Do Passwords Disable Achievements?

Sorry, I actually meant the cheat passwords, like unlimited health etc.

Edit: Actually some cheats appear to be bogus, perhaps they're just fake.

I was going to say, I don't remember Toejam & Earl ever having any cheats, so I'd suspect that what you've found was fake.

I could be wrong of course... :)

;5381333']I was going to say, I don't remember Toejam & Earl ever having any cheats, so I'd suspect that what you've found was fake.

I could be wrong of course... :)

I never knew the first game had cheats though but apparently it does. But that game doesn't give you the achievement for using it (tested it with the cheat then played through without it).

That being said - it's possible any cheats/passwords won't work here either. They might have wised up this time...

Passwords do disable achievements it seems. I used one to get to level 15 but did not receive the duck achievement nor the one for sucking up 4 enemies with the vac.

switching back to a legitimate game allows achievements to be unlocked again.

Edited by nfntjy

Looks like they do disable achievements.

I entered a password to get to level 15, and didn't get the achievement for completing the game.

Kinda sucks cause I really don't like TJ&E2 -just bought the game for TJ&E1- , and I don't want to bother playing it from beginning to the end...

Same. But perhaps the warp zone(s) help though? When I went for that particular achievement I also got "lil kid mode" out of the way (achievement worked just fine among a few others).

Lil' kid mode stacks with normal? Thank god!

Oops sorry, that's not what i meant. What I meant was that going for the achievement related to the warp zone itself. You can use that to warp to Level 5 (which is the last level of Lil Kid Mode) and it didn't disable achievements.

Not quite as convenient as you were hoping i'm afraid, but playing one and a bit levels is better than finishing all 5 for that mode (plus you can grab the rest of the smaller achievements along the way).

As for the rest of the game - that warp zone achievement says to find "A" warp zone. I'm not familiar with the sequel, but does anyone else know if there are any more warp zones that help to finish Normal mode a lot quicker also?

Same. But perhaps the warp zone(s) help though? When I went for that particular achievement I also got "lil kid mode" out of the way (achievement worked just fine among a few others).

It does help indeed. Finally got the cheeve for completing the game -I say finally like I spent a whole year on this game but it only took two hours :p - ...

As for the warp zone, I searched throughout the entire internet, but didn't find anything about others.

Looks like the one we all know is the only one in the game.