343's Very Own Custom Gametype: Binary Slayer

BiggD

This gametype is going to blow. When a single guy can preoccupy an entire team of 4 simply by thrusting towards or around them, you know this game is going to be nothing but a headache.

They should just implement the classic Action Pack playlist and be done with it.

And some youtube gold:

They have not made extraction a game mode and that is already in the game. Perhaps by early 2014 we might be able to see this in matchmaking, for a small and reasonable price of 400 Microsoft points.

This gametype is going to blow. When a single guy can preoccupy an entire team of 4 simply by thrusting towards or around them, you know this game is going to be nothing but a headache.

They should just implement the classic Action Pack playlist and be done with it.

And some youtube gold:

Well they don't plan on adding it in I assume, they just wanted to show it off.

It might be my headcold that hasn't got me thinking straight but what is the YouTube comment trying to say - that extraction is too similar to gametypes we've already seen across other games?

It might be my headcold that hasn't got me thinking straight but what is the YouTube comment trying to say - that extraction is too similar to gametypes we've already seen across other games?

I think the guy is saying that extraction isn't in the regular playlists.

I think the guy is saying that extraction isn't in the regular playlists.

Guess I read to far into it. Basically, the guy is dumb.

But I wouldn't mind if 343i added this to the weekly playlist rotation. It's something that'd I'd play three to five games of, then hop back into BTIS.

True, it could be a fun little gametype to play. Maybe even add into a future Action Sack although it wouldn't be as fun on small maps.

Edited by BiggD

But I wouldn't mind if 343i added this to the weekly playlist rotation. It's something that'd I'd play three to five games of, then hop back into BTIS.

Lol right? Like where the hell is an "Action Sack" style playlist. They had Snipers for like a week, where is Rockets, Splazers, etc? It would certainly make weapon commendation grinding a hell of a lot easier too.

Or Grifball. Where dafuk is it 343? They went out of their way to show off the new features/map space to not even include it for this long?

what is the YouTube comment trying to say - that extraction is too similar to gametypes we've already seen across other games?

He's saying that the Extraction mode has been hoisted by 343i as a brand new gametype for Halo 4 yet isn't even in the playlists; he's making the argument that should this Binary slayer even be contemplated into being rotated in, it would take a lengthy amount of time before it sees the light of day considering 343i has to follow through with all their other gametype and forge-map promises. I agree that the MSP statement is dumb; the rest, however, I believe is spot-on.

It makes no sense to pitch gametypes and map environments as if they're going to be included with launch, only to wait over a month (possibly longer) before implementing such. Let's just hope that when they do start to release classic gametypes, they do it correctly. It was embarrassing enough for them to release Team Snipers with motion sensors; my lord.

Edited by Hishoa

Some guy invited me to a match earlier, it totally blew. The idea of playing swat with thrusters and a long scoped power weapon blows. The binary rifle is dire short range so it basically turns into Team Snipers because who in their right mind would ever ever use thrust with a long range weap.

He's saying that the Extraction mode has been hoisted by 343i as a brand new gametype for Halo 4 yet isn't even in the playlists; he's making the argument that should this Binary slayer even be contemplated into being rotated in, it would take a lengthy amount of time before it sees the light of day considering 343i has to follow through with all their other gametype and forge-map promises. I agree that the MSP statement is dumb; the rest, however, I believe is spot-on.

It was embarrassing enough for them to release Team Snipers with motion sensors; my lord.

Thanks for clearing that up :p

Sensors on Snipers was a fucking terrible mistake -__-

Some guy invited me to a match earlier, it totally blew. The idea of playing swat with thrusters and a long scoped power weapon blows. The binary rifle is dire short range so it basically turns into Team Snipers because who in their right mind would ever ever use thrust with a long range weap.

That's why 343 recommends using energy swords as your secondary loadout weapon.

I've played this in a full custom match with the proper settings. It's fun as shit.

• 3 weeks later...