Getting into combat for no reason?

Herr Shaun

Has anyone else had the problem of just walking by a group of guards and suddenly pissing them off for no reason? I'll be incognito, no arrows indicating I'm pissing anyone off, and suddenly I'll be in open combat. What gives?

I bet I know exactly where you are when this happens... You're leaving the burnt out section of New York, aren't you - near the encampment?

I'm around there, yes. I'm guessing this is a known issue?

I think they are bugged, but they could be like the guards for the Vatican in AC Brotherhood - there to keep you out of that area.

Just keep your eyes open for the camp, and remember that you can just fast-travel away so you don't have to deal with the alerts...

Has anyone else had the problem of just walking by a group of guards and suddenly pissing them off for no reason? I'll be incognito, no arrows indicating I'm pissing anyone off, and suddenly I'll be in open combat. What gives?

When this happens, do you hear a dog start barking before you get attacked? Because i didnt realize this until recently, but there are random guard dogs walking around and if they notice you, they will bark (and sometimes not even bark) which will alert all of the guards. Whenever i hear a dog barking viciously now, i always dart into an alleyway and i dont get into sudden combat anymore.