Unicorn Hunter

PrivateLeFeuvre

Hi there. I've recently started playing Forza Motorsport 4 and I was going through the achievement list to find that I need Unicorn Hunter still. After looking into what the achievement really is, I am curious to know if it is still possible to earn with the release of Forza: Horizon out now.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to your answers.

--PrivateLeFeuvre--

Edited by PrivateLeFeuvre

Unicorns are given/ can be found being given by turn 10 staff at the official forum for forzamotorsports.

Pay attention to news articles and the news forum.

They have contests every so often: beat johniwanna time on such and such rival etc

Photo competitions/ paint competitions.

I've put it down for a bit so i really can't speak to how often. Last one I noticed was last month.

When you do when one in a compitetion / beat someone's time in rival, it can take up to a month to get, just a heads up.

All right, thanks. I was reading that if I get some certain cars in Forza Motorsport 3 and import my save file then I will also get the achievement. I think I may look into using that method.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

--PrivateLeFeuvre--

I bought the 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera in Forza 3, threw in my USB stick, transported my Forza 3 save on to it, started a new save on my USB stick with Forza 4, raced the welcome race and imported the car. :woop:

Pretty much the same method I did for Forza faithful. I didn't have Forza 3 before Forza 4.

I bought the 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera in Forza 3, threw in my USB stick, transported my Forza 3 save on to it, started a new save on my USB stick with Forza 4, raced the welcome race and imported the car. :woop:

Pretty much the same method I did for Forza faithful. I didn't have Forza 3 before Forza 4.

That sounds like the method I will be using to get it as well. I just have to look into how long and difficult Forza Motorsport 3 is now. Thanks for the idea, I really appreciate it.

--PrivateLeFeuvre--

That sounds like the method I will be using to get it as well. I just have to look into how long and difficult Forza Motorsport 3 is now. Thanks for the idea, I really appreciate it.

--PrivateLeFeuvre--

I loaded up Forza 3, downloaded the VIP and and the Benchmarck Speed Ring DLCs.

loaded up Test Track A, loaded up 11 AI cars on Professional difficulty and raced 4 50 lap races with the Acura R1 car. The 07 lambo cost around 190K, took me about and hour or so. I also got a handful of achieves for forza 3, driver level and car level etc.

Good to hear this. It's honestly going to be a lot easier for me to just drop the 800 MSP and buy the VIP DLC than to wait for an auction or Turn 10 challenge to roll around.

That was my thought exactly. Plus the events and what not where you have to post on the Forza.net forums to a specific person...yadda yadda yadda... Seem totally like a waste of time, I read that their are lots of people still waiting for their cars to be gifted from turn10.

Well I did get the achievement, and this is how:

Since I had already gone through 90% of the World Tour in Forza Motorsport 4 and didn't want to lose anything from that save file, I borrowed Forza Motorsport 3 from a friend of mine, started playing, got to Driver Level 11 or so, bought the V.I.P. Car Pack for 800 Microsoft Points, and then bought the 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera.

From there, I went into my console settings, and went into Storage where I could MOVE my Forza Motorsport 4 saved game data from my Hard Drive to my Removable Storage(flash drive), because it won't let you copy the information from one location to another. I then loaded up Forza Motorsport 4 so that I could complete the entry race in the Ferrari 458 Italia, and it asked me if I wanted to import my saved game data from Forza Motorsport 3. Selected yes and bam. Forza Faithful and Unicorn Hunter popped right away.

So for anybody else who is curious about them, I hope I've helped.

--PrivateLeFeuvre--

• 5 weeks later...
Does it have to be a Xbox flash drive or any old computer flash drive?

A normal computer USB flash drive will work but you'll have to wipe everything on it and convert it to xbox memory which you do on your actual xbox.

I have forza 3 and I have plenty of Cr. so if I buy one of the cars that triggers a unicorn upon import can I import again on my actual game save? I want to have a unicorn on my save :(

If you run a lap of the Monthly Rival Event call Facebook #1 it claims you will get a Unicorn 100%. The event started some time on January 9th and lasts only 24hours. Any time posted to the leaderboard will get you a Unicorn. This has got to be the easiest way to get one yet. Just hurry. It ends around noon PST tomorrow.

If you run a lap of the Monthly Rival Event call Facebook #1 it claims you will get a Unicorn 100%. The event started some time on January 9th and lasts only 24hours. Any time posted to the leaderboard will get you a Unicorn. This has got to be the easiest way to get one yet. Just hurry. It ends around noon PST tomorrow.

You only get one if the turn 10 person beats his track lap time. however it does have to be the easiest way to get a unicorn (other than importing from forza 3).

Ahh man where did u hear about the event, i still need that achievement.

Is there a place i can check for upcoming ones?

I follow @Turn10Studios on Twitter and like Forza Motorsport on Facebook. They posted a game with developers event today from 10am-noon pacific coast time. You can chat with a few of the developers on Facebook during these events and they give out unicorns. I even got a monthly car pack code during one such event. I have a Facebook account only to follow Forza Motorsport

Edited by GWilly41

Is there a way we can get a sticky thread that keeps people up to date with available unicorns?

There have not been many rival event challenges that give out unicorns recently besides this 1 day event. If they put up more ill start a new thread with the date followed by Unicorn. But every week on the Forzamotorsport.net forums they give out tons. There is a paint job competition and a photo competition every week. They also do 3 weekly posts "Rear View Mirror", "Heavy Metal Affliction", and "Week In Review". If you post a reasonably decent response to any of these and finish it with your gamertag and your unicorn of choice chances are you might get it. I have 13 of the 17 unique unicorns and 3 duplicates. Some people have way more than that.