So Roman comes out and declares he's the number one contender for Summerslam even though he hasn't had a match, cuts a cocky heel promo yet the commentators are still putting him over as a face. Also, what is going on with the RAW women's divsion - who is supposed to be feuding with who?

On the plus side, the Enzo & Cass conclusion was good, glad to see Stroman back and they have found a natural heat magnet in Elias Samson (who I only recently noticed has a lisp, so I'm guessing that name was given to him on purpose)

So Roman comes out and declares he's the number one contender for Summerslam even though he hasn't had a match, cuts a cocky heel promo yet the commentators are still putting him over as a face.

The WWE and the commentary 100% know what they're doing, hes acting heel and selling him like they do is getting him even more of that reaction hes supposed to be getting and commentary are giving it to you on a platter. I dont know why we need to have Cole stand up with a huge sign and announce to the world REIGNS IS A HEEL GUYS for anyone to think for themselves and pick up on it, but apparently wrestlings the same fanbase who complain storylines are kept too simple. Its smark bait and they're appealing to all audiences by doing it.

Edited by DaveBodom

Can we change this thread title to Official WWE thread? Cos no one seems to talk about anything but the soap opera WWE stuff.

Nothing is stopping you from talking about other promotions here, but I dunno if you'll really get a response here depending on the promotion.

I actually started watching Lucha Underground on Netflix recently, though I dunno if anyone wants to talk about matches that happened 3 years ago lol.

Nothing is stopping you from talking about other promotions here, but I dunno if you'll really get a response here depending on the promotion.

I actually started watching Lucha Underground on Netflix recently, though I dunno if anyone wants to talk about matches that happened 3 years ago lol.

I barely want to talk about WWE matches that happened last week

The WWE and the commentary 100% know what they're doing, hes acting heel and selling him like they do is getting him even more of that reaction hes supposed to be getting and commentary are giving it to you on a platter. I dont know why we need to have Cole stand up with a huge sign and announce to the world REIGNS IS A HEEL GUYS for anyone to think for themselves and pick up on it, but apparently wrestlings the same fanbase who complain storylines are kept too simple. Its smark bait and they're appealing to all audiences by doing it.

This is Vince we're talking about, the chances are just as high that he's sitting there backstage convinced he is right and everyone in the audience is wrong. People now treat Braun as a face because he beats up Roman, but he's still being booked as a heel.

Carmella cut a great promo on SD, and like all good heels she did have some valid points. If she does win the rematch I think that is an admission by WWE that they messed up, however if anyone else does then the whole thing would have been a work

This is Vince we're talking about, the chances are just as high that he's sitting there backstage convinced he is right and everyone in the audience is wrong. People now treat Braun as a face because he beats up Roman, but he's still being booked as a heel.

Carmella cut a great promo on SD, and like all good heels she did have some valid points. If she does win the rematch I think that is an admission by WWE that they messed up, however if anyone else does then the whole thing would have been a work

I mean, she was drafted last for a reason...

(terrible "moon-walk")

He's been banned from ringside though. There have been hints of a Becky heel turn so I wonder if they'll pull the trigger on that.

Ellsworth does play the role of the deluded heel well, and I can respect him for living out the dream of every indie wrestler. Somehow he's gone from being part of a one-off squash to having a world title shot, beating AJ Styles (albeit with outside help) being in the Rumble and being a key part of the first ever women's ladder match

That's awesome. Glad he's coming back. But I could've sworn he worked NXT before. Mandela Effect?

He did the CWC last year.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2017/6/22/15845748/rumor-roundup-june-22-2017-miz-maryse-split-big-cass-plans-kairi-hojo-debut-tommaso-ciampa-returns

Following up on the rumor earlier this week that WWE is splitting Maryse off from Miz, Dave Meltzer discussed this on Wrestling Observer Radio and speculated it’s being done because they don’t want to duplicate a couples gimmick now that Mike & Maria Kanellis have debuted on SmackDown.

Immediate plans for Big Cass call for a one match feud with Enzo Amore for Great Balls of Fire and a showdown with Big Show at SummerSlam.

Kairi Hojo recently left Japan to start with WWE, and she may show up at this Friday’s NXT taping, along with some other big names rumored for the Mae Young Classic.

Darren Young and Tommaso Ciampa are both rehabbing their injuries and training to return to the ring in Birmingham, Alabama, according to PWInsider.

Jack Swagger has been training for mixed martial arts and is considering doing pro wrestling and MMA like Bobby Lashley.

Edited by Mike0284

If it's a swan song for old school Goldust retirement angle then a lot should care. Gimmick was great and it's not like he can't go anymore.

IMO, greatest wrestler to never win the big one.

I've been trying. Been trying to open up some NJPW dialogue, especially as it's been on fire lately, while WWE just seems to get worse and worse. But weirdly it seems like some people would rather stick with WWE and bitch about how bad it can be, than try something that's only going to get better as time goes on.

I don't think we get LU on Netflix in the UK, or I'd watch that, because it's supposed to be pretty good.