Singularity (but i think it does), i only got the stasis achievement doing the mako trick anyway... Still lift is a really cool power, it probably pop out as you advance.

That guide definetly needs some editing, i spent 2 hours casting on walls and got fuck all for it, i dont like the idea of leaving it like that for even more people to waste time and get no reward. That guide should say cast these on either the citadel rapid transit signs or on the mako.

I have a question regarding the "Scholar" achievement.

Do codex entries carry on to the next playthrough? Or do I have to re-get all my entries?

They must be in the same playthrough, or at least thats what i know, they are all in the citadel, so just talk to everyone about everything.

if im a soldier can i buy a biotic amp and use it or do i have to make a new character

No, you have to make a new character with biotic powers, same thing with tech, once you get the do 75 times X ability, you can use that ability on a new character, same thing with weapons... For example once you get the lift achievement you can start with a soldier and add that ability.

I have a question regarding the "Scholar" achievement.

Do codex entries carry on to the next playthrough? Or do I have to re-get all my entries?

No they don't, you have to ask all the people again, just make sure you talk to Anderson about the Protheans while you are speaking with Nihilus.

On another note, how may playthroughs did it take people to get to level 60, I'm on my third, and I'm still about 100,000 exp away from level 60. Thanks.

That guide definetly needs some editing, i spent 2 hours casting on walls and got fuck all for it, i dont like the idea of leaving it like that for even more people to waste time and get no reward. That guide should say cast these on either the citadel rapid transit signs or on the mako.

My point exactly, I spent hours casting on the wall outside "Flux" and only got the barrier-achievement. If the other powers, lift, throw, etc. work on the mako, then the guide should be clear about this.

My point exactly, I spent hours casting on the wall outside "Flux" and only got the barrier-achievement. If the other powers, lift, throw, etc. work on the mako, then the guide should be clear about this.

Ive never tryed casting them on the mako so I cant confirm if this is true or if only certain tech/biotic skills work on it. I can however confirm that all the Biotic skills work on the citadel rapid transit signs, crazy as hell but it works lol.

On another note, how may playthroughs did it take people to get to level 60, I'm on my third, and I'm still about 100,000 exp away from level 60. Thanks.

For me it was 2 playthroughs and like 5 hours of another. I got to level 59 and just like you tons of exp points to go, i did all the citadel missions (that give you like 1000+ exp each, just for finishing them, plus the killing exp it might give), then headed to the Amstrong Nebula and did the planet Gagarin and the most useful Maji (in the right system, cant recall its name), it has so many torrets i did some easily 10,000 there, and i got it.

Ive never tryed casting them on the mako so I cant confirm if this is true or if only certain tech/biotic skills work on it. I can however confirm that all the Biotic skills work on the citadel rapid transit signs, crazy as hell but it works lol.

Well the reason they work on the signs its cause they have the target thing, just as the mako, so then it works on both.

For me it was 2 playthroughs and like 5 hours of another. I got to level 59 and just like you tons of exp points to go, i did all the citadel missions (that give you like 1000+ exp each, just for finishing them, plus the killing exp it might give), then headed to the Amstrong Nebula and did the planet Gagarin and the most useful Maji (in the right system, cant recall its name), it has so many torrets i did some easily 10,000 there, and i got it.

Well the reason they work on the signs its cause they have the target thing, just as the mako, so then it works on both.

So ? Dont mean every skill will work on everything that has a target, i know AI hacking can only be done on enemys. Did you cast Biotic skills on the mako and unlock achievements ? If not then dont just assume it'll work because i dont want poor buggers like myself casting for hours and getting no achievements.

So ? Dont mean every skill will work on everything that has a target, i know AI hacking can only be done on enemys. Did you cast Biotic skills on the mako and unlock achievements ? If not then dont just assume it'll work because i dont want poor buggers like myself casting for hours and getting no achievements.

I actually mentioned Hacking as one that cant be done, but since i enjoy game and i am not a lazy ass i just unlocked stasis with the mako, all other achievements i got them from enemies... the reason i am "assuming" its cause i have seen other people confirming on some biotics, giving the majority, somehow it seems that some require more use than others, i did 75 times singularity and stasis on the mako (the only time i did that trick) and stasis unlocked but singularity didnt, however i got it after using it against enemies 20-25 times, so i dont know how do they count but its like some of the mako trick worked some didnt, which its weird, in fact i saw a guy posting how many times it took for him, casting on mako and there were some abilitys that required more casting... If you dont wanna waste yout time then just use it against enemies, thats the most safe thing.

Q: Can I NOT play Veteran and still Unlock Hardcore (Can you beat the game on easy or Normal and still unlock it)?

A: ??????

Q: Also, if you talk to that guy on Noveria, can you get both 75% renegade AND 75% Paragon points?

Q: I can't find the last mineral! OMG Where is it?!

A: Don't worry, there is a surplus of minerals/metals/gasses (something like 10 gasses and you only need to find 6). Just keep surveying planets. Some minerals/metals are in deposits when you land on a planet. They aren't mapped, but you'll see an orange blip on your radar (When you find them, they will map after). Finally, there are at least 2 asteroid belts that have hidden minerals on them...just trace around it, hit Y to scan when you see it, and survey it. There is one in the system where you get Liara and one in the Teraschkoira(?) system in the Armstrong nebula.

Knibb High Football rules!

Q: Can I NOT play Veteran and still Unlock Hardcore (Can you beat the game on easy or Normal and still unlock it)?

Q: Also, if you talk to that guy on Noveria, can you get both 75% renegade AND 75% Paragon points?

1: no you must play it on veteran

2: i think so, if your intimidate&charm levels are high enough

1: no you must play it on veteran

2: i think so, if your intimidate&charm levels are high enough

1. Yes, you can play on any difficulty to unlock Hardcore.

2. Yes, you can get both achievements.

I've got a few things to mention for this guide:

The first of which, I'm not sure about.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it or not...

But on Gamefaqs.com several people say that to get the character use achievements you have to complete 45 assignments and 15 missions.

This means you have to START the mission with them in your party and at every opportunity keep them in your party, including the conclusion of the party.

Obviously the easiest ones to do this with would be Kaide and Ashley... However, to get it for the others, simply do ONLY the missions required to get the characters. Like say for T'soni, you simply do enough in the Citidel to LEAVE the place and then go collect her right away. Don't start any other missions or anything until you've got the people in your party you need the achievements for.

And the other thing I want to mention is this:

I actually found that casting biotics and tech spells on enemies was faster than trying to spend hours upon hours casting on walls and the mako and whatever else.

I found this ESPECIALLY easy to do on the excavation planet you pick up the Asari woman on. When you get to the Armature, tell your teammates to find cover and they'll stay there. After that, keep casting the skills on the Armature. I got all my biotic skills in this way. Nope, I didn't need an organic creature to get all my Adept Achievements. If you do not want to spend time on a single enemy casting them... You can always cast them all whenever possible on any enemy you encounter. The skill doesn't have to affect the enemy, just has to hit them.

Hope all of that helps!