Your Halo movie plot

HuskyHuscarl

Meh, Well it's all attributed to the game we all love.

Agreed but I'm a sucker for backstory and, not so much accuracy but at least being able to ignore innaccuracies, so-to-speak.

The books are still, IMO, much better than the games in terms of characterization, plot points and dialogue.

The games just do a fantastic job of blindsiding you with the gameplay.

The only true complaint is the immense repetition.

Halo 1, 2, 3 were the same plot - Start with Covenant assault, move to the Flood infection, all 3 sides (covies, UNSC, flood) fight and ends with a lackluster fight against a Fallout 3 Eyebot (Both fights with 343 (1,3) and the Covenant barrage on Halo 2).

That's just my take on it however. I doubt we'll ever get a decent movie if one ever sees the light of day.

Agreed but I'm a sucker for backstory and, not so much accuracy but at least being able to ignore innaccuracies, so-to-speak.

The books are still, IMO, much better than the games in terms of characterization, plot points and dialogue.

The games just do a fantastic job of blindsiding you with the gameplay.

The only true complaint is the immense repetition.

Halo 1, 2, 3 were the same plot - Start with Covenant assault, move to the Flood infection, all 3 sides (covies, UNSC, flood) fight and ends with a lackluster fight against a Fallout 3 Eyebot (Both fights with 343 (1,3) and the Covenant barrage on Halo 2).

That's just my take on it however. I doubt we'll ever get a decent movie if one ever sees the light of day.

and Halo wars has the same sort of plot, Even though its not a FPS but never the less, I know what you mean by that sort of thing being repeated but, I don't think many people complained about it, Since the graphics always improved in the next game!

I would something like a war film, but in the Halo world. Focus on a Spartan squad, but no Master Chief. No Cortana. To try and flesh them out for a movie would be stupid, and I think with the Halo universe there are countless characters you could create to fill that protagonist slot. Put it on a smaller scale, no humanity-saving. Maybe something like military fighting to save some planet in the wake of Covenant contact? I don't know, but I'd really like for there to be no Chief. Mention of him maybe, but otherwise a completely independent story.

The Chief meets up with Halsey who magically revives Cortana. Then they up on Earth in a highway chase scene, with dubstep blaring. A couple of hundred explosions later, the Chief kills the bad guy, and says "It's over, punk!"

Then the credits roll during a big dance number with everyone in the movie.

Master Chief waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were aliens in the base. He didn’t see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Sergent Johnson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.

John was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to Halsey “I want to be on the ships Halsey.”

She said “No! You will BE KILL BY ALIENS”

There was a time when he believed her. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the space station base of the UNSC he knew there were aliens.

“This is Johnson” the radio crackered. “You must fight the aliens!”

So John gotted his palsma pistol and blew up the wall.

“HE GOING TO KILL US” said the grunts

“I will shoot at him” said the hunter and he fired the rocket missiles. John plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.

“No! I must kill the aliens” he shouted

The radio said “No, John. You are the aliens”

And then John was a flood.

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/oh_you.jpg?w=720

Theres real talent right now who could do an amazing job of it. I've always fancied Moon director Duncan Jones as director, proven he can do thought provoking sci-fi.

Thing is if it ever happens they'll aim mass market and dumb it all down, we'll get Micheal Bay on as director and Megan Fox as Cortana just for her yonk assets.

Theres real talent right now who could do an amazing job of it. I've always fancied Moon director Duncan Jones as director, proven he can do thought provoking sci-fi.

Thing is if it ever happens they'll aim mass market and dumb it all down, we'll get Micheal Bay on as director and Megan Fox as Cortana just for her yonk assets.

There's the problem, If they use too many well known actors it'd get pretty rubbish and ruin the fans view of Halo.

I think, because they'll be clever they will do what they did in Avatar, Maybe have a few well known actors in the background and the main characters as "Nobody's" so people watch it for the film not the actor kind of thing, Besides if the film was about Master Chief, it wouldn't matter who it was since you don't see them and the voice would be distorted!

and Halo wars has the same sort of plot, Even though its not a FPS but never the less, I know what you mean by that sort of thing being repeated but, I don't think many people complained about it, Since the graphics always improved in the next game!

Well I'm not necessarily complaining, b/c I myself enjoy the series but it was a very rinse and repeat pattern for the first 3 games. Another major flaw is the series lack of a proper "Boss Fight" which is almost a staple for a great series. Even a complex cinematic buton game would've sufficed.

I apprecieated the more cinematic dramatics of Halo 4 compared to, as I said, basically emptying your clip into a floating monitor.

I enjoyed Halo Wars as well. I'm quite the sucker for "The Other Side of the Story". Like Star Wars Battlefront. Even if you took away the Jedi/Sith use ability, it was a fantastic idea to tell it from the soldier's POV rather than the actual cast. And it worked beautifully to the point where the sequel was better in about every single way.

With a Halo movie though, you're better off including the staples of the inspiration for marketing purposes. More people are bound to see a movie, bad or no, about Master Chief than a bunch of ragtag Marines or ODSTs unless they were well known from the games.

Well I'm not necessarily complaining, b/c I myself enjoy the series but it was a very rinse and repeat pattern for the first 3 games. Another major flaw is the series lack of a proper "Boss Fight" which is almost a staple for a great series. Even a complex cinematic buton game would've sufficed.

I apprecieated the more cinematic dramatics of Halo 4 compared to, as I said, basically emptying your clip into a floating monitor.

I enjoyed Halo Wars as well. I'm quite the sucker for "The Other Side of the Story". Like Star Wars Battlefront. Even if you took away the Jedi/Sith use ability, it was a fantastic idea to tell it from the soldier's POV rather than the actual cast. And it worked beautifully to the point where the sequel was better in about every single way.

With a Halo movie though, you're better off including the staples of the inspiration for marketing purposes. More people are bound to see a movie, bad or no, about Master Chief than a bunch of ragtag Marines or ODSTs unless they were well known from the games.

I know what you mean about the Boss Fight, but if anyone changed it.. People would complain "It doesn't feel like Halo anymore", with the lack of boss fights it makes it feel more like a war. I mean if there was boss fights, what sort of bosses would there be?

I liked Halo Wars too, was a bit disappointed with all the criticism it got from the Halo community, Like you said.. Seeing it from a different view point.

I know what you mean about the Boss Fight, but if anyone changed it.. People would complain "It doesn't feel like Halo anymore", with the lack of boss fights it makes it feel more like a war. I mean if there was boss fights, what sort of bosses would there be?

I liked Halo Wars too, was a bit disappointed with all the criticism it got from the Halo community, Like you said.. Seeing it from a different view point.

I really despise that "argument' that it won't feel like Halo anymore. That's so speculative. Fuck the complainers. They didn't develop the game, they honestly don't get a legit "right" to say what Halo is/should be.

I really despise that "argument' that it won't feel like Halo anymore. That's so speculative. Fuck the complainers. They didn't develop the game, they honestly don't get a legit "right" to say what Halo is/should be.

Yes exactly, but you see that argument plastered over every forum that has anything or something dedicated to Halo!