Enjoyed Arkam Asylum - worth getting?

alexthelion32

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, I'm the only one who thinks City was a step back. I jumped straight from Asylum into City and am severely disappointed. After Asylum, I was looking forward to the new one that's releasing this Fall but now...I just felt like this game was more of a chore instead of a game. The city feels like an obstacle to get somewhere rather than a necessary set. It was initially fun to grapple and glide across places, but eventually I was dreading the "quest icon" popping up across the map. The core of the good game is still there but I just felt like it was needlessly complicated this game. There are too many little things in combat(camera), exploration(grapple latching to the wrong ledge, Batman jumping and hitting something that shouldn't have a hitbox there) and with the riddler trophies(I found a trophy that you must dive bomb to get and I always end up one arrow short of opening it, but I looked online and I'm doing it exactly the same way others are) that kept popping me out of immersion.

EDIT: Per recommendation, I exited the game and popped back in and was able to get the trophy. But still...I shouldn't have to exit the game in order for things to work right. :/

The combat is still fun when it works, the stealthing is still a good time and its still fun seeing the Batman characters created in today's graphics. If you liked Asylum, sure, give it a try, but don't be surprised if you end up like me and wondering what happened. Its still a decent enough game, just not up to the level of hype I was hearing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

YES...

I just picked up the GOTY Edition recently and am kicking myself for waiting this long. I'm a cheap bastard and hate paying full price for games (hence the wait), but this one is totally worth the full $60, let alone the $20 or less you can find it for nowadays. A must-have for any collection.

• 1 year later...